main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Beyond - Legends From Slavery to Aristocracy (OTP Challenge #13)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Anedon, Dec 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU Mod - Aussie Rebel At Heart. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    From you, that means a lot @Warrior_Goddess - cannot thank you enough for lending me Marie! She is such a pleasure to write.

Kahara and Anedon like this.
  2. Warrior_Goddess

Warrior_Goddess Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2006
    I'll always trust you with her ;) [:D]

Kahara, Adalia-Durron and Anedon like this.
  3. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    [face_blush] Thank you.

Kahara, Warrior_Goddess and Anedon like this.
  4. Findswoman

Findswoman Force Ghost star 5

Feb 27, 2014
    So I've caught up with this story at last, and I really enjoyed it—great work by you both! =D= Wow, between Adrian almost being sold as a slave, the duel, and Marie's poisoning, this has got to be one of the more high-stakes City Mouse/Country Mouse stories I've seen in this challenge—both parties almost pay with their lives for their respective forays into each other's home turf! Just goes to show just how cutthroat both slavery and aristocracy are, but having someone you love by your side can go a long way to (quite literally) helping you stay safe through it all. It's interesting, too, how both Marie and Adrian are at least somewhat critical of the cultures in which they grew up—in a way that makes them particularly good as "ambassadors" for those visiting from outside. All in all, I really enjoyed getting to know them both, along with their very different worlds, and I loved the variety of "supporting" OCs, too, from Chalise to Ilona to the various nobles at the ball to Sunil'na (especially her!). Thanks so much for sharing this rich and vibrant story with the challenge! =D=

(And this was also the perfect match for the 2020 Reading Challenge "fic with two or more authors" prompt—so thanks for that, too! Would love to see further collaborations between you two. :) )

5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Thank you @Findswoman - your words are so wonderful and make us both humble. [face_blush][face_blush] We enjoy working together and our RL Age differences makes it interesting. We've used these characters in the Dear Diary challenge as well, so their thoughts behind this story are there ;) The challenge looks pretty full on, will have to consider it carefully. :eek:

Kahara, Findswoman and Anedon like this.
  6. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I really like it!

The slow building connection and cross cultural interchange.

Really well done @Anedon and @Adalia-Durron!

7. Anedon

Anedon Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 11, 2016