main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Fundraisers and Community Events: Comments, Suggestions and Ideas!!! Input please.

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Jan 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    Im bringing money on Saturday, I havent had a chance to go donate on the site and probably wont be able to for a couple days.

What time are we meeting at Professor?

2. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    I'm supposed to have $60 posted by my name: the $20 my brother-in-law donated, the $20 I was unexplainably charged when I backed out at the last minute of registration because I was going to just give cash later, and the $20 I went back and decided to give anyway but filled in all my personal information, not knowing it was going to a separate account. I have just emailed Melissa about it (for the several-th time!), hoping she will be able to credit me for the entire $60, or at least credit our group for it. With my struggle at asking other people for money, even for a good cause, I had done what I could by sending emails to family and friends with my site link on them. I sure hope my efforts are acceptable.

Respectfully,

Lavenddrrose73
    @};-

3. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Yes I was going to suggest that we meet somewhere before hand. We have to be there around 12:30. So someone who is more familiar with the area pick a local McDonalds, Wendys somthing like that so we can meet say starting around 11ish so that we can find our new people. Ok enough of that
    The people with pledges please if you can get them on the website if you are having trouble time wise or other get with someone else who can help. I am thinking of pulling my name from the roster and giving the rest of my donations to Tre' I wasnt planning on bowling the whole time anyway and that way they dont have to pay for me to bowl also it will lower the team count and make it look better. Before you all freak I will be there in armor for support. But I personally fell real bad that I havnt raised any money and the fact thatit is our first event and we have the largest team. Enough said the next events we will be more preparred.

4. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Okay, here is what I'm going to do: Here are the names of the people who have donated so far, and thank you for your help. Notice that there are only 9 names out of 18...

Me[face_mischief]
    Mack
    Denise
    Barbara
    BJ
    Jeremy
    Henry
    Tre' (Who is a minor, ya'll. And he's raised quite a bit.)
    Jacob

5. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    There is a Taco Bell up Rodney Parham from there and if we must do fast food that gets my vote--plus it is not far from the Comic Shop if anyone is interested. Should we meet at 12:00 or sooner? Maybe 11:30 or 11:45?

6. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    I was thinking between 11 and 1130. I want a chance to make sure we have a good count on the money before we get to the bowling alley. Taco Bell works for me. That's my vote...

7. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    NEW INFO - EVERYBODY PAY ATTENTION!

Some of you had pointed out that it would not be a bad thing if you personally didn't bowl as long as you got to hang out and have fun with the group. Given that and the lack of a large amount of monetary participation, we have bumped our bowling back to two lanes...that means two teams. This means that we are not using so many of BBBS resources, and our donations will look better when compared to the amount of participation. I am sure that we can switch out players if we want to, and some of you guys had expressed a little concern over bowling in costume anyway. We still have a day and a half for Santa Claus to show up with a sack full of money.[face_clown] Anyways, we still want everyone to come out and have fun, take pictures, humor the kids. In short, let's make an impressive display for the news crews, okay?

8. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    News crew? Oh, good heavens! I'm pulling some money before I go to class and hitting the bowling alley on base right after class!

Lavenderrose73 @};-

9. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Hey...Lavendar...Don't worry about being a bad bowler...There is none worse than me...

I have made one strike in my life and it was two lanes over from where I was bowling....

Anyway, I'm going to go hit up the faculty again...Can't hurt.

See everybody tomorrow...(If I can get that darn costume finished...It's sewing marathon day 3...The final stretch
    And I'm not going to quit until I'm done...So, tonight might be a long one.

But, the way I figure that I will be more used to the pattern and the process after this time so next time it will be better!

Bacon

10. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I was thinking about suggesting that we only bowl if we had pledges or donations...

11. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Mack and I will be at Taco Bell around 11. Jacob, can you pinpoint a little more where it is? Oh, and we're gonna have the little one with us, our babysitter had something come up...At least Sam has a Leia costume we can stick her in...

12. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Jaira:

I updated the meet when/where on the topic line.

Thanks for giving me the info to put there.

I've got to dig out my camera and bring it.

Also, maybe we need some posters with our group name and such stuff on them that we can put
    around.

And business cards: We need business cards....Or maybe I'll whip up a flyer.

I know it's a fundraiser, but we will probably get asked by people about our group and such.....

What does everybody think??

13. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?latlongtype=internal&addtohistory=&latitude=6ZTSDHfuOv8%3d&longitude=l2AWz4xyAn4%3d&name=Taco%20Bell&country=US&address=9600%20N%20Rodney%20Parham%20Rd&city=Little%20Rock&state=AR&zipcode=72227&phone=501%2d225%2d7074&spurl=0&&q=Taco%20Bell&qc=%28All%29%20Restaurants

Wow. That is one He!! of a URL. I wonder if it will work. Anyway, it is at the corner of Rodney Parham and Treasure Hill, or nearabouts, on the north side of Rodney Parham (NorthEast side) just up (NorthWest) the road from Reservoir, which is where the Lanes are, right?

14. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Hey...Lavendar...Don't worry about being a bad bowler...There is none worse than me...

Too late! I just got back from the base bowling alley, bowling 8 games hoping to warm up. I finished with 100 points twice, got 105 once, and otherwise could have done a lot better. I started thinking after awhile, though: tomorrow, my tired right hand will get plenty of rest between sets of 2. Doggone, why does it not make the whole thing a link? It only works if you copy and paste the whole thing on another browser. I tried sending a link to the bowling alley to someone in a pm and the stupid posting did the same thing :mad: .Man, someone needs to fix that! Well, See everyone there tomorrow.

Lavenderrose73 @};-

15. VADER312

VADER312 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    GUY'S I HAVE TO GET MY STORE OPEN SO I'LL BE AT THE BOWLING ALLEY ABOUT 12:45-12:50, AS IT LOOKS I'LL BE IN MY SUIT WHEN I WALK IN THE DOOR. (NOT EXCITED ABOUT THOSE STEPS AT ALL.) MY DAUGHTER CLARE IS NOT COMMING SO SHE CAN BE TAKEN OFF THE LIST, BUT THE WIFE AND I WILL DO SOME BOWLING

16. ti7267

ti7267 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    well bad news is and i talked to tracey this morning. I am still sick with a cold, tried putting on my tie helmet just to see couldn't breathe, so wife says no go cause she doesn't want everyone else to get sick, same with me. So far this has been the cold from hell, been sick now for 2 weeks :(

17. VADER312

Dec 11, 2005
    I UNDERSTAND, HECK MY BREATHING EFFECTS WILL BE MY OWN

SO HOW MANY STORMTROOPERS WILL WE HAVE?

18. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    2 troopers and a Biker Scout

19. VADER312

Dec 11, 2005
    O.K. SUIT IS OUT AND FULLY TESTED. WHO IS THE SECOND STORMTROOPER?

20. Lavenderrose73

Nov 2, 2005
    Ok, Princess Leia calling it a night so she can bowl tomorrow, right after I go to the cantina and order some chamomile tea. I-)

@};-

21. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    hey I have a drama rehearsal tomorrow in the morning, ill meet up with you guys at the bowling alley about 12:45, let me know if that is either too late or too early

Caleb

22. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    12:45 it is then if you can find us HAHA

23. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    I wanted to thank everybody for coming out today, it was a great day for the ArkanSith, I think. In all, including the WalMart contribution, we made over $1000.[face_dancing] Not bad for our first charity. I think we had 15 or 16 people show up, and I'm sure there will be pictures available within 24 hours or so from those people that took them. Thanks again for all of your help.[face_love]

24. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Yes I would like to thank everyone also for showing up and to those who wasnt able to make it. Hope you will be able to next time. TI7267 hope your better soon. Also everyone that took picture if you can get them on the PC I want a copy if not the next time we meet here bring them and I will scan them in. Any other pic that was made at any other event or outing we have done get them to me I want to make a photo archive and maybe like each year make a copy of it for everyone to have.

25. ti7267

ti7267 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2005
    im sorry i couldn't make it wife wouldn't let me go anywhere due to this evil cold :( she didn't want everyone else to get sick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.