main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Funko Pop: Star Wars

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by UmphPool, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    My trigger-finger was tempted to already pre-order the Amazon exclusive Ahsoka, but so far in advance (October release) I think I'll wait. I don't like doing that and finding out that I have a vacation planned around that time and would be out of town.

[​IMG]

2. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    Ordered the Grogu, Din, both Ahsoka’s, and Bo-Katan. Unmasked Bo-Katan is the chase though. Common Bo has the helmet, so I’ll probably cancel to be honest. Not happy about the unmasked being the chase.

Don’t need the dark trooper, and Boba is getting his own show. There’s bound to be better poses and stuff for him, so I’ll just hold off. I also picked up the season 7 clone wars ahsoka, so the common mando one seems a little redundant. I’ll decide later I guess.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I just checked the Ahsoka exclusive one on Amazon and it's now listed as "temporarily out of stock". What does that even mean for a pre-order?

4. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Means it’s sold out for now. If you can still order, I’d do it before it’s completely unavailable like the Bad batch ones.

there’s also a GameStop Grogu.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Won't let me order. That stinks.

6. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Alot of times when it's like that, it'll show up randomly again. The problem is, well it's totally random when it does and it usually sells out quickly again.

I'm still waiting on the Amazon Qui-Gon Pop to ship from earlier in the year. They sent an e-mail a while ago that they were delaying the shipping and didn't have any ETA for when it be sent out.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Of course I just checked eBay and there's people already selling the Amazon exclusive pop for upwards of $30.

8. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    Yeah sadly you just gotta jump on funko stuff now. They sell like crazy. Better to order first and cancel later just to get what you want.

9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'd probably get the non-hooded Ahsoka if I saw it - looks like a nice figure. I have a few Bobas already so I might pass on that one.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Believe it or not I woke up this morning and checked my Amazon page, and I didn't realize but I already had the hooded Ahsoka exclusive in my "Cart" ready to purchase. I don't remember even adding it yesterday. So I bought it after all.

Gamma626 likes this.
  11. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    New "Retro" series at Target
    [​IMG]

I guess taking influence from the old Marvel comics. They are really going for broke with that specific Vader sculpt (this one does look pretty cool though).

clone commander bossk likes this.
  12. Trev Elyt

Trev Elyt Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 22, 2019
    Does anyone have any suggestions for how to fix a Funko lightsaber that is slightly bent? I pre-ordered the new Rey with her yellow saber and was bummed when it arrived and the blade was slightly curved. It’s not super noticeable, but I definitely can see it and it drives me CRAZY. I have several lightsaber-wielding Funko Pop figures and this is the first time I got one with an issue like this with the blade, so any advice is greatly appreciated.

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Most of my Pops are boxed but I have two opened ones - BB8 and a porg. The bits on BB8 seem to be plastic. I'd be tempted to try a hairdryer on the lightsaber to gently heat it and see if you can 'iron out' the curve. (Note that I haven't tried this method so you might want to try it on something expendable first).
    - old Reddit thread asking the same question.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    Trev Elyt likes this.
  14. Trev Elyt

Mar 22, 2019
    Awesome! This is super helpful. Thank you so much! :)

LAJ_FETT likes this.
  15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Glad to help!

Trev Elyt likes this.
  16. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    I used to use that method with my WOTC Miniatures, almost all the time the lightsabers were bent. THough sometimes all it took was some hot water. THough a POP lightsaber might be too stiff for the water method

Trev Elyt likes this.
  17. Trev Elyt

Mar 22, 2019
    Quick update: I tried the hair dryer option and was shocked, but I’m pleased to report that it worked very well. :) The saber is no longer bent! If anyone else encounters this issue, I did find that it was helpful to put the dryer on heat mode and let it hit the saber directly for about a minute, and then I switched to cool mode — which I realize not every dryer has, but if you do, I’d recommend using it — and used that for about a minute. It worked really well for me. Thanks again for the helpful tips!

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Glad that worked for you! Thanks for the update and the tip about the cool mode.

cathiecat and Trev Elyt like this.
  19. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    [​IMG]

I'm liking this McQuarrie concept series as a whole so far. Although, I think they've used that pose that Han is doing for every character who has ever held a lightsaber.

20. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I actually like the Rey one, including the coloring of the box. I'll be honest, I didn't think they'd be releasing a Pop from Rebels anytime soon, let alone a Super Commando. Rey is shared with Amazon (ughh) and Super Commando shared with GameStop.

21. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    [​IMG]

Nice to see the prequels get some more POPs.

Edit:
    [​IMG]

That Leia is awesome. Granted, it's an Amazon exclusive so who knows if you'll ever get it. I'm still waiting on my Qui-Gon from them....that I ordered in March.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  22. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    GAHH Need that Leia and Wicket. Me too on Qui-Gon :(

Guidman likes this.
  23. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    A miracle has occurred - my Qui-Gon shipped!

24. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    Dengar is up for pre-order now. I’m not a huge Funko collector, but I really like their Bounty Hunter series.

[​IMG]

25. Guidman

Dec 29, 2016
    I just got an email this morning that the updated delivery for mine is the end of the month thru mid October. Let's just say I'm not holding my breath that will be the actual date range.

I must have put Antarctica for my address or something.