main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Funniest Misspelled Words-- Whn teh kish runs awry withtt he fpoon.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Bale, Jul 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bale

Bale Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2005
    Let?s face it, at some point we?ve all misspelled one thing or another. For the most part it's nothing spectacular, usually just something as simple as a missing comma here or there, some letters juxtaposed, etc. But on occasion one runs across a misspelling that is just downright hilarious. The purpose of this thread is not to personally attack anyone or their writing, like I said we?ve all done it. Rather, the purpose is to preserve those few priceless moments of humor that have come at the expense of proper spelling. So have fun with this thread and remember if you can?t laugh at yourself, who can you?

?Learn to use the Edit Feature and you will achieve a power greater than any Jedi?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Without further delay a few of my favorites:

From the Gentlemen?s Writing Guild, this season?s top sellers at any farmer?s market: ?bluemerry? and ?trawberry?

Again from the guys? lounge: The Terminator?s most menacing line, ?astalaista.?

A Freudian slip from a response to Slipping Into Darkness, ?Mace Window.?

2. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Lol, this could be funny! :D

I can't think of any realy hilarious slips of mine off the top of my head, but I remember I was writing a test once and had a very weird memory block. I suddenly coudn't spell "you." It came out as "yoo."

3. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    Until I changed the auto-correct feature on my spell checker, R2-D2 and C-3PO were both "druids."

Who knew?

4. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    The "Mace Window" one reminds me of when I accidentally typed Mace Windex and didn't catch it in the two times I read over it. Heeeehehe~

-___________-

5. CherryLightsaber

CherryLightsaber Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Keeping consistency with 'Mace Windu', one time I spelled 'Mace Windy'. Though I've never done this, "Anikan" is pretty funny.

"Windex!" That's funny.

6. SiriLVR

SiriLVR Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    Yes im not a good speller in the summer my brain doesn't work good..
    [face_laugh]Windex!! if i messspeell it ,will be maaacee wiiinduy

7. jedi_master326

jedi_master326 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2005
    yeah...I did the Anikan a lot. Oh, and Separatists were "Seperetists." But probably my favorite mistake that I would make was:

Emperer Palatine

8. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    LOL. Everytime I wrote Qui-Gon (before I added the name to my auto-correct feature), it'd give this bright red spiky line - and once, I was so irritated that I clicked on its alternative suggestions feature...

...and ended up with a page full of Cow-Goons.

9. SiriLVR

SiriLVR Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    just found this in the beta thread. mentor me through my store called "Can't you see my wings are ready?" It's not done by me.

10. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    My friend Annemarie used to do a fanzine and one time, there was a 150-page story in there, involving Leia and Rieekan in a lot of scenes. Well, um, she forgot to add Rieekan to her spell-checker, so I was sitting there, happily reading, when all of a sudden General Raccoon was on the loose!

11. Princess_Arulmozhi

Nov 16, 2004
    *Snort* Oh, poor Ish... [face_laugh]

12. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    General Raccoon *snerk*

I posted this in the Teenage Writers Society today, after talking about being a beta myself and correcting someone else's grammar:

My grammar/spelling is good and I know I'm goo diwth characterization and plot

More of a typo than a misspelling, but it was still embarrassing *grins*

Anikan and its variations annoy me more than anything else. Messing up character names, not as a one time thing (like Mace Windex *grins*) but repeatedly just gets on my nerves. But typos like that can be hilarious.

13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    There used to be something in Dantana's profile where she was RPGing and someone said "do you know how weird it is to have your brother and your husband layed by the same 16-year-old girl?"

14. Princess_Arulmozhi

Nov 16, 2004
    LOL. And then they'd keep saying it was 'played'? I remember that one. :D

15. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    Really? Good one...

16. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    *cough*Leona*cough*

:D

I think "whant" is pretty funny. I mean, how hard is it to spell "want"? ;)

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    My biggest pet peeve is "shinning."

VaderLVR64 edit: Your comment was inappropriate and could be considered flaming.

18. Princess_Arulmozhi

Nov 16, 2004
    'Shoikler!' is still my favourite. :D

19. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    You can't forget "wuick". That's a classic. :D

You know we love you, HL. :)

I can't stand it when they misspell the characters NAMES. All one would have to do is pick up a MOVIE case and there the names "Obi-Wan", (Not Obi-One), "Anakin" (not Annikin), and "Qui-Gon" (not Qwi-Gone, which I have seen). Grr... :)

20. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yeah. I cringe to reread my early fanfic because I didn't have the movies or the books, so Leah and Chooey had some awesum adventures.

21. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
  22. CherryLightsaber

CherryLightsaber Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    I cringe when I see "Anikan" or something close to the misspelling. I feel like yelling... A bit off-topic, but one time there was a little kid who pronounced Qui-Gon "Quay-Gon". I also wanted to yell.

You'll see many of these misspellings on FF.net.

I also slipped with "Obi-Wan Kanohi". Those silly Bionicle terms.

23. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    At least I'm loved!! :D [face_blush] [:D]

I don't remember who told me this on the boards, but it's my favorite typo. Perhaps it was Dana that passed it to me, but there was a fic that had the line,

The darkness crapped across the galaxy.

Still makes me laugh out loud!!

24. Alethia

Feb 13, 2005
    Okay, I have never shot milk through my nose.

Now I have.

*grins*

Which is discussing, but that mistake is brilliant.

Darkness crapping across the galaxy...

25. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    This is a very interesting psychological article about "Tyrannical Omnipotence in the Archetypal Father" (.pdf file) which has some good material for use with Anakin/Vader characterizations, if you can make it through the academic case history style. It also contains many references to a mysterious Sith Lord named Darth Vadar, as well as his light-side alter ego, Annekin Skywalker. There is no information on who Annekin/Vadar might have been, or why his life seems to have paralleled Anakin/Vader's in so many ways (perhaps it was a "Life of Brian" situation?), but I thought the case history commentary was gold. The Star Wars analysis left a little bit to be desired--unsurprisingly.

Edit: The darkness crapped across the galaxy.

[face_laugh]

I ran across a fic a while ago that involved a planet whose climate consisted largely of dessert. I want a ticket to that place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.