main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Future Anthology Films Possibly On Hold

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Darth Chiznuk , Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I’m a SW fan. If KK does not accept my invitation to have lunch, I’m going to assume there’s a huge coverup and that she’s being fired.

2. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I keep sending her emails asking her if she's been fired, but nothing.

jaqen and EHT like this.
  3. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I believe she will be gone later then sooner because I do believe that Disney is trying to find the right replacement to be Ceo of lucasfilm so that means we can try best not having the star wars fatigue again.

4. Xinau

Xinau Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2015
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...s-lucasfilm-deal-extended-three-years-1147653

5. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Good find. I believe KK has made mistakes (which the article highlighted) but if Iger believes she can fix it great.

Other notable things in the article.

That flies in the face of the argument that the shift was just about Solo.

What's also interesting is that Ep IX and maybe Indiana Jones may be the only feature films KK is over - the rest being TV.

6. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Psshh! Mere facts. That won't stand in the way of my constructing the ultimate conspiracy theory of the universe. Facts and evidence will tremble at the sight of the omissions and speculations that I assemble to destroy them. The ability to report facts is insignificant next to the power of my bias.

Jedi Merkurian , jaqen, Xinau and 5 others like this.
  7. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Thanks for the article, @Xinau .

You think the article "highlighted" her mistakes? Umm... OK.

Well, to be clear, they say that those two movies are the only currently active movies. But they do also talk about the B&W and Rian Johnson movies too (by the way, I notice you avoided commenting on that "Rian Johnson movies" part). But I think the point is that they've renewed her contract for another three years. That doesn't mean she'll be done in three years, just that that's how long she's been extended for for now. After that she could continue in the position and still be in charge when those other movies are released.

8. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It would have been a colossal mistake to let her go. Glad her contract has been extended.

jaqen, Xinau, ewoksimon and 3 others like this.
  9. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    You like the word mentioned instead of highlighted? It sure didn't dodge the production issues, box office failures, or fan dissent. Sure than. It wasn't ignored as coincidence and circumstances

This isn't the thread to talk about Rian's trilogy. I was trying to be peaceful and on-topic. I could point out that it said B&W is a lock while RJ is only a possibility but I didn't want to be petty.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  10. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Someone giving on opinion on what might have caused a decision to happen doesn't somehow make it a fact. That part is nothing but speculation.

It also doesn't say anything like that IX and Indy might be the only feature films that may happen under Kennedy. The only thing it actually does say - and which isn't merely part of your interpretation - is that other SW-projects of the "near future" (which in itself is as unclear a term as it gets) might focus heavily on tv. That doesn't really say anything at all, because the tv-shows are obviously in production right now, while the following movies are much more vague yet. Non of this really says much about future plans either, because it is merely THR stating what is currently known to the public, not what Lucasfilm itself actually says about the future.

[face_laugh]

More like you took the vote of convidence by Disney and somehow tried to twist it into meaning something entirely different. Showing nothing more than your usual bias against Kennedy and the recent works of Lucasfilm.

A proper evaluation of what transpired would have been you acknowledging that your opinion of what Disney thought was completely and utterly wrong. Instead you tried to move the goalposts, while also pretending that there are things to be read between the lines which simply aren't there. Which is kind of odd, because you can be of the opinion that changes are necessary or that there was something wrong with the most recent movies while also accepting that you were wrong about what Disney was thinking. You don't need to cling to obscure theories that get debunked with each and every new news, because your opinion on what should be done and what Disney is actually planning to do, are in no way connected and thus don't depend on each other.

DarthPhilosopher and Bor Mullet like this.
  11. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    You shouldn't worry about me. Focus on the topic.

[​IMG]

-LordSkywalker- and Luke02 like this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Haha. Yes, now is NOT the time to focus on what @2Cleva is saying or has said in the past. Nothing to see here. Move along, move along.

Outsourced and DarthPhilosopher like this.
  13. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    She only got a three year extension over a time period where only one Star Wars movie is most likely to come out since even 2021 seems to be very unlikely since as I said on another board rushing into production with anything at this point seems foolish (they will want to take their time especially since this is going to be "all new" material, have to get off on the right foot). Therefore this is a vote of confidence...with a massive asterik in front of it. Reminds me of an NFL HC who gets a short extension where the team is trying to allow it a quick escape clause in case the team falters quickly.

A 5-7 year deal would been a bigger seal of approval. This is one with an out clause. I don't blame Disney. It's a precarious time in the franchise history. It's moving into uncharted terroritory.

-LordSkywalker- likes this.
  14. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    You realise production doesn't start with the release of the film? She'll be overseeing the most creatively rich phase of their development.

15. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    I guess she got fired, then.

16. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Her contract might be extended but that does give her 3 years and 3 months because we are approaching December of 2018 but alot of fans are going to start another boycott starting with unfortunately star wars episode 9.

2021 is 3 years but we have 3 months til December 31st. My math is bad guys sorry.

17. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
  18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Sigh. Of course the response to her getting an extension is... "Yeah, but it's only three years so obviously Disney has no confidence in her!" C'mon now, play fair. You can say it... "I... was... wrong..." It happens to the best of us. ;)

19. Krueger

Aug 9, 2004
    I'm guessing this news means there definitely won't be a film in 2020, but maybe in 2021?

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    We won't know for sure yet, still could happen but unlikley. they will have 2021 not later, maybe sooner. Celebration we know for sure. either a new spin off or got's first saga movie.

21. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Does she still have creative control of the star wars universe?

22. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    What makes this the best comment is the lack of punctuation.

Jedi Merkurian , Bor Mullet and EHT like this.
  23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Of course she does...

Is this Earth? Are we still humans or have we been body-snatched? Somebody, do something!

24. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    This is bad news, Kathleen Kennedy might be a good producer, but terrible with creativity.

25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    She’s produced two of my top Star Wars films, so I don’t agree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.