main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

2. Submit your favorites HERE

Future Fics

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Aftermath, Jan 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aftermath

Aftermath Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    Anyone know any good Future Fics (post-njo), especially Far Future Fics (those set long after the expiration date of regular characters)? I've seen a few FF's but none of them really seem to get off the ground much. The only successful one I can think of is 'Sands of Time' (which includes a reincarnated, ever-popular Obi-wan).

So what's with the lack of FF's? They obviously have a great potential for creativity, but I think that might be part of the problem. Readers have a lack of familiarity with the subject, which might disinterest some of them. I know from experience that one of the hardest parts about writting Future Fics is redefining the galaxy, creating believable new cultures and things for the story. A lot of thought and imagination has to go into that, so maybe a writers are just a little nervous to explore such uncharted waters?

Like I said, I found a few Future Fics around here. They were very interesting and I liked them a lot. However the author/s seemed to eventually give up on them. I know this happens with a lot of stories, but it seems to plague the Future Fic genre.

--And while you're here, it's time for some shameless plugs. Alderann_, Lonewolf89, and I are working on a Far Future Fic set 500 years post-NJO. The plot is shaping up nicely and we should start posting sometime within the month I imagine. So keep an eye out for that.

2. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    I have a FF! It's set some indefinite number of years after NJO, and is completed. ONe more post to go, that is. I've already finished writing it. Check it out:

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=5112809]Namesake[/link]

Hope you like it!

3. Lisse

Lisse Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 6, 2001
    Are you only looking for canon stories or do you like AUs too? If the latter's the case, I have a story set about thirty years after A New Hope that follows canon up until the Battle of Endor and then heads for parts unknown. The link's in the sig if you're interested. :)

4. Aftermath

Aftermath Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 18, 2001
    wow, two stories in one day. I'll have to read them when I get some time... come to think of it, I'll have to free up some time. :)

5. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Wow, I'd love it if you would read Namesake! Thanks!

6. Wrench-of_the-Monkey

Wrench-of_the-Monkey Jedi Youngling

Jan 11, 2002
    Just a few questions. :D

1. You wouldn't happen to be interested in Ancient SW Fiction (say around a millenia before TPM)?

2. Do you like a lot of EU influence or no-no or maybe so-so?

I'm only asking because I've got a story (four chapters through) that I posted a while back under a different name. Thing is, I think I posted too much in the first post and discouraged a lot of perusers.

I might re-post it in a while. Only if I can garner some interest. :)

7. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    Well it's not Far Future, but I've got a story set 80 years after RotJ (aside from the 1-post prologue). Luke is the only surviving OT character. It's short- only runs to two pages.

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1394938]All Our Scattered Leaves[/link]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.