main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends "Gah!" - (Qui/Obi, AU) - *Snippet 3, 29/05/06*

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Princess_Arulmozhi, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Title: "Gah!"
    Author: Princess_Arulmozhi
    Timeframe: Pre-JA. AU, possibly.
    Characters: O and Q, Q and O...
    Genre: Mush
    Keywords: Gah
    Summary: Two Jedi meet each other.
    Notes: Merely another urge to write about Obi And Qui.

EDIT: I should have issued a warning that this is just a snippet, but...ah, well. :D

?So.? Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn folded his arms over his chest, cloak falling gracefully from his shoulders.

In front of him stood Obi-Wan, staring down at inter-laced fingers, brows furrowed.

?You won?t give me leave, then?? asked the Master, bending slightly. The breeze whipped around his robes where they stood in a hangar; his shuttle was in readiness, and all it required was his farewell to Kenobi.

If Kenobi would acknowledge this farewell, that is.

?Come now,? murmured the tall, dignified master, now looking anything but dignified as his chestnut tresses wove themselves in a tangle, trying to escape from the ties that bound them. ?Don?t make this any more complicated than it already is, young one.?

Obi-Wan looked up at him from his remarkably small height, large, blue eyes widened with pleading. ?Wan? to come too,? he mumbled, in a small voice. ?Wan? to come to nego-neg-neggitait wit? peepul,? he looked triumphantly at the master, aware that he had manoeuvred his way around very difficult words.

Qui-Gon?s lips twitched. ?I?m sure you do,? He murmured. ?But I may have to do a lot more than that,? he explained, remembering his last mission which had entailed mediations quarrels, disputes, large blasters and a near impossible light-sabre duel that had almost cost him three fingers, large quantities of his hair, and one leg. ?And you aren?t trained enough to do all that.?

Three standard years he might be, but Obi-Wan knew even then, that tantrums and temper displays won no approval from anyone, especially tall, large, Jedi maters who went on Impporunt Negitaitons. He had once heard that Masser Kai-Gone had almos? had Is Nosss kut off.

That, of course, only raised Qui-Gon in his esteem, and he was now determined to depart on a mission with Masser Kai-Gone, and try to have his own Nosss kut off, if he could.

But Masser Kai-Gone was being very?very?Obi-Wan twisted his small fingers, trying desperately to come up with a word that could describe Qui-Gon?s remarkable obstinacy in refusing to take him along.

?Will you give me leave, Obi-Wan??

?Gah!? Obi-Wan blurted suddenly, having hit upon the very word he had hoped for. But Qui-Gon did not look as though?Obi-Wan clapped his small fingers to his mouth, flushing a furious red. He had heard Qui-Gon use this very word once; wasn?t it a good word, then?

?What did you say?? Qui-Gon?s face lost its patience, and he now looked stern. Obi-Wan had the sudden feeling that those he were going to negotiate with wouldn?t find him a very easy person to deal with.

Maybe ?Gah? was a word to be used in a different situation.

?Sowwy,? Obi-Wan murmured, clasping his hands behind his back automatically in a pose trained into all little initiates, thrusting out his lower lip. ?Me not think,? he gabbled, anxious not to have this tall, kind master walk away in a huff. What if he never saw Qui-Gon again?

?Never, ever, speak without thinking,? Qui-Gon waggled a finger in front of the child. ?You want to become a great Jedi, don?t you??

Obi-Wan nodded, short curls bobbing about his little face. The evening sunlight caught the gleaming curls, throwing large, blue-green eyes into sharp relief.

?Well then,? Qui-Gon paused, trying to speak in a way that would make sense to the child. He could argue and debate for hours between two royal clans ready to fly at each other?s throats, and bring about peace, but he couldn?t think of the right words that might settle in a three year old?s mind? ?You must obey your Crèche Master, child, and learn as much as you can,? he instructed.

Obi-Wan nodded furiously, face turning pink with his exertions. He look

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was adorable. Poor Qui-Gon, he doesn't know what he is getting into with a three year old padawan. Gah, indeed.

Great job.

3. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I've resorted to "GAH!" more than once myself as the parent! Bravo! =D= [face_laugh]

4. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    Gah! And we get to learn more "mush" as well!

[face_laugh] Great job. I love Qui and little Obi!

5. Knight_DLockens

Knight_DLockens Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2005
    Oh that was great!! [face_laugh] Poor Qui doesn't know what's in store for him!

Lovely mush there! :D

6. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Awww!! [face_love] This fic made my day! :D

I absolutely L[face_love]VE little Obi stories. And this one was sooooooo cuuuuuuute!

Thanks for sharing! :D

7. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwwwww...that was the most adorable Qui/Obi viggie I've ever read.

I can just picture a little 3 year old Obi-Wan...

Too cute!!

Bravo!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

8. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    "Merely another urge to write about Obi And Qui."

You have the most wonderful urges... :)

This was really cute...[:D]

But, I personally know another young one who, before the age of two, was saying with complete clarity words like: jacket, sausage, pickle, cheese, cracker, and my favorite, "delicious".

It seems a certain mother liked to talk to her young one, and simply took the time to tell her the names of the things around her, and in the books they liked to read together.

By the time this young one was three, she possessed an incredible vocabulary, and was talking in long complicated paragraphs!

And, this young one has become an incredible writer at a very early age!

Hmmmmm.. Wonder who this young one might be? ;)

9. Katieelessar

Katieelessar Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2005
    Awwwww, That was too too too sweet![face_love] Awww, bravo, Princess. Gah, gah indeed.=P~
    Brilliant
    Kind Regards,
    K.Elessar
    =D= =D= =D=

10. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Hey, "Gah!" works. Gah can say a lot. [face_laugh]

I was grinning like an idiot the entire time I was reading this. Very cute!

11. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    The "Gah!" is truly comical!! I had a good laugh at this lil ficlet! Great job Princess!

I like your lil Obi! He's so adorable!

12. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    That was too cute. [face_blush] I love how you write little kids. The misspellings are perfect, and Obi's pronunciations are adorable. [face_love] Great job, of course.

13. Black_Scout

Black_Scout Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2003
    That's is so cute! [face_love] Obi Wan is so lovely.

14. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Princess_A that was so cute!!! I"ve said "Gah!" Many a time when frustrated with my kids at work :p It's a nice word :D

Wonderful wonderful mush!

15. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    P_A, this was adorable! [face_love] Love your little Obi-Wan to death (I want one to hug and squeeze to my heart's content! :p) And "Gah!" was just wonderful. I've thrown up my hands in disgust while uttering that phrase when arguing with my brother (I'm much too young to be a mother, if you ask me...) and I think it fits the situation perfectly.

Bravo, P_A! =D=

Stormqueen

16. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

That was a lovely little story made me laugh.=D=

17. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    The many nuances of "Gah!" [face_laugh]

Wonder if that would be enough of an explanation for the Council as to how Qui-Gon ended up with a three-year-old apprentice? :p

18. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005

Awwww, this was too cute! [face_love] 8-}

So sweet, little Obi trying to act all grown up and then trying to please Qui and then and then....

*melts into mush*

This was wonderful! The little kid speak was just adorable.

A little incident involving the word 'Gah!' leading to so much more. :p

Loved it! =D= [face_love]

19. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    That, of course, only raised Qui-Gon in his esteem, and he was now determined to depart on a mission with Masser Kai-Gone, and try to have his own Nosss kut off, if he could.

[face_laugh] I loved that, it was so adorable! [face_love] And hey, even when he says "Gah!" Obi-Wan is still more coherent than many other three-year-olds. :p

20. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Briliantly sweet PA! I wouldn't mind you continuing this lovely AU right on up to Obi-Wan's knighting!!

21. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    What Leona said! =D=

22. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Me want mush more mush

this is too cute

23. TheLurker

TheLurker Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2005
    aww, that was so cute!

24. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    "Gah!" is right!

But my oh my Master, you have done it again!

This was a wonderful pretty light hearted peice that I simply adore!

The style is wonderful, even if little Obi's language is a little .... little?

~shakes self~

Obviously, I need to pay more attention in English...

At anyrate Master, I think this was perfect!

The interactions, the "gah"-ing and even the references to a certain medling troll. It was all spectacular!

Wonderous Work Master!
    Seven

25. Musing

Musing Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 31, 2003
    If you do write a follow-up to this adorable vignette, P_Z, I've got the perfect title for it: "I Gah Mush Moe." 8-}

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.