main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Galactic Conquest: Empires among the Stars

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by JansonYellowAces, Mar 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JansonYellowAces

JansonYellowAces Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    Foreward:

First off, a big thank you to NabooPrincess, once I found that the RPF had a new Moderator I sent her a PM, and she closed the old thread in five minutes.

Second, welcome back everyone, veterans, or newbies alike. Hopefully Galactic Conquest will be even more exciting then the previous two installments of Space Battles.

Without further adieu,

Galactic Conquest.

[u][b]The Purpose of this Thread:[/u][/b]

The purpose of the thread is much less the past games. In fact the only purpose this thread has is a place to hold player-player interactions. Colonizing, and Conquering are the only actions that this thread will be consistently used for.

All other actions will be done via PM. Including, but not limited to:

-Daily Updates.
    -Player Construction/Research Queues.

[hr]

The following information is needed for the formation of Unique Statistics for each of the Species.

[u][b]Character Sheet[/u]:

Fleet Information: [/b]
    [i]---Fleet Species:
    ---Fleet Homeworld (Species Homeworld):
    ---Leader:
    ------Sex:
    ------Appearance:
    ------Short Bio:[/i]

[b]Flagship:[/b]
    [i]---Class:
    ---Name:
    ---Captain:
    ---Fighter Squadrons:
    -------(List Amount, and Names)[/i]

[b]Other Fleet Ships: (Use as many as needed)[/b]
    [i]---Class:
    ---Name:
    ---Captain:
    ---Fighter Squadrons:
    -------(List Amount, and Names)[/i]

[hr]

[u][b]The Game:[/u]

Galactic Conquest[/b] is the result of hard work from myself, and many others. Through months of testing, I have decided the game is ready for the spotlight.

[b]Galactic Conquest[/b] is a descendant of [b]Space Battles[/b], and remains much like the game with some major changes. However minor or major the changes are, I hope they improve the game beyond what anyone playing the first [b]Space Battles[/b] ever imagined.

[b]Galactic Conquest[/b] will be using the [link=http://www.galacticempiredatabank.com/]Galactic Empire Databank[/link] for any question on ship statistics.

The logic, and rules of this game may look very intimidating; it is in fact far simpler then it appears. The basic idea remains, the longer you are successful within the game, the bigger your fleet will become.

You might ask how your fleet will grow.

[hr]

[u][b]Major Game Dynamics:[/b][/u]

[b]Resource Points:[/b]

The answer is simple. You start with 50 [i]Resource Points[/i], and each of your ships have a different [i]Resource Points[/i] value ranging from 1 SP ? 55 SP, the bigger the ship, more likely it will cost more [i]Resource Points[/i].

See the complete list of [i]Ship Prices[/i] on a following post.

It?s completely up to the player on how you spend your 40 [i]Resource Points[/i], but now you ask how to gain points?

There are a few ways gain [i]Resource Points[/i], lets start with the most basic one:

You can gain [i]Resource Points[/i] by simply destroying opposing captains ships, and salvaging the remains. Every Capital Ship has a [i]Salvage Value[/i], which represents the number of [i]Resource Point[/i] you can salvage off a destroyed ship. This [i]Salvage Value[/i] is much like a ship?s [i]Resource Value[/i], and near the bottom of this post you will find a list of ship [i]Salvage Values[/i].

The second way to gain [i]Resource Points[/i] takes a little more patience:

You can also gain [i]Resource Points[/i] by keeping your home system free of enemies, and concentrating on production. Production can be increased by the creation of mining facilities inside the home system. Everyday a system is held will earn you 3 [i]Resource Points[/i]. Additionally all ships in the home system are repaired, the length of time the repairs take is dependant on how extensive the damage is.

Mining facilities carry a creation fee of 25 SP, and as the mines grow more advanced along the [i]Technology Tree[/i] they will increase your former level of production by 2.0x. It is only possible to create one of each type of mine. When you have finished the [i]Resource Technology Tree[/i], your produc

2. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Finally! :D

Will we have the ship costs up soon? I want to start planning my fleet. :)

--Adm. Nick

3. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Hmm....I'd like to join but I'm more interested in the ground warfare aspect of the game. Still I'll need help getting into the game too such as understanding how its played.

4. Commissar_Cromwell

Commissar_Cromwell Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2004
    hey JYA what about me? I thought I had the wookies....

Cromwell

5. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Janson:

Will we be doing our own daily updates again and PMing them to you?

My persoanl opnion is that we should. Of course it will have to be done on the honor system, but I have a feeling that the people who play in this game are honest, nice people. :)

The reason we should do our own daily updates is so that you and the other Mods can focus on what we want most- IC updates! :)

BTW, will you be posting the Ship cost list today. I would like to start planning my fleet.

Thanks, Adm. Nick

6. The_Dark_Overlord

The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Sign me up.. for.. um.. well, humans? empire?.. (to lazy to read through it all now, I'll do it later :p)

7. JediSolo13

JediSolo13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2004
    I'll join. Can't wait till the ships list is up and then we can get this party going!lol

8. Ton_G

Ton_G Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    New Folk, you must choose a race, as in species then I can make ships for your race.

9. drops_of_jupiter

drops_of_jupiter Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2002
    Yeah, I'm thinking of joining but am still a little bit hazy on how.

The first step is to pick a planet and a race right? Are than any restrictions (eg. does it have to be a planet from the star wars universe, or is there a list)?

This seems really interesting. A little complex, but interesting...

10. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    Yes, must be from Star Wars. Join! It is your destiny!

11. Saber_Leader

Saber_Leader Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Sounds good; can't wait to get started again! :)

12. JansonYellowAces

JansonYellowAces Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 28, 2002
    Wonders of the Galaxy:

The Datacores at Obroa-Skai

Research Wonder:

The People of Obroa-Skai have created a huge repository of information from every corner of the galaxy, but its location and access methods are not given freely. Much of the information on Obroa-Skai is held in the giant datacores. The Empire in control of these Datacores will obviously quickly learn anything known by other nations.

After the completion of the Datacores the civilization who controls the wonder will automatically gain any technology researched by two or more other civilizations, past, and future.

Galactic Senate Rotunda at Coruscant

This was the squat, round building used to house the Galactic Senate, during the last millennium of the Old Republic. Large enough to hold 1,024 delegates, their entourages, and living quarters for Senators and their assistants, the Rotunda plunged deep into the cityscape of Coruscant. Each Senator had a repulsor-equipped dais that allowed them to approach the Supreme Chancellor from their own offices. The Chancellor, as befitting his position, presided over the Senate from a tall spire located in the exact center of the Rotunda.

After the completion of the Senate Rotunda the civilization that controls the wonder will be nearly immune to attack. If any fellow civilization dares attack the civilization that controls the Senate Rotunda they will be guaranteed the full assistance of the USSE.

Imperial Military Academy at Carida

Originally founded as a way to shore up the Republic's military after a major battle was over, the Academy evolved as the Republic's own stance on the defense of individual planets changed. The Academy was responsible for the education of the best Planetary Security Forces officers during the last decades of the Old Republic, supplying many planets with security and military officers when the Republic could not fleets or forces to protect a planet. After Emperor Palpatine instituted the New Order, the Academy of Carida was turned into an Imperial Academy.

After the completion of the Imperial Military Academy the civilization that controls the wonder will cut the Upkeep on the owner civilization by a quarter.

Kuat Drive Yards at Kuat

Kuat Drive Yards remained independent from any governmental body, from the time of its inception during the Old Republic throughout the New Order of Emperor Palpatine. It is perhaps most famous for its production of the Imperial-class Star Destroyer. It also produced many shipboard components, as well as the Nebulon-B frigate.

After the completion of Kuat Drive Yards the civilization that controls the wonder is given the maximum amount of shipyards built in every system it controls at no cost.

Spice Mines at Kessel

Spice-mining operations were established on the planet Kessel. Over the decades, many beings and agencies have claimed ownership of the mines, and during the entire reign of Emperor Palpatine the mines were worked by slave labor. Working in the mines was dangerous, since it had to be done in complete darkness in order to ensure good quality spice harvests. This, coupled with the harsh living conditions and dangerous creatures found in the mines, made being sent to the Spice Mines of Kessel one of the worst punishments a being could receive.

After the completion of Spice Mines the planet that controls the wonder is given a bonus of 2x the normal Resource Points made per day.

Calamarian Knowledge Banks at Mon Calamari

A group of giant bivalve shell creatures, which inhabit the Calamari oceans, they are in effect giant brains capable of storing incredible amounts of information. They listen to the daily life of the creatures around them - accumulated from a network of small, non-sentient creatures that mindlessly collect data from the Mon Cals and the Quarren - and store the data for later use.

After the completion of Calamarian Knowledge Banks the civilization that controls the w

13. 7-7-7

7-7-7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 15, 2002
    I played it the precurser to the original Galactic Conquest (This concept sure has come a long way!) I've read through the opening post, and I'm still a little fuzzy on some areas, but being a Civilization nut, I'd like to try my hand as the Ssi-Ruuk.

Off to play CivIII...

14. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    Ssi-Ruuk... Okay... more ships for me to make. Oh well it is fun.

15. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    Okay.. I have two races that need to be claimed:

The Hutts and the Smugglers (Myrkr).

Of course I am willing to make ships for any race, so I you intend on playing please post your race. The Taken races are....

Hapan ? Kev-Mas Colcha
    Chiss ? SuperVader
    Mon Calamari ? Long Live The Rebels
    Corellian ? Saber Leader
    Kuati ? Admiral Nick
    Omwati ? Ton G
    Bothan ? Admiral Patrick
    Bilbringian ? New York Jedi
    Chandrillan ? Darth Seti
    Vuvrian ? Dak-Konzerth
    Falleen ? Octavulg
    Kel?Dor ? Admiral Palpatine
    Ssi-Ruuvi- Taken By....

16. Nomikos

Nomikos Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2004
    oooh smugglers! sure why not, seems a little complicated though. Or what about the Sith? they could have big armies of massasi and mutated darkside beasts. that'd be great.

17. The_Dark_Overlord

The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Sign me up for Humans on Coruscant. Coruscant..ians?

18. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    Actually, I belive Coruscant is Neutral. However I can offer...

Humans: Commenor or Anaxes or Fondor
    Sluisi: Sluis Van
    Verpine: Roche Asteroids
    Duros: Duro

19. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
    Thread looks good, everybody. I can't wait to start GMing for you.

Looks good Janson!

20. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    There you are.... Btterik I'll PM you the Current Ship List. Just for you to look at.

21. Nomikos

Mar 25, 2004
    so could i play as the smugglers you mentioned? ooh, mykr home of the vonsksr, ysmarli and um...borsh.

22. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    Yes, you may indeed!

23. Nomikos

Mar 25, 2004
    Hurray! thousands of specially modified ships full of tasty cargo! all at my command! so then does this thing get started. i demand ships!

24. Saber_Leader

Saber_Leader Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Can't wait to get started. I'm interested to see what kind of ships us Corellians get.

25. Ton_G

Aug 15, 2002
    Are you ready to see them? 'Cuase you just won one Correlian Fleet! Check your PM's for more information!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.