main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Galactic Empire (IBOP)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by GrandAdmiralJello , Oct 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue_10

Blue_10 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2001
    Garqi, Outer Rim Territories

Celebration. For over an hour, the crews on the Emperor's Benediction were in pure jubilation as were the other crews aboard the rest of the Imperial ships, undoubtably slapping each other's backs, giving and returning salutes, and letting various illegal ales flow freely from their bottles which mysteriously appeared among the officers in front of Marius. Let them have their fun. he thought. If there was ever a moment for rejoicing it is now.

Choosing to become a bit more aloof after a time, Marius withdrew to his breifing room, leaving his half drunk number one in charge of 'enforcing the state of merriment'. On his desk, Marius's datapad light blinked with a new message. There was no encryption or security clearence marked on it but the label did read TOP PRIORITY. Strange he thought, touching the screen and allowing the text to flow infront of his eyes.

Attention to all Starfleet Command that the Vong, the xenos invaders, are moving into the Coruscant System at this time and all captains are to be on full alert should the need to bring in additional fleet resources become apparent. This engagement will most likely prove to be the most critical in all of the long history of our galaxy.

Force be with us all,

Galactic Emperor Iaius I

The Commodore's jaw dropped. The idea that the great capital should be beseiged was something that was all but incomprehensible to most sentient creatures of this galaxy. Straightening his uniform and putting his officer's cap back in its proper place, Marius entered the bridge in the middle of a loud heart-felt chorus of 'Because Our Emperor Loves Us'. "Everyone quiet!" he shouted dissullusioning them of any such notion of lightheartedness. "Quiet down!"

Immediately, the bridge grew silent and all eyes fell upon Commodore Ardan, the men and women no longer expecting a rousing speech of congrajulations telling of great deeds and heroism and duty and honor but somberly awaiting the last dregs of their merry air to be drained away. "My brothers and sisters," he started, "I call you such because you have truly earned such a place in my heart through your actions today. I'm afraid I have some bad news. Coruscant has been targeted by the Xenos and they will shortly be under attack if they are not already. I know that what we have just accomplished was no easy task and I can not promise the same overwhelming victory we have seen at Coruscant but I fully intend to go to the Capital's aid... alone if I must."

"Commodore, if anything can turn the tide of battle at Coruscant, it'll be the Emperor's Benediction so long as she's under your command." replied a junior officer followed by a chorus of approval.

"Thank you Wesley but I fear that the enemy knows just how important Coruscant is and will send more than a few cruiser sized vessels this time." Marius continued. "To make things clear to everyone, we have not been ordered to Coruscant, merely assigned to full alert. It is my opinion that if we wait to be called in, we'll already be too late to make a difference in the fight and so I will be going immediately. If anyone objects, it will be duely noted in my log."

Fully understanding the reality of what was going to come, no one spoke but each had a look of resolute determination. "Good," Marius grinned. "Inform the other vessels of our decision. Set course for Coruscant and for Duty and Honor, engage hyperdrive!"

TAG: LSA

2. DemonPrincess

DemonPrincess Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2004
    Kiera Callaghan Jello
    Imperial Palace, Coruscant

Kiera and Iaius? normally well-behaved children had turned into tiny menaces under the stress of the urgent move from the Palace. Tybalt was poking Arya with one of his toys, while Arya screeched at him to stop, which made the baby cry. Kiera had long ago given up on trying to subdue them, and simply focused on packing. So it was with a great deal of embarrassment that she turned to face their unexpected visitor.

?Hello, Lucrecia! Please forgive the disarray?we are all a little bit upset at times like these, as you can see.?

Amazingly, the kindly woman?s presence distracted the children from their antics for a moment, and Arya and Ty rushed to their favorite Aunt Lucrecia as Kiera closed the lid on a final suitcase.

3. LightSide_Apprentice

LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 22, 2001
    CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Thok

Holographic Communication

There were certain privileges available to the members of the Inquisitorious that no other members of the Empire, or even those elsewhere within the sercretive branch of Intelligence, could claim as their own. Jean, as Grand Inquisitor, held one of the highest of those very privileges. He possessed access to a personal communications link with the Director herself, still in exile though she was.

His holocomm lit up with the insignia of the Galactic Empire, a fiery red-orange, wreathed in a glowing gold-yellow inferno. Minutes passed. Silence came, and endured. There was no response from Isard. It was not the first time Jean had not been able to contact her directly, though it was the first time there was no response from an aide, or a message from Isard herself.

Blue_10, GrandAdmiralJello

Coruscant, Core Worlds

Scores of Yuuzhan Vong warships arrived within the system with each minute that passed. Their numbers eclipsed anything the citizens of the galaxy's jewel had ever seen or dared imagine. So vast and great were their numbers, the invaders appeared as widespread as stars in deep space. Only they were not bright, or awe inspiring. The warships brought fear and terror to all who set eyes upon them.

As it were the Emperor knew his duty was to allay those very fears. With the utter aid and support of his loyal servants throughout the Empire, and particularly ISB, he offered a brief public address to the citizens of Coruscant.

The Palace had long since been locked down, the Guards were on full alert, and martial law was declared. All shields were activated over the planet and key buildings, and all traffic was ordered to cease on the planet and in orbit. The military took full use of the holonet. Hyperspace mines were activated in orbit and all Starfleet vessels in the galaxy were put on alert.

Hundreds of vessels that had been in- and outbound were left stranded, and it was open season for civilians. The Yuuzhan Vong set to the destruction of all such targets as a warm-up exercise. They fired devastating waves of plasma and relished in the glory of the upcoming battle against the Empire's finest.

By the time Commodore Marius Ardan arrived, the entire system seemed to be subject to battle. What had been a loose Yuuzhan Vong blockade was spread in engagement with the Coruscant Defence Fleet. As impossible as it seemed, the alien forces far exceeded those of the Empire, the Yuuzhan Vong holding more than their own as they took control of the battlefield.

NaboosPrincess

She had just come past a series of aides and security officers rushing about to enforce safety of those within the Palace while it was locken down, when she thought she caught sight of a familiar face. Lucrecia frowned as the figure disappeared into the crowd of Praetorian Guards and set her mind back to her reason for entering the Palace to begin with.

As she hurried through to Kiera's quarters, granted access by the Guard outside, all thoughts of her duty left her. And her heart sank. Kiera and Iaius? normally well-behaved children had turned into tiny menaces under the stress of the urgent move from the Palace. Tybalt was poking Arya with one of his toys, while Arya screeched at him to stop, which made the baby cry.

Kiera had seemingly given up on trying to subdue them, and simply focused on packing. So it was with a great deal of embarrassment that she turned to face their unexpected visitor. "Hello, Lucrecia! Please forgive the disarray ... we are all a little bit upset at times like these, as you can see."

Amazingly, the kindly woman's presence distracted the children from their antics for a moment, and Arya and Ty rushed to their favorite Aunt Lucrecia as Kiera closed the lid on a final suitcase.

Lucrecia forced a smile as she met Kiera's gaze, trying but failing to put the Yuuzhan Vong blockade out from her mind. "I'm gla

4. DemonPrincess

Oct 5, 2004
    Kiera Callaghan Jello

Kiera smiled as she watched her children enveloped in a warm hug. She couldn't hear what Lucrecia said to them, but it worked--Arya and Ty calmed down immediately.

"We need to talk," Lucrecia said, turning back to Kiera.

"Of course." Kiera left the children to play while she led Lucrecia just outside the door to the hallway. "What's on your mind?"

5. LightSide_Apprentice

May 22, 2001
    AngelPrincess

Lucrecia glanced up and down the empty hallway. She could barely hear the children talking quietly amongst themselves. Now that an opportunity to reveal her discovery presented itself, Lucrecia was not too sure how to explain what it was that she had learned.

She could not begin to imagine what the scale or effect, following publication or broadcast, of the release of such information could mean. There was certainly no doubt as to its significance. It was the very effect of that same knowledge that had her in complete awe. Communication of it throughout open channels had the potnetial to change the course of the future.

While she had every confidence in the accuracy of her findings, the sheer correlation seemed too close a fit to be reasonable given even the greatest of assumptions. And yet, there was no doubt.

As she began to reveal her discovery to the Empress, speaking in a rush due to her excitement, she could not help but feel hope brighten within her. While it had always been there, a dim flickering of light at times, it was all the brigther now. Perhaps that was why she was filled with such determination to share her findings, not only to her best friend, but to the very beings responsible for its coming to light.

"Their homeworld," she concluded, "is right within our galaxy." She paused then, her gaze set on Kiera's expression. There was no telling how the Empress would react.

6. Blue_10

Oct 13, 2001
    Coruscant, Core Worlds

"Palpatine's Teeth!" gasped someone.

Truly this was a grand seige if ever one had been made. Innumerable Vong craft hurled themselves at the Empire's fleet like a plague of locusts, the shining planet below for the victors. Marius had already put all hands on alert. Shields were up, guns and ordnance launchers were primed and loaded, and pilots ready to launch at a moment's notice. And yet for all the preparation backed up by the recent victory at Garqi, Marius felt small and insignificant against these odds. It didn't look like ten Star Destroyers could change the tide here let alone one additional vessel however strong it may seem in and of itself. Get a grip! Marius told himself. Fight these Nerf-Suckers. You're an Imperial Officer, Sith damn you!

"Have fighters form a defensive screen." he ordered "Blast the living Force out of anything that gets in range and put me online with fleet command."

"Squadrons launched." replied Wesley, "The line is yours, Commodore"

"This is Imperial Star Destroyer Emperor's Benediction to the Coruscant Defence Fleet, we are battle ready and awaiting the Emperor's command."

Tag: LSA, GrandAdmiralJello

7. DemonPrincess

Oct 5, 2004
    OOC: Here is a short little combine between the lovely NaboosPrincess and the wonderful LightSide-Apprentice!

[b]Empress Kiera Callaghan Jello[/b], [b]Crown Prince Tybalt Napoleon Jello[/b], [b]Princess Arya Padme Jello[/b], [b]Princess Julyet Estella Jello[/b], [b]Lady Lucrecia Giovanni Duflin[/b]

The Empress listened attentively as Lucrecia explained her newest discovery. [i]""Their homeworld,"[/i] her friend concluded, [i]"is right within our galaxy."[/i]

Kiera nearly asked if she was sure, but that would be a silly question to ask such a levelheaded woman. Of course she was sure, or she would not have brought it up.

"Lucrecia, this is an incredible discovery! We are all indebted to you. But....I fear it may be too late," Kiera said sadly, glancing out the viewport to a panicked Imperial Center. "I hardly know what to do with such news, though I thank you just the same."

Lucrecia could offer only a sad nod of understanding, though not one of acceptance. "There is always hope, Kiera. You helped show me that." She forced a smile and stepped forward. "We may not be able to save Coruscant, but we can work to resist against its fall. I know you cannot leave the galaxy to be torn apart by war and chaos, not while even the faintest flicker of hope remains."

"Certainly not, but Iaius and I have discussed this, and we feel we need to get the children to safety first. It makes little difference [i]where[/i] the enemy comes from--they are here now, and I'm sure you can tell that time is running out."

"Then I will help you evacuate," came Lucrecia's firm reply. She knew Kiera was right, the children had to be brought to safety. Lucrecia only hoped that her friend realised no place would be safe if the Yuuzhan Vong were not brought to negotiate peace. She did not consider their utter destruction a present possibility given her recent discovery, not to mention the aliens' overwhelming strength and number, thus her desire to seek alternative means of an end to the war. "What can I do?"

"I am taking the children to one of Iaius' ships," Kiera explained. "We are packed up and ready--well, as ready as we'll ever be-- but I can't ask you to help, Lucrecia. You and Randal must have business of your own to attend to."

"There's nothing more important to me than the safety of the children," Lucrecia assured. "Randal is probably up there working to fight off the Yuuzhan Vong, trying to protect us, just as I am sure Iaius is. I haven't heard from him since news of the blockade around Coruscant." She forced the thought out of her mind, seeking strength from within herself. "Now, let's find a transport."

Kiera was secretly grateful to have her friend's help, though she felt terribly guilty about accepting it. She could have enlisted any number of palace personnel, but it was infinitely more comforting to have a close friend than an impersonal assistant.

She enlisted a droid to send the luggage over after them, and put Lucrecia in charge of Tybalt, well aware of how much her son loved his "Auntie Lusha." She kept Arya and Julyet close, and the little party made their way to the ship together.

8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    OOC: Umm... Blue10, LSA, I'm waiting for PoT because I'm supposed to have finished my combine with him before going up to fight, which ought to be occuring around... now. So that explains my lack of a response. Don't move forward too far, because I'm supposed to be involved in this here battle. :p

9. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    Combine between Grand Inquisitor LeBlanc and Field Marshal Veers

Outside Bastion

A lack of a response was something that troubled Jean to no end. If she was for any reason annoyed with his current actions, she would have easily responded, for that was just how she was. But having only static return to him made his thoughts wander. Was she busy with other matters? Had she moved her location? Or was she unable to respond? The latter made the most sense to him, as another realization came to his mind. Lucifer. His presence onboard Madam Isard's ship made him wonder if her base of operations was now comprimised as well. There was only one way to find out, and that was to land. Swiveling his chair to face the Field Marshal, Jean's face showed signs of disappointment as he spoke.

"I fear there may be something even more dangerous on the surface that Madam Isard. If things were normal down below, she would have at least had one of her aide's respond to our hails. But since she has not done even that, i fear that here too, Lucifer has struck. His existance is even more harmfull to the empire than that of Madam Isard. Therefore, we must forget our prior plans untill we examine what could be causing this situation on the planet at this moment."

This is not what the Field Marshal had wanted to hear. He had been looking forward to speaking with Isard again and subconsciously began to twist his hands around the choholl cane. "Is there no other way to contact her? Can you not sense her presence on the planet like... Iaius could with mine no matter where I was on-world?" He did not know what they called that ability, but he knew it allowed the Emperor, at least, to know where he was at any given time or place on Coruscant.

Jean gave a small nod of understanding to what the field marshal spoke of. "Such powers do exist, but i am afraid they only work with those who are stronger in the force than those that surround them. Isard is not one of those people, and therefore would not normally stand out." Trying his best anyways, the Sith tried to get any sense of the situation. As his mind probed the planet, a sense of uneasyness came back to him. Opening his eyes, the sith brought his gaze back to Maxel. "However, i do feel as if something is out of place down on the planet. I am not sure as to what, but it definately feels wrong."

"We have to make contact with her," he insisted. "I don't care what it takes, Jean. If Lucifer is down there, it makes no difference whether we are up here or down there. The Empire's future is at stake and I am not going to let some traitorous agent get in the way."

"If that is what you wish to do, so be it." replied the Sith. "I will ready the ship for stealth entry. We should land at the palace within the hour." Standing up, Jean moved back into the pilots seat and began his pre reentry procedure. From the outside of the ship, space itself began to blur as the Khass-Starfighter's cloaking device powered up, and the ship dissapeared into the darkness that surrounded it. As for what lay ahead down on the planet's surface, neither of the two ships occupants had any clue as to what they would see. Turning back to Maximillian, Jean made a motion with his hand to a compartment on the side. "You are going to need some sort of protection once we land. If you feel the need, there are a few weapons in that side compartment you may use."

Veers looked through the side compartment even though he still had the Royal Guardsman's blaster pistol, but if Jean had anything better he was willing to use it. "I am surprised a Sith Lord would use anything else other than a lightsaber," he commented.

"They were never mine." said Jean. " They belonged to a former apprentice of mine. I do not believe he would mind if you used them in this situation."

He selected a long rifle and muttered something about wishing he had an army of stormtroopers and AT-ATs instead. When Jean mentioned his apprentice, Veers wondered why the man was not with him now. "

10. DarkSide_Apprentice

DarkSide_Apprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2001

Imperial Palace, Planetary Surface, Bastion

Jean had been in service to the Empire for many years, his most recent in those of the Director and Intelligence. He had grown to understand Ysanne Isard, and to sense her unique presence. As he led Field Marshal Veers through the secret passages of the Palace, he felt no sign or indication of the woman he came to know as the Spider.

They walked through silent and empty passages until they finally came into a secluded chamber. It was a brief distance from there to the throne room, but the lack of aides or other officers and soldiers of the Empire was unsetting. Something was very wrong.

It was only as they entered the throne room that they began to realise just how wrong things were. There, slumped against the back of the throne was the figure of the Director. Only a faint glimmer of life remained within her. She was a shallow, defeated thing. She was not the unrelenting and obdurate woman Jean knew.

Her face was bruised and bloodied and her upper lip swollen. Royal Guardsmen lay motionless at her sides, fallen in their service as her protectors. Blood dripped from the walls of the chamber, and collected in dark pools beneath the bodies of the fallen.

Jean felt it all. Having grown and trained in the Sith arts, such things were not strange to him, they were not foreign. What was foreign was the odd sensation he received from the woman before him. Ysanne Isard would never surrender to death. The Sith Lord only wondered what an imposter was doing seated at the throne and heart of the Spider's Lair.

Darkness stirred, deep and powerful. Bastion was not what it once was. Order had been replaced with confusion and war. Jean could feel death and struggle all around him like a plague upon the world. In the midst of it all, he felt something long-since familiar: A faint glimmer of hope.

11. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

CmdrMitthrawnuruodo Force Ghost star 6

Jul 1, 2000
    Field Marshal Maximilian Veers & Grand Inquisitor Jean LeBlanc

Isard's Throne, Bastion

Field Marshal Veers was shocked to say the least. Never before in all his career as a soldier has he seen so much carnage in so little space. He grimaced at the impossible positions the red guards lay dead in, the pools of blood collecting around their lifeless forms almost blending in with their crimson robes. But his sole focus was on the woman upon the throne.

Quickly he limped over to her and checked for a pulse. It was faint and fading fast and he knew there was nothing that could be done for her. He was unware of the fact that she was an imposter and so assumed that Director Isard had finally perished. "With her gone, perhaps her agents will not carry out her directives?" Veers glanced over his shoulder at Jean.

He had been hoping to be the one responsible for her death and to see her lifeless on her throne seemed to have taken a part of him away. The months in her captivity had hurt him more ways than just physically. Mentally he had suffered, like all prisoners do. Among the scars that were inflicted upon him, he had grown slightly... attached to her and that gave him all the more reason to hate her.

The sith lord was speechless at the scene that appeared in the director's chambers. The blood that was spewn across the room was not what bothered him, but that this imposter, be it that she was, happened to be left alive. Isard must have known, that much was for certain. But how? That was a better question. Turning around, Jean walked back to the main doors to the room, and sealed them from the inside. Quickly, he turned about face, and made his way closer to the Imposter and the Field Marshal.

"She is still very much so alive Maxel. For the lady you see infront of you is nothing more than one of the Madam's imposters. She would never give up her own will to live as this one has already done." Reaching down to the battered woman. Jean tried as best he could to stablize her life functions with what little technique he knew. Turning back to the field marshal, Jean quickly spoke as if time was short. "Try checking the survailence cameras, see if you can find out who did this, and how long ago it was." Jean then focused his mind back to the imposter. Probing her mind, with the power of his own, he tried to grasp any knowledge the woman had about the situation. "Where has she fled to? Whom attacked you?"

She is still alive? Then there is still a chance, he thought. "I should have known," he said aloud. "The woman has more lives than a felinoid." Veers listened to the Sith Lord's instructions and nodded. He made his way through the carnage and over to a terminal. He checked to see if it was still working and while Jean questioned the imposter, he tried to gain access to the security cameras.

12. DarkSide_Apprentice

DarkSide_Apprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2001

Reaching down to the battered woman, Jean tried as best he could to stablise her life functions with what little technique he knew. Healing was not one of his better skills, but he managed to keep her alive. Despite his small success, however, Jean knew the woman would soon be beyond rescue, even by the most experienced medics and healers.

Turning back to the field marshal, Jean quickly spoke, as if time was short. "Try checking the survailence cameras, see if you can find out who did this, and how long ago it was." Jean then focused his mind back to the imposter. Probing her mind with the power of his own, he tried to grasp any knowledge the woman had about the situation. "Where has she fled to? Whom attacked you?"

"The woman has more lives than a felinoid," Veers muttered, as he learned that the dying woman was merely an imposter. He listened to the Sith Lord's instructions and nodded. He made his way through the carnage and over to a small terminal, checking its functionality.

The thing seemed to be working, so he accessed the security records. To his surprise, there was no password or ID verification prompt. It was almost too easy. Veers had little difficulty accessing a video feed of the events that had transpired over the past few hours.

He could see Ysanne Isard, the imposter, sitting on her throne as one of her agents came to deliver a report. The woman was attractive, identical to Ysanne in all but the truth of identity. Veers could not see the agent's face, as the man's back was turned to the cameras. "We must prepare your escape, Madam Director," the agent was saying.

Yet the ersatz director would have none of it. She waved the agent away with dismissal. "Let them come," she spat. "Send word to the barracks, have them surround and fill the palace with patrols."

The agent bowed low and departed, a pair of Royal Guardsmen sealing the doors in his wake. Two more such guards remained at either of the imposter's sides.

Veers watched as the woman flicked a switch on her throne, and spoke coldly. "High Inquisitor Taipan, we have a problem..." Her voice trailed off as the sound of commotion broke into the room. Veers could barely believe the sight, watching as he did the two Guards that had been stationed at the doors flung aside and slammed into opposite walls.

A darkly clad man entered the room. His head was shaven, though he possessed a black goatee. His ice-cold gaze settled on the imposter and he stalked toward her. The two remaining Guardsmen hovered forth to meet him, but they, too were cast aside like playthings. The first dropped his force pike and grasped for his throat. Veers had seen such occurances at the hand of Lord Vader. The intruder was Force-sensitive. The second Guardsman was less fortunate. His arms went straight to his stomach in a vain effort to hold his intestines together as they fell from his ruptured abdomen. There was a flash of motion as the intruder rushed for the director, his hand tight around her throat. He leaned forward to whisper something into her ear, then he let her free and left the chamber.

Jean saw the exact same series of events, from the mind of the imposter, just before she offered her final breath and passed into the Force. The intruder, the man responsible for the carnage within the palace was the very same man Jean had faced and seemingly defeated on Isard's Strike Cruiser. The man who had killed Python.

He had whispered into the woman's ear. "I know who you are," he said with distaste. "Tell them that I will destroy them ... once I tear the heart from the Empire."

13. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Field Marshal Maximilian Veers

Isard's Throne, Bastion

Maximilian Veers winced at the carnage as it played out on the terminal. Whoever this man was, was a ruthless, killing, force-user. Veers felt a familiarity with the man, like he had seen him before from somewhere and felt his presence near him once before. But he could not place where he had seen or met the man. Neither did he ever want to. A man who showed no mercy to his victims was a man he'd prefer to avoid at all costs.

"A force-user is responsible for all of this," Veers informed after finishing with the recording. The Field Marshal glanced over his shoulder at the Sith Lord and watched as the imposter finally died. "A Sith perhaps, but more than likely a Dark Jedi. I cannot tell other than that no Jedi would do this."

Veers returned his attention to the terminal. He checked the timestamp of the recording and compared it to his wristwatch. He needed to know how long ago this attack had taken place and if it had taken only a few minutes or hours ago, then the killer could still be near by. He also attempted to access security cameras throughout the entire palace, searching for anything that would prove useful in finding Isard, protecting themselves from threats around them and for such threats.

"He also had said something to the imposter, but the cameras did not catch it. You wouldn't happen to have gotten that information from her would you?" he said while searching.

TAG: Thok, LSA

14. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
    Field Marshal Maximilian Veers & Grand Inquisitor Jean LeBlanc

Isard's Throne, Bastion

The sith lord looked up from the now dead imposter with disdain. Exactly what Lucifer was to do next would not be plesant for anyone in the Empire. He stepped away from the body, and eased his right arm down towards his lightsaber, but he did not touch it.

"He said he knew who she was, and to tell them that he will destroy them, once he tears the heart out of the empire." Pondering more about exactly what was said, his mind flashed to the face of Iaius. Such an annoyance in Jean's life, yet he had served his purpose. I wonder if he will even be able to raise a finger against him, now that he is in his full form He smirked slightly, and barely held back a laugh as he looked back at the Field Marshal. "I have a feeling Iaius will be visited by this man, Lucifer. Tell me, have you heard his name spoken at all before?"

"Yes. During a debreifing meeting while I was Prince-Regent," Veers answered. "What does he mean by "them"?"

The sith paused, not knowing the answer to Maxel's question. Who was Lucifer talking about anyways? "The only thing i can think of was possibly Taipan, since the imposter was trying to contact him before she was interrupted."

"Possibly," Veers said in response. He thought about what was revealed and suppressed a shudder at the thought of Lucifer breaking into the Palace much like he did here and killing everyone in his path until he reached the Emperor. The Field Marshal wondered if this man would even spare the heirs and the Empress. I doubt it, he thought angrily.

In that moment, any plans he had to restore the Empire back to any semblance of stablity at the cost of the Emperor were cast aside for the time being. Innocents were going to be killed by a mad-man and if they did not at least warn the Emperor, those who were essential to his plans would be killed.

"We need to warn the Emperor," the Field Marshal said. "And would High Inquisitor Taipan know where Isard is hiding?"

"I have a feeling he would. And after telling him of what has transpired here" the sith lord motioned to the chaos around him, "I have a feeling he'd be willing to cooperate, even if he has higher orders than i could give him. After all, from the sounds of it, his kind would be the next on the list after Iaius."

The Sith began walking towards the Imposter, when he realized a problem with their plan. "Which one of us is going to talk to Iaius, i doubt he would believe either of us if we told him."

"He will once he sees a recording of what happened here," Veers answered. He was still searching through the security cameras. "Do you have a datachip on you by chance?"

Reaching into his pouch, the Sith Lord brought out a small data chip. Fingering it for a moment between his thumb and forefinger, he flicked it over to the Field Marshal.

Veers caught it and set the palace cameras onto PIP while the chip recorded the holorecording of what had transpired in the throne room. "I believe I may have encountered Lucifer once before," he said. "During one of my escape attempts. I felt something... malice among the men trying to recapture me. The Royal Guardsman leading them, I think."

He glanced over at Jean, "If that was him, then there is a chance Iaius can defeat him. I took him and his partner by surprise when they were escorting me back to my cell. I believe I had stabbed him with a makeshift dagger. The other one, got a overloading powerpack to the face."

Jean grunted in acknowledgement, realizing how close Veers came to his own death from lucifer. He was meerly trying to recapture him, not kill him as Lucifer was planning with Iaius. "Well, its probably best that you call him, He'd probably give you a warmer welcome than me."

The look on his face suggested that the Emperor may not be as friendly to him as Jean thought, but Veers merely nodded in acknowledgement. He pulled out the datachip and placed it into his pocket. "Do you know how to contac

15. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    OOC: Testing...

16. LightSide_Apprentice

May 22, 2001
  17. LightSide_Apprentice

May 22, 2001
    FRIENDLY REMINDER: As you may or may not be aware, my initial goal was to end the Integrated Balance of Power before the end of the year. I had hoped to end things before December, but even I knew that was an optimistic goal. Having said that, I still plan to wrap up the majority, if not the entirety, of the game's plotlines by the end of the year.

What this means for most of you is that some storylines will end at different times to others. Climactic events have already been set around Coruscant and Bastion, to name two, but there may be others with them. Please continue as you are, but know that you will not all reach a single, all-encompassing conclusion simultaneously.

Some of you may find that there will be very little in the way of a climax for your specific character(s), but rather a conclusion that leaves an opening for the future, much like a 'cliffhanger' or 'epilogue' or other such provision for a possible 'sequel'. My hope is that you will make the most of things, regardless of whether you fall into this category or one of the others.

[b]CmdrMitthrawnuruodo, Thok[/b]

[i]Imperial Palace, Planetary Surface, Bastion[/i]

[color=blue][b]Veers[/b] returned his attention to the terminal. He checked the timestamp of the recording and compared it to his wristwatch. It seemed that the carnage within the throne room had occurred not more than half an hour before he had arrived. In all liklihood the massacre had taken place while [b]Jean[/b] and he had been approaching Bastion. Their arrival and that of their enemy was almost to close to be mere coincidence.

As the field marshal began to access cameras throughout the other areas of the Palace, he noticed many more bodies slumped against walls or fallen to the cold floor. Blood stained some surfaces and on one screen [b]Veers[/b] caught a flicker of movement.

Black-clad in the style of Intelligence, a man stalked an empty corridor leading to a secluded portion of the palace. The man paused, glancing back the way he had come and then turned to proceed as he had been. He carried no weapons, but when he finally turned to look back, his face in full sight of the security camera [b]Veers'[/b] heart leapt. It was the very same man that brought him to witness his son's execution at the hand's of an officer of Intelligence.

Raum could feel the darkness falling upon Bastion like a blanket of death. The entire world was ripe for the taking. His instructions were to ensure the world fell in his master's absence. There was no doubt in his mind that he would succeed, and, perhaps, prove himself worthy of greater attention and rank than even Focalor. He smiled coldly. He would finish his work quickly.

[b]Jean[/b] moved to the throne and looked at the communication panel. It seemed simple enough. He used the device to try to make contact with Taipan, but there was no immediate response. Seconds stretched out and [b]Jean[/b] felt that time was of the essence.

The comm flashed green and a raspy voice came through. "Yes?" the speaker said.[/color]

18. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Empress Kiera Callaghan Jello, Crown Prince Tybalt Napoleon Jello, Princess Arya Padme Jello, Princess Julyet Estella Jello, Lady Lucrecia Giovanni Duflin

The Empress breathed a sigh of relief as she, Lucrecia, and the children settled safely in the ship. Though she felt guilty at the thought of leaving Coruscant, her motherly instinct won out. She smiled in thanks to Lucreica as her friend read the children a bedtime story. She is such a kindhearted soul, Kiera thought. Randal was lucky-- no, they were all lucky-- to have her in their lives.

When Lucrecia had finished reading and the children were drifting off to sleep, Kiera spoke quitely. "We're in hyperspace now, en route to the destination. I hope you're sure about this, Lucrecia!"

With that, the ladies left the room to leave Arya, Ty, and Julyet to their dreams. It was time for tea...or maybe hot chocolate. After all, it had been a stressful day.

TAG: No one yet, unless LSA would like to jump in.

19. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000

Isard's Throne, Bastion

Maximilian Veers hissed at recognizing one of the two men who had murdered his only son. Because of this man, his family name would end with him. The Imperial Supreme Commander clenched his hands tightly together as he glowered at the holoscreen of the black-clad agent, watching as he stalked an empty corridor leading to a secluded portion of the palace. He glanced over his shoulder at Jean and saw him busy with the comm device on the chair before returning his gaze back to the video feed.

Quickly he brought up a layout of the floor the agent was on and committed it to memory. He made note of the holocameras on that floor so he could check the agent's progress on other terminals if necessary. He watched Raum for a few more seconds before glancing once more at Jean. Veers knew the Sith Lord would not approve of what he was considering and probably would not allow him to go and kill the man. But the Field Marshal knew he had to do this. To at least get some semblance of justice for his son.

He checked one more time before quietly making his way out of the throne room. By the time Jean looked up at the sound of the doors hissing closed, Veers would already be long gone down the corridor after the Intelligence agent.

TAG: Thok, LSA

20. LightSide_Apprentice

May 22, 2001
    NaboosPrincess

Hyperspace

They spoke of Coruscant, of the invasion of the Yuuzhan Vong, and, of the safety of the children. Lucrecia enjoyed spending time with Kiera, whether it was over hot tea and fresh pastries, or watching the children's smiles as they were told stories before bedtime. She was only sad that her time with Kiera and the children was spent not in joy and relaxation, but fear and hiding.

Lucrecia suspected that they must have been in hyperspace for many hours now. They were fortunate to have had escaped unnoticed as they did. Lucrecia suspected that Iaius and Randal had a big hand in that, and was grateful for their silent support. She refocused her attention to the present and their destination.

There was no need to use the major hyperspace lanes and risk interdiction. And yet Lucrecia remained uneasy despite assurances to their relative safety. She did not know the precise location they were headed to, except that it was deep within the Unknown Regions. Her only comfort in their destination was in her trust of their pilot, a long-time servant and protector of the Royal Family.

She thought she heard sounds coming from within the cockpit, but dismissed the notion as simple anxiety. There were only three of them on the ship, and the kids, of course. Lucrecia forced a smile. "I'm sure it isn't too much further," she said to Kiera, as much to reassure the Empress as herself. "We should get some rest before we arrive."

Lucrecia stood slowly and took the cups from the small table. It did not take long to clean up. And soon after, she was beneath sheets and dreaming of a different galaxy, one reigned and watched over by peace alone.

Veers had visited the palace at Bastion only a handful of times over the course of his life, if that. Most occassions had been equally unpleasant, however, so the sense was not entirely unfamiliar to him. He searched through its corridors in hopes of finding Raum, the man he believed was part of the group responsible for his son's death. Yet even as he searched, he knew it would be difficult to navigate through the many rooms and chambers of the palace.

The structure had been built a great many years ago, in the early fall of the Old Republic and the great Galactic Empire that replaced it. Since that time, construction had been revisited due to bombings and other such incidents that occurred as a result of turmoil within the ranks of the Empire.

As he walked through the quiet corridors, Veers was not lost to his own endangerment. He knew only too well what had happened when the last member of the High Command had visited this place. It had been Iaius I, then, and the result had been catastophic. Veers had become Prince-Regent of the Empire and the galaxy was thrown into doubt and confusion.

A flicker of movement caught his attention at the far end of the corridor, vanquishing all recollection of past events. Something slipped into an adjacent hallway. It was the familiar shape of a man clad in the colour of the night.

21. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000

Maximilian Veers raised the borrowed rifle and cautiously made his way down to the adjacent hallway. He kept his eyes open and ears perked for any sight or sound of trouble. He knew he had only caught a glimpse of the person who had slipped out sight and he was not sure whether it was the man he was after, or Lucifer. He prayed it was not Lucifer because he bloody well knew he could not hope to face that man and survive the ordeal. But the other man he knew he had a chance against, especially if he could surprise him.

Veers was a little wary of being alone in the corridors of the palace. It felt like he was a Krieger foolishly walking through the Tiermensch's territory back on his homeworld. He was on enemy grounds and he had chosen to travel through it alone rather than taking a Sith Lord with him. As much as he would have liked to turn around and go and get Jean it was too late now, he had gone too far, too quickly to turn back. Whatever happened now he would have to face and accept the consequences for his choice.

Quietly he peeked around the corner of the adjacent hallway and glanced down for any sign of the black clad man. If it was clear, he would travel down it. If it was not clear, he would assess the situation and see if he had an oppurtunity to kill the man--assuming it was the one he was after. If it turned out to be Lucifer. He was going to high-tail it back to Jean.

22. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Empress Kiera Callaghan Jello, Crown Prince Tybalt Napoleon Jello, Princess Arya Padme Jello, Princess Julyet Estella Jello, Lady Lucrecia Giovanni Duflin
    Hyperspace

"Lucrecia, we're about to exit hyperspace," Kiera called out upon her return from the cockpit. She was dressed in one of the nicer gowns they had brought from Coruscant, a regal silver and purple piece with hand-embroidered slippers. The shoes had been a gift from some talented artist on her home planet, but they were so exquisite that Kiera felt bad about wearing them. The children were likewise decked out in appropriate finery of matching colors. There was a chance that they'd remain hidden on the ship, but Kiera would rather have them overdressed for the ship than under-dressed for public, should she need to take them with her.

"Arya, please take Ty and Julyet and play for a little while. Mother needs to speak with Aunt Lucrecia," she said, sending them off with a kiss. Once the children appeared sufficiently occupied, Kiera spoke again.

"Since this little trip was your idea, my friend, I think we ought to run over the plan once more..."

23. Blue_10

Oct 13, 2001
    OOC: twiddles thumbs, wondering what the GAJ and POT are doing that's been keeping the Emperor tied up for so long.:rolleyes:

24. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    Grand Inquisitor Jean LeBlanc

Imperial Palace, Bastion

Something bothered him about the response given to the call he just placed to Taipan. If anything, the agent should have expressed more concern for the situation due to the fact his last recived message was interrupted suddenly by Lucifer's intrusion. His nonchalant additude made Jean feal uneasy, giving more thought weather or not Taipan's line was secure. Fearing the worse, The Sith Lord responded.

"What is your Current Status?"

Tag: LSA

25. CmdrMitthrawnuruodo

Jul 1, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.