main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Galaxies: General Chat, Discussion, Information plus Q&A's

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Insane Anakin, Jun 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Nub

Darth_Nub Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 26, 2009
    I used to play SWG many years ago, ditched it not long after the NGE came in (plus my work situation was changing, so didn't have the time). I just saw the announcement a little while ago about the servers being shutdown, & my old one, Valcyn, is one of those facing Armageddon.

Silly question - what's the likelihood that my old house is still there, just south of Mos Taike, next to the tall rock spires? With my character, Tuco, still inside?

We're talking over three & a half years ago, & I know people on the SOE boards used to say that characters & their possessions rarely lasted longer than a year without an active account - but I do know that SOE were notoriously lazy about tidying up all the ghost towns.

What are the odds of Tuco still being fast asleep upstairs in Minas Tuco, unaware that his galaxy is about to be sucked into non-existence? I've got absolutely no intention of re-activating the account & transferring him to another server, just wondering if I should spare a thought for him on October 15. I really do miss that game now & then.

If there's any Valcynians who could spare a few minutes in-game & check if the house is still there, I'd really appreciate it.
    It was almost directly south of Mos Taike, slightly west, over a very small hill, in a little sheltered area with two tall rock spires. The main house was called Minas Tuco, & there were two small houses I used for storage (I think I might have gotten rid of them when I was giving all my stuff away).

2. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    Normally MMO companies don't delete toons and houses. I'd actually be surprised if it's not there.

3. JYCowboy1966

JYCowboy1966 Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2007
    The accounts on the "Transfer from" servers will not be deleted. They will be stored in a database for a time. For the normal fees, characters still on those servers can be transfered to one of the 13 serviving "destination" servers after Oct. 15. Before that date, they should have the Free CTS avaible.

SWG has had 2 House Pack-up events in the past. Both were based on account activity in a given period. If the structures owners were un-subbed then the structures were flagged for "Pack-up" and players had the option to force the structures in to the owners Data Pad. Structures can now be packed up in whole with all items now in place. This function was designed so players could move quickly without picking up everything they decorated in house then destroying the deed for transfer.

I hope this answers posters questions about this event.

4. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    That's pretty cool of them to do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.