main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion Galaxy of Sounds on Disney+

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Chris_Fives, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Chris_Fives

Chris_Fives Jedi Master star 3

Apr 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

It's basically like Zenimation but within SW universe! I enjoyed first episode. It's always great to revisit some of the scenes throughout entire library and hear the sounds without music.
    Still waiting for the 2nd season of SW Biomes though ;)

What are your thoughts on this?

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
  2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Just watched the first one, Wonder, and found it rather spellbinding. I've always admired the sound design for these movies, obviously, but hearing it like this, without music or dialog, is really exciting. To hear all those little details that have been otherwise hidden gives me even more appreciation for the craft.

Really good stuff. Make sure to use headphones for this.

EDIT: Also, this:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2021
    Chris_Fives likes this.
  3. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
    Funny to watch in a SW party theme.

4. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    The best sound design in film history gets a well deserved showcase.

TCF-1138 and Chris_Fives like this.
  5. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Spellbinding is the perfect word to describe this series. I loved this series. Not only does it bring sound effects front and center it put the focus on the photography of the movies and on the way characters and events echo through the trilogy.

This is some of my absolute favorite Disney+ content.

TCF-1138 likes this.
  6. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    It is lovely, isn't it?

7. The Wrens of Night

The Wrens of Night Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 14, 2017
    I had this plugged in to my car stereo waiting for the kids in the car rider line and was just spellbound how much we've "missed" under the dialogue and soundtrack. I've only watched the first one and the Light Side one but look forward to the rest. The water dripping off Luke's X-Wing as Yoda lifts it from the swamp was a particular highlight. Gives a real cool look at what things might have sounded like "as they happened" in real time for the characters. Only Star Wars fans would dig this IMHO

8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    This series reinforces my growing belief that Star Wars films can really benefit from stretches of time without (or with a very light) soundtrack.

9. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    The scene in the crashed ship on Eadu in Rogue One is great for this reason. Just the sound of the storm and some electronics in the ship's interior.

Chris_Fives and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. Siphonophore

Siphonophore Chosen One star 4

Nov 13, 2003
    What I found interesting was Maul igniting his saber in the chapter titled Light Side.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    This.

TCF-1138 likes this.