main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Galaxy's Dump (A Paradoxical Echoes OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Sep 3, 2017.

1. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    It was nice. :) I had exams anyway so I'm not complaining. :p

Welcome! We're glad to have you. :)

TheAdmiral and Bravo like this.
  2. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Silent, how did your exams go?

Welcome, Admiral. :)

3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Soooo, @TheAdmiral , how are you being introduced to the game?

Are you arriving by shuttle, or has @Bravo arranged to tag you?

Bravo likes this.
  4. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    That is what I am wondering myself. I guess I need to ask him. :D

Bravo likes this.
  5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I'm getting a post up now. :)

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    TheAdmiral likes this.
  7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    @Bravo

Just looking at the Pilot Lounge, I have finally noticed, beyond mere words, that you are really laying it on a bit thick about different crew demographics being jealous of other people's amenities.

Is this all to build towards the later strife?

8. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    They were alright. Harder then I expected.

Bravo likes this.
  9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Things that are worth it, are hardly easy. Challenges require us to excel beyond our comfort zones.

Now, you know what to expect the next round of testing and you'll do great. :)

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  10. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Yes, that's true. I'll just have to study harder next time as well. :)

Just a heads up to everyone, I'm going to be dropping hints about Elena's grandfather, so feel free to take a few guesses. :confused:

Bravo likes this.
  11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    ....when you think, if a star destroyer is feeling that gravity well, are you sure you want TIEs out there?

@TheSilentInfluence - well, if its not the Emperor, that Van Haflin fella looks a bit grandfatherly (actually, he looks like the big bad from Big Trouble in Little China).

Bravo likes this.
  12. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    ;)

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Bravo likes this.
  13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    The TIE's are going towards the abandoned mining colony that, at least in my mind's eyes, would be opposite of the gravity well. But we'll see, maybe @galactic-vagabond422 will surprise those poor TIEs out there.....? ;):-B It was his/her*** invention, so I leave that up to the player. I already know that gravity well gave me some ideas for story purposes, so it was a well placed story item on GV's part. :cool:

***Sorry, don't know gender. I don't want to assume/be rude. [face_blush]

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay. Well played, galactic-vagabond.

Bravo likes this.
  15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I've been out sick since Saturday. I'm finally on the mend. It only took 3 days of feeling like a pinata with candy coming out all three ends, except its not candy. [face_sick] I took the time to update the wiki, since its mostly (for me) mindless data entry with the occasional rabbit trail of information that distracts me for 2 hours. With all that said, I'm nearly done (in depth) with where I need to be storyline wise to push the game forward with the wiki info. It sounds silly, I know, but unless you're @Sith-I-5 or @Mitth_Fisto , you'd be swimming in information that goes back to 2009 and you'd think I'm either crazy or crazy when I post the next story update.

So, with that said, I'm going to pound out the last little bit on the wiki update (its only taken 3 weeks....... :rolleyes:) and get to posting back to full strength by tomorrow. As you've all probably notice, I've been very reserved on the promptness of my replies and the wiki updating is why (its taking 2 to 3 hours a night, plus an hour on my lunch break every day).

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    "What about those TIE Fighters!"

17. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
  18. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    That is a fancy word for the forward hanger. :-B

19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh, we're in the forward hangar. Oh well. [face_whistling]

Have either of you seen the big drokk-off ion engines on the back of a star destroyer? Have you seen the titchy engines on the back of a TIE fighter?

To my mind's eye, depending on the nature of the gravity well, if a star destroyer has to make changes to maintain its' position, one potential scenario would see the TIEs unable to make any headway against the gravity well's pull, and in fact go tumbling uncontrollably towards it, as soon as they clear the Darkest Night.

Recommend either updating Bad Love's strength on the wiki from 12 TIEs to 10, or giving Tractor Control a heads-up to catch them if something does go awry.

Edit: Mm. I just got a visual of Commander Saru from Star Trek: Discovery touching the fronds on the back of his head, as if they have sensed danger. Are our shields up?

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    Bravo likes this.
  20. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Well if we roll after the funeral to point our hangers toward the approaching TIEs I would think the repulsors and entering the Star Destroyers hanger would be the safe zone if they are able to slow enough on approach.

Bravo likes this.
  21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I firmly believe GV moved us past the gravity well Mr. Rocket Scientist. :p In any event, you have a point in terms of the gravity well's mass. While I think patrolling in the opposite direction to check out the mining colony would not present an issue, returning would in theory...ish. Although I think I just fed myself a sandwich full of bull on that one. :rolleyes: And Mitth's answer is what I would do.

In the grand scheme of things, the TIEs would stay away from the gravity well. Or their just flipping idiots. I'm getting that post up tonight either way.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  22. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    I am sorry for the delay, will try to make a post today or in the next few days.

Bravo likes this.
  23. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    I'm so far behind at this point, I'm very sorry. I'll do my best to get caught up this week.

Bravo and Sith-I-5 like this.
  24. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    If you need a quick catch up, just shoot me a PM. We're in a very good place to just fast forward everything (your storylines, characters, etc.) to where we're at now without too much of a hiccup.

I am playing catch up this week. I had to take my wife to the hospital Friday morning at 4am and we've had to be monitoring her with rest since then. Everything is okay now, just playing catch up with DRL now.

25. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Glad to hear Mrs Bravo is better.

I struggle to understand how anyone in a First World country could campaign or vote against "free" or tax-paid healthcare.

One of our team at work had a family tragedy over the weekend.
    Lost her toddler grandson.

I certainly feel like I knew him, with how she delighted in updating us on her interactions with him and his siblings.

One lapse in judgement. The wrong set of circumstances.
    Could totally blow a hole through your life.