main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Galaxy's Dump (A Paradoxical Echoes OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    The Vanguard

Might as well rejoin the team, in our new digs.

Bravo and The Vanguard like this.
  2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    This is like playing an evil alternate universe Intervention. :p I'm just waiting for Lasso to show up sporting a goatee.

Bravo, Laine_Snowtrekker and Sith-I-5 like this.
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    And I am already loving the interaction between Security and MI. Fantastic post Laine_Snowtrekker! =D=

Bravo and Laine_Snowtrekker like this.
  4. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    OH, I'm so pleased that you like it. I went through two or three versions of the dialogue in Gwen's response to what Shinzon said. An evening well spent. :D

Bravo and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  5. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    'twas perfect. Just the exact sort of tone I was hoping for between the two.

Bravo likes this.
  6. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Thanks for the tag Sith-I-5

I re-vamped Reen's CS, if it's good to go I'll send it ASAP.

Happy posting!!

Bravo likes this.
  7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Hey all ---

I'll be online tomorrow (Tuesday) night. I got sucked into watching the Denver Broncos Football game tonight & it just ended 20 or so minutes ago. Season Opener, I couldn't miss it. [face_whistling][face_blush]

The Vanguard likes this.
  8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    So Joker Platoon will be using American Football moves to avoid those pesky AT-AT feet. Got it. :p

Bravo likes this.
  9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Hey all ---

Sith brought a technical glitch to my attention in the wiki the other day.

When you are using the drop-down menus, please know that NOT ALL THE OPTIONS appear in the drop-down menus. You'll need to click on the actual menu headers (i.e. "Organizations," "Locations," etc.) to see all available articles.

I would highly recommend taking a look at those extra articles, they help to explain a lot & deepen the game experience.

My goals for tonight:

1) Finish with the Story Characters. I was trying to get more diversity into the characters, so it doesn't look like a all white person gathering, but I fell asleep after the game. Mostly because I'm old. :p I can't have the "token Duro". That never goes over well in horror movies. That's like having the stereotypical cute blond with a big chest....we all know who dies first as she's half dressed.

2) Get to a post; if I don't finish this one tonight, I'll have the rest of the week (Wed, Thurs, Fri) to post every night.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I'm well out of practice. My writing feels all confused.

Laine_Snowtrekker - well done with that post; you did a lot better with that role than I would have done.

Laine_Snowtrekker likes this.
  11. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    I'm out of practice, too, at least in playing an RPG. And this is a type of character I've never played before, so it's stretching the writing muscles and I'm still getting a feel for her. I'm wondering right now if I want her to try and interrogate one of the prisoners by dressing up as a Rebel and getting thrown in the cell with them. I haven't decided yet. But I figure that might be fun to write. (Well, any interrogation might be tricky/fun to write, but still.)

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  12. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay, I finished out Joker Platoon for the time being. I fell asleep last night at the computer. Stupid DRL.

I added (to the Platoon):

Now, off to posting. :cool: I'll do a post/reply a night at least up until Saturday. Sunday is a bit iffy with our Annual Business Meeting (our big end of season meeting) for the Valiant Few.

I do have both Friday & Monday off, my first days off since April (except for the weekends, which I have off). And my wife scheduled Doctor appointments both of those days. I hate the doctors. [face_plain]

13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I am online, reading posts, & typing up responses (I just got home about 45 minutes ago). :)

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Interesting idea, Bravo. You can maintain your own story at a different layer or level to what the rest of us are doing; should be less stress.

Good post.

I was thinking that Duke ought to release other staff too, lest the rest think he is favouring the girlies; although if anyone did say anything, Shinzon'd just beat 'em up and space 'em.

Now I think a bit more about it though, both are senior staff, so will have been working the hardest out of their section, and the command staff are more likely to relate to the officer tier nearest to their own, which ties in with you using Star Trek: Voyager as a source.

Janeway clearly related to her senior staff more than anyone else.

15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Mitth_Fisto; Sith-I-5

I will have responses up to your posts tomorrow.

Sith; I do plan on releasing staff, but I need to get through the escape pods first and do some other things (reference comment about posts tomorrow).

16. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    And thank you for the storyline bit there. I'm going to give it a try & see what happens. :)

17. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I shall look forward to it sir! :D

Bravo likes this.
  18. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    A few updates to the wiki....

Laine, I searched the web for a good hour and finally found that photo. Let me know if you want anything changed or added, etc. I read your post & figured we should just go ahead & add your squad room idea to a location. :)

19. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Thanks! And now I know how many staff I have! That's awesome--I'm sorry it took so long for you to find a picture, but it's a great picture! Thank you, that's very helpful.

And it does make sense, as I assume there'll be plenty of need for it in the future. :) I'll figure out who the staff are so you don't have to. But this is great!

Bravo likes this.
  20. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Going to try to put together a post for tomorrow but not sure if I'll get to it. Most of my RP writing is done during the week while the kids are at school but for most of this week and for what I am guessing is going to be all of next week I'm on jury duty during the day, so no time for happy pretendy fun time writing. Still I'll try to get something down for tomorrow but that will be all I can do for this game for the next week or so as I've got to get my other games caught up as well.

Laine_Snowtrekker and Bravo like this.
  21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Bardan_Jusik

I had an idea to speed along the escape pods----and give you guys evidence to pick through (if you haven't come up with some yourself)---if you want me to post it.

22. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    You're welcome. :)

Laine_Snowtrekker likes this.
  23. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003

I know I'm not Bardan, but I wasn't sure if we were supposed to bring the pods in or that you were going to do so, which is why I had mentioned at least one being outside the magcon.

Bravo likes this.
  24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I'm finding the Wikia pages quite unstable, visiting from the PC. I can only visit it for a short time.

And it put malware - a "you have been selected to win an iphone" - popup, onto my Samsung, forcing me to clear 300mb of cache data to get rid off it, the other day. My phone is permanently changed.

So, the new pics; before I realised that one was the Intelligence squad room, I thought it would be perfect for Hangar Control.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    Bravo likes this.
  25. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I'm having glitchy issues with it as well whenever I visit the wiki and it crashes my tablet when I used it. Just wanted to chip in so it would be clear it's not just Sith.

Bravo and Sith-I-5 like this.