main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Galaxy's Dump (A Paradoxical Echoes OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    This is hilarious:
    He had taught her a word that pilots use, and she had taught him a Chiss greeting - they stand facing each other, jump up, and try to bump each other, chest on chest. She called it a 'Chiss Bump'.​
    I just cracked up laughing while trying to get caught up, @Sith-I-5

Bravo and Sith-I-5 like this.
  2. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    So, @Bravo did you like the film?

I saw it today and I wish I never did...

Bravo likes this.
  3. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    @TheAdmiral

My short review I put up on Facebook immediately after the movie...

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    This guy sat next to me at work, I had no idea that he liked Star Wars, until I learned that he sat through a Sequel Trilogy marathon on opening night.

His view on the new film: "It was alright. Not my favourite but better than that garbage that they made in the Nineties.'" - for a couple of hours, he was dead to me.

I have consumed plenty of review and analysis vids on TROS over the weekend. One mentioned that if you watched it as a casual fan, and turned your brain off, you could find it an enjoyable film.

Not to be horrible, but I can see how my colleague could like it, and harbour no judgement towards his tastes.

I've heard enough to know that I would have been driven drokking insane by the plot holes, discrepancies, breaks in logic, blatant ******* magic masquerading as Force powers, inconsistent use thereof, material from the OT, undermining of the George Lucas era, and continued crapping all over the legacy of Star Wars.

I have a bit of sympathy that JJ was rescuing his story from the Rian Johnson' dumpster fire, but the die was cast from the decision to give each Sequel director complete creative freedom over their films, rather than working to an arc.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    Bravo likes this.
  5. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    The whole movie was a cinematic nightmare... The pacing, the editing, the dialogue (as if taken from a teen's fanfic), the cardboard cutout characters, the Mary Sue and the push of a political agenda...

I liked Poe, but they butchered his character when Rey interacted with him. They put (on purpose) too much toxic masculinity...

The music was good, but John recycled too many of his old pieces.

Palps was a cartoonish villain, there was no trace of the brilliant Machiavellian manipulator.

The whole story could have been boiled down to an hour long movie...

These are some of the few things that come to mind...

Bravo likes this.
  6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    @Sith-I-5

And this was the problem with the sequel trilogy. Call what you will of the PT, but at least Lucas had a vague plan to connect the major plot points from TPM to AOTC and then to ROTS. It can be argued that the TPM completes the overall original Skywalker trilogy from TPM to ROTJ, as it connects the dots. You can argue and fan boy cry over Lucas' decisions to complete the PT, but at least he had a plan and looking back TPM twenty years later, you get that he had a vision.

Disney had no vision, no plan. That's the consequence of putting a known out-spoken feminist like Kathleen Kennedy at the helm---you knew she was a smart business woman (which explains her climb throughout the corporate ranks), but those business smarts were overshadowed by her desire to push a political agenda about woman rights (Rogue One did it great, the ST sucked at it) and social issues (Solo & The Mandalorian did it great, the ST sucked at it). The whole The Force is female shirts were the warning signs about her idealist political crusade against George Lucas Star Wars...the strong Princess Leia leads were gone (except for Rogue One). Disney gave her the vehicle to spread the social agenda, because they saw a new expanding sales market in the MeToo and Social Justice Warrior eras.

Now we get the disaster of when you mix good business (PT & OT) with social agendas (ST). Its a crap show. We can only hope Disney puts a strong moderate (politically) female CEO at the head of LucasFilm or put a strong moderate (politically) male CEO at the head of LucasFilm. Disney cannot afford to go politically too far left or too far right now, or they risk losing LucasFilm. Marvel has done it perfect with strong male and strong female leads, so LucasFilm needs to copy that social agenda middle ground approach like Marvel.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    TheAdmiral likes this.
  7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Merry Christmas all!!!! :ben:[face_party]

TheAdmiral likes this.
  8. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Merry Christmas to all players.

One of the videos claimed that Marvel execs, and a Dave Filoni(?), were moving across to Lucasfilm in the background; and we may soon hear Kathleen Kennedy wanting to spend more time with family. [face_praying]

Bravo likes this.
  9. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    That's been going around since July or August. With the success of The Mandalorian, those rumors have intensified a lot since about October/November. With the general negativeness towards Rise of Skywalker and non planned feeling from Episodes 7 through 9, her exit is almost certain. So, here's to hoping..... [face_praying][face_praying][face_praying]

10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    So, some of you might remember my rather interesting journey this last year with the hobby group I'm part of. While some things haven't gone as planned, our Part I is up from 2018 (link below) at last, about 9 months behind schedule. Despite the delays & problems, everyone worked their butts off in The Valiant Few and hard work pays off.

I'm currently working on our Part II of that movie with soundtrack, editing, and special effects (its all the fight scenes too, which makes it hard with editing clips together, etc). I'm hoping I'll have it done by March 2020, because we start our new film season in March and it'll be tight doing post production on one film, while doing scene shooting on another film.

Anyways, enjoy me being blown up by lightening (I'm the dude running away like a coward in the first opening scene). ;):p

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Happy New Year everyone!!! [face_party]

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  12. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Happy New Year.

@Bravo Watched some of your vid. Not bad.

Were glasses available in the 16th Century?

Bravo likes this.
  13. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Yes, although they were of a different design then our modern day ones. In the movie, however, this was primarily done because of real-world vision issues, something that with a budget of $0.00 we couldn't avoid. But historically, we were correct.

14. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Happy New Year!

Bravo likes this.
  15. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    @Bravo Has your stormtrooper captain emerged from the establishment, or is he staying inside?

16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I'll be making my reply today @Bravo. Sorry I took so long.

Bravo likes this.
  17. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    We can assume he left, based on how the post ended.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
  18. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    I will try either today or in the next couple of days, got derailed and had to catch up...

Last edited: Jan 4, 2020
    Bravo likes this.
  19. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Heya, @Bravo

I owe you a post my friend. My insane Holiday schedule is finally normalizing somewhat, so it won't be long now. Thanks for being patient.

Bravo likes this.
  20. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    @TheAdmiral & @TheSilentInfluence

I have updated Joker Platoon, redoing all 4 squads on more realistic load out and added personnel for the unit's special operations assignments. The new structure for 2nd Squad will be the idea going forward in the game. Please let me know ASAP if you want different arrangements for Team A, B, and C. The idea was to give each of you your own team within the squad, so we're not stepping over each other's feet in RPing, yet small enough to avoid the larger complexities of a whole platoon worth of soldiers to NPC and deal with on mission.

Sith-I-5 and TheAdmiral like this.
  21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
  22. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Thank you @Bravo. It looks really good. :) I'm pretty happy with the structure.

Bravo likes this.
  23. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Tag in the game. ;)

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  24. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Thank you. :)

Bravo likes this.
  25. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I added Staff Sergeant Rusty Oak to the wiki. He was formerly known as "Sergeant Oak", interacting with @Bardan_Jusik 's Cain Shinzon. I've been wanting to reintroduce Sergeant Oak somehow and make him useful again, since I really, really enjoyed RPing the NPC with Jusik. I liked the shell shock mental break he had going on his head as his obsession to please Cain bordered on crazy. I wanted to explore that darker crazy side of Oak more and see what decisions he makes and how it affects him and others around him.

Bardan_Jusik likes this.