main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Galaxy's Dump (A Paradoxical Echoes OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Bravo likes this.
  2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    @Kurisan - I commandeered the end of the last game's library thread, to keep track of this game - https://boards.theforce.net/threads/intervention-quick-reference.50008025/page-9#post-53075899

So according to that resource, the vacant senior command roles are:

Chief Engineering Officer
    Air Commodore
    Hangar Chief

You are right that any stormtrooper characters need to be members of Joker Platoon; and any TIE pilots need to be members of Dark Nebulae squadron (TIE Phantoms).

Baille Harte, my character, is still active.

The player for Gwen Levric, is currently indisposed, but has not actually left the game.
    Bravo is running her in the interim.

Bravo likes this.
  3. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Thanks @Sith-I-5 I'll pass on this occasion. I'll look out for a new start-up game though and if we do have a chance to interact in the same game I look forward to enjoying your usual acerbic wit. :)

Bravo likes this.
  4. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    @Kurisan

Thank you for your interest! It looks like @Sith-I-5 answered most of your questions.

As for an update on my end: I'm using my backup laptop right now, but I try to use it sparingly, as it is 7 years old and I'm milking it as long as I can (because its my only backup). So I'm checking the boards really quick. No update yet on the primary PC.

Thank you for your patience. :)

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Computer is back up & running. I had a faulty 4-month old graphics card. Best Buy's Geek Squad was great and despite the card being just out of warranty, they replaced it free of charge and in fact gave me an upgrade (I paid the modest difference between both cards). Because of the service, I was able to replace my 8 year-old tower case with the saved money; admittedly, this new case doesn't have all the bells & whistles as my older case, but for a economy case it does great. I get to see my computer now on the inside and it comes with these light...things. [face_dunno] The settings can be dizzying...seriously. [face_sick] To say the least, I picked the least of the seizure-inducing color patterns.

With all that said, the timing couldn't be better and I'll be getting to posts ASAP. Thank you all for your patience. :)

6. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Well, I have spent two days, jumping through the hoops necessary to get this 'laptop' up and online.

My first time typing a Board post on a physical keyboard, since my desktop went down.

Touch wood, this should allow... Ah-ha, just found that the on/off key is right above the Backspace key...me to step up posting activity.

Bravo likes this.
  7. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    @Kurisan Natalia and Keia could really get along...if they could get over their shy streak...and if Natalia survives this.

Bravo and Kurisan like this.
  8. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    @galactic-vagabond422 hey thanks for this. Between you and @Bravo i couldn’t resist the dark side any longer lol. A new crew member has just been hastily sent to Javin to start her posting on the Darkest Night!

Bravo and galactic-vagabond422 like this.
  9. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    @Kurisan Well I hope you don't end up in the mess Natalia is in, the Navigator wouldn't want to be seen in such a disheveled state.

10. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Actually duplicating Natalia so exactly was my prime worry, @galactic-vagabond422 but The Boss assures me there’s room for both our characters!

11. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    It's fine Natalia's main bag is Navigation with some Computers and Slicing on the side. I did have the thought of them going through the same Technical School at the same time, with Nat a year ahead of her. They likely never met but could be an fun connection.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  12. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    Ooh I quite like that idea @galactic-vagabond422 and yes, quite likely they would become comfortable in each other’s company if they did happen to meet during the academy. Keia would definitely appreciate a friendly face on a big ship and a slightly terrifying first assignment! Is Natalia main navigator on the Night’s bridge?

13. galactic-vagabond422

Jul 11, 2009
    @Kurisan As far as I know, technically, I would think at the very least she would be known as the crack navigator on board. Possible that Keia came across the name while doing research on the ship and saw the name on the roster.

14. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    @Kurisan - Welcome aboard; lovely to see that you changed your mind.

15. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    @Kurisan

Welcome! It's nice that you joined the game.

16. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Force Ghost star 4

Mar 28, 2004
  17. Kurisan

Apr 26, 2016
    @Sith-I-5 @TheSilentInfluence @TheAdmiral thanks for the welcome everyone! [face_love] I'm looking forward to getting stuck in.

Feel free to give Keia hell in-game; this is the Imperial Navy she's signed up for, not some pleasure cruise... [face_laugh]

(But I'm new to the workings round here so please be nice if I ask stupid OOC questions here :confused:)

K

Bravo likes this.
  18. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    No one will be mad at you for asking questions @Kurisan.

Bravo likes this.
  19. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
  20. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    @greyjedi125 & @Mitth_Fisto

I am getting ready to write the wrap-up post to the current list of Johnny Boy adventures to get us all caught up. I'm aiming for Friday or this weekend to be done with it. There's a few...Imperial entanglements in the way that Han Solo can't seem to avoid with a old crazy hermit named Obi-Wan and a farm boy named Luke Skywalker at the moment.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    Mitth_Fisto and greyjedi125 like this.
  21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    *GULP* :eek:

My Alex flies alongside Luke at the Battle of Yavin, as you can see from his CS pic. How long have we got before I need to get him situated?

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  22. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    It was a figure of speech, not literal. I was dealing with 20 things last night all at once and it ended with me falling asleep to a Star Wars review of Make Solo 2 Happen. Mind you, all those things were family related and nothing to do with any actual relaxing. Just by 9 pm last night I finally got to the couch and promptly fell asleep apparently.

23. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I updated the Hunk of Junk's entry page. I found a better interior layout for a YT-1930 and added it.

24. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    @Mitth_Fisto

I indulged in our long friendship to commandeer Havah for a few words of dialogue to make a scene make sense in a post.

25. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    @Kurisan

Your tag is next on my list. I'll get to it tomorrow night (Tuesday) or Wednesday night at the latest. I'm falling asleep at the computer. I-)