main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Galaxy's Dump (A Paradoxical Echoes OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Teagan Quinn Albano was born yesterday (09-16-2017) @ 7 lbs, 5 ounces. I'm now a daddy! :cool:

Photos are on my Facebook page. :)

2. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sith-I-5 ; Mitth_Fisto

I use Google Chrome & have little to no issues. Don't use Firefox---it conflicts with all wikis.

I'm sorry that you're both having problems. :(

3. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Laine_Snowtrekker likes this.
  4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Congratulations, Mate. To you and the Mother.

=D=

Bravo likes this.
  5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thank you Sith! :)

6. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Congrats!!!!

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay, there is going to be a bit of a race here for the escape pod responders, as I ascribe to the West End Games description of how a thermal detonator works, rather than the explosive version that some people do.

Mitth_Fisto - I got distracted by Bravo's news, but I wanted to query, if meat in the GFFA, is tenderised whilst raw, just as in RL, and it was done next to the cooked soufflé, doesn't that risk food poisoning from splashed juices landing on the meal?

The thing deflating, will be the last of Jingle's worries.

8. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Wait, what is the West End games description of how a thermal detonator works? I don't think I'm familiar with that?

9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Rather than an explosive effect, the baradium payload creates a coherent energy sphere of a certain size, and a superhot energy vapourises everything within the confines of that sphere. The globe dissipates after a long moment, everything that was inside the globe is...gone.

The nearest visual example that I can think off, if I am remembering correctly, is a Terminator arriving from the future; whatever they are kneeling next to, tends to have curved piece sliced out of it.

It's why thermal detonators are good for breaching doors; you are not blowing the door up. Just putting the device next to it, and stepping back enough not to be caught in the baradium shield.

10. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003

Oh, like the bridge to Asgard cutting off part of the police cars in Thor 2! (Except of course that the stuff wasn't obliterated.)

Hmmm. Would that still have the same 6-meter blast radius that's listed at the link Jason provided? That's actually...quite a bit of space. But I'm also wondering how the scanners didn't pick up a thermal detonator before the pod was allowed through the magcon?

(Sorry, I'm still trying to figure out how my character is going to react.)

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002

Having found your Thor scene, yes, the way the police cars are treated, except the ground in that scene remains flat, whereas the thermal detonator creates a globe, so will gouge out a smooth crater into the hangar deck as well.

If I manage to write the scene before you or Bardan do, I'll be consuming the entire escape pod, as well as bits of the closest stormtroopers, especially if they were close enough to be physically tapping on the pod's hull.

I don't think sensors can penetrate starship hulls. If hulls can keep out spatial radiation, surely they can keep out scanner energy as well?

EDIT: Ah, I hadn't seen that Bravo had provided a link. Basically the same as the WEG version. A lot of people, because of Boba Fett in ROTJ claiming that his would put people's remains into or onto the walls of Jabba's throne room, treat it as an explosive device, whereas WEG does not.

12. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    It's the same type of pod, apparently, as the one R2 and 3PO escaped to Tatooine upon (based on the link provided). They were clearly scanning them for flesh-and-blood people, not droids, in ANH, but clearly the scanners on a Star Destroyer can pick up something, if calibrated correctly. I'd assumed they'd be scanning for weapons, as this is a post-battle scene and these are hostiles being brought aboard the ship. It would be stupid to assume that they weren't armed.

Hmm.

13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    That is a good spot, recalling that scene from ANH.

But suppose there are weapons found? What're you gonna do, keep all the pods outside until you find one that hasn't got any weapons?

Besides, no-one on the bridge has been told to do any such scans. I know in Star Trek, the captains get right het up, if someone takes the initiative to start scanning without being told.

I'm going to start writing a post. Maybe it will get in first, maybe it won't.

14. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    You will probably get it in first because I am working on other things at the moment. But playing off that, well, that will be intriguing.

15. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Yes, well there is a reason he said he needed to check the food :p

But really this is a KX model security droid, so same model as K-2SO from Rogue One, the arm reach of which is freaky long. So I was figuring it was set far to the side yet still be in finger range.

16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I wrote my responses to Levric and Cain, and noting the pod rocking as the fight ensues; ironically didn't have the energy to describe the baradium effect, especially when I realised it would be ******* BRIGHT!

Fell asleep in an armchair during a break.

Back to it, tonight.

EDIT: 19/09/2017 - Okay, posted! Sorry for the delay!

17. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Gwen didn't react to the joke because I didn't get it, Sith-I-5. I kept looking at lists of acronyms to try and figure out what you meant (but clearly it was there in front of me the whole time!), so I just rolled with it. Sorry about that.

18. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Mitth ---

Can you send me a list of any droids you add personally to your kitchen staff, please? Even a short bio as for a character. That way I can add it to the wiki.

Mitth_Fisto ; Sith-I-5

I was thinking about your wiki issues. Some of those issues may be specific to either A) phones & tablets (because I've had the same issues) or B) your anti-virus isn't picking it up (I pay for Avast Premier and its the best investment I've done for my PC; once every 6 months I pay for it, but I've had zero problems with virus & malware verses other programs I've used in the past)

19. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Just the one I asked you about, don't plan on augmenting the staff any further from your layout ;)

I'll get to work on that later. Next couple days at the latest unless I have a quiet night.

EDIT: Nevermind, slow night. It is done!

20. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
  21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Oh darn!

It was only when Bravo liked my OOC, that I noticed I had posted it in the wrong thread!

Sorry about that!

Bravo likes this.
  22. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001

I was going to say something --- then I thought nah, he'll just call himself out. I should have made a bet with myself, I would have won! :p

23. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    With those kind of bets you always win ;)

24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Interesting.

So, the eventual turncoats, might not be fighting off the entire stormtrooper corps!

25. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Hey all,

Sorry for not posting last night. The family & I were in the hospital until about 1:00 am in the morning.

So, I'll begin getting those tags out. :)