main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Galaxy's Dump (A Paradoxical Echoes OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    @Bravo no problem my friend I know the pressure of multiple people needing your time. I am patient. I'm also bamboozled about what to do about that Rodian!! [face_laugh]

Bravo likes this.
  2. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    So, we've had a bathroom remodel take an unexpected turn. So I've been and will be working all weekend in my house trying to get water restored & shower facilities working again. First, our new standard sized tub wouldn't fit through our nonstandard hallway & doorway (1978 original construction), despite the measurements being correct---we didn't factor in the degree of turns we had to do for maneuvering; second, we found shotty piping behind the old tub and when we went to try to repair it, the whole thing burst and we had to turn off our water. Between demolition Friday night (4 hours) and working 7:30am until 8pm last night in that bathroom to get the tub in and pipping fixed, I'm exhausted.

There's a slight possibility I'll be able to get online tonight, assuming everything gets fixed and we---at least---have running water. :)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
    Kurisan and Sith-I-5 like this.
  3. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    ~~~Game Master Announcement~~~

Sorry for my lack of time online this week; just as we got our bathroom shower remodeled on Sunday, we found out on Monday that our clogged drain from the Friday before the remodel started was actually a broken main sewage line. Long story short, we're on the hook for it since it's before the city tap (although its connected to the main tap at the break), so its been a headache trying to figure out financing and a timely repair for a 9 thousand dollar job that must be done ASAP. Last thing we need is sewage backing up into our house. [face_sick]

With all that said, I logged onto today to a lengthy PM exchange between 2 players in the game. I'll leave the context and who's who out of it for privacy reasons, but I hope the misunderstanding can be resolved more positively then it originally was and both players can resume RPing within Paradoxical Echoes ASAP. :) If not, sadly, one player has made a choice to leave the game and I'll support their choice to leave if that's what they want. :(

But it all got started over a misunderstanding from my point of view and---maybe---a difference of world view simply based on different social-cultural expectations, which could be anywhere from location to generation divide or both. But all that is besides the point. I want to get to the misunderstanding part and I'm quoting part of the PM directly below so I'm not repeating myself. But, please know, you are all valued. You all have talents & abilities others don't. You are all special, unique, and 100% super awesome in both your personal & professional lives. Location, culture, social-economics, and politics may divide us, but being Star Wars fans unites us. Always remember that. [:D]:)

@Sith-I-5 , @greyjedi125 , @Mitth_Fisto , @TheSilentInfluence , @galactic-vagabond422 , @Kurisan , @TheAdmiral

4. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I hope you're bathroom can get fixed soon. And don't worry about updating, fixing you're bathroom is you're first priority though I am sorry about how expensive that is.

I hope you know you are valued as well. We couldn't ask for a better GM.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    Sith-I-5 and Bravo like this.
  5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001

Thank you on both accounts! :)

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
    TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  6. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    You're welcome. :)

Bravo likes this.
  7. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I will be able to get to tags by Monday & Wednesday of this week. Thank you for your patience, it was a wild week last week and busy weekend. :)

8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Hard night getting the kiddos to bed tonight. I'll have to try again tomorrow or Wednesday to post. Sorry for the delay, I'm trying to find more then 20 minutes a night to post these last few days. Things will slow down soon, they always do, and I'll get back to posting regularly. :)

Sorry the delay once again. :(

9. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Hi everyone, just wanted to clear the air and hopefully prevent any damage to this cool game.

I am the cause of the misunderstanding above to which Bravo refers. I take full responsibility and sincerely apologise.

We have decided for me to part amicably on this occasion but there are no hard feelings, and I look forward to reading the adventures of this great cast of characters.

I'll see you all around, I'm sure, so it's farewell not goodbye. [face_love]

K.
    @Bravo so sorry to read about your plumbing problems, too!

galactic-vagabond422 likes this.
  10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
  11. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    So...lets try Thursday night (tomorrow)? [face_whistling] This crazy week is almost done and I get a 3 day weekend. I think all my two week craziness is finally coming to a slow end.

I am extremely sorry. :( Between a late night at Bible study last night and after work today & Monday, I was just drained of energy these last 3 days. Falling asleep at the computer is never a good thing I figure and its happened every night this week.

@Sith-I-5 , @greyjedi125 , @Mitth_Fisto , @TheSilentInfluence , @galactic-vagabond422 , @TheAdmiral

Sith-I-5, TheAdmiral and greyjedi125 like this.
  12. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Good morning everyone! :D So, I finally got a post up this morning---yay! ;) I'll be responding to tags today & tomorrow to get to everyone. :)

With all that said---a bit of a spoiler (but not really)---I would implore you to follow the blue links in my posts to our Paradoxical Echoes wiki. As an example, for my post for @greyjedi125 & @Mitth_Fisto , I mentioned the Antique & Armor Quarterly Sales Catalog. While at first glance, this catalog may seem harmless, if you start down the rabbit trail of links in that article, you find that the Sales Catalog is owned by Antique & Custom Arms Company; in that expanded article, you may be interested to find that the Elite-series is produced by ACA Armor Sales, formerly HG Historical Armor Productions, and now a subsidiary of Antique. Through that exploration, you may be interested in the Elite-series' Elite Armored Assault Tank, which then you'll find out that the Jod produced the Armored Assault Elite X2 Tank via Armor Engineering Products in the Kingdom of Jod.

The point of all this, is you'll be able to see the depth & scope of where the game is going and, as you read the article for Antique & Custom Arms Company more, you'll see the different pathways from that company and how it will effect our game. While I still have a lot of work to do on the wiki & cleaning up various past articles, it is coming together very nicely all the same. I hope you fInd the wiki useful for your characters and own personal stories within the game. :) At least, that is my hope.

@Sith-I-5 , @galactic-vagabond422 , @TheAdmiral , @TheSilentInfluence

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    greyjedi125 and TheAdmiral like this.
  13. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Oh I am sorry about that silly mistake, it seems I went the rookie route and did not check what I have written before that [face_tee_hee]

Good save though!

Bravo likes this.
  14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I've done that so many times too! ;)

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
  15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    ~~~Game Master Announcement~~~

Baring any official announcement from his family or the boards here, I am sad to report @Sith-I-5 has passed away. It was made public on Facebook yesterday.

As Sith would want, we will continue. That was his wish when we originally closed down Intervention: Echoes in Eternity and I feel that I owe that to him, to continue this game in his honor. In that same breath, I will pick up all of Sith's tags and slowly transition his characters out.

I won't make this post long because, frankly, I'm drained at learning Sith's passing tonight. Right or wrong, Sith was by my side through some really dark years in my life that few people will ever know or, truly, understand. His companionship, even if over PM for the last 10 years, was priceless & beyond words. And his loss has taken the wind out of my sails tonight. Tomorrow we will rise in Sith's honor and carry on. That's what he would want us to do.

We will be stronger and better people for all knowing a person like Sith-I-5.

Rest in peace brother. In the Lord's hands you are now.

@Sith-I-5 , @greyjedi125 , @Mitth_Fisto , @galactic-vagabond422 , @TheSilentInfluence , @TheAdmiral , @Bardan_Jusik

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  16. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    I can only offer my deepest condolences to his family and friends. I can scarcely believe this is happening, especially with everything already going on in 2020.
    Sith-I-5 is definitely in a better place and we will go on and honor him, by remembering him and his legacy here on the boards. Rest in Peace friend, the Lord is with you.

Amen.

17. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    I am not a member of this fine game, though I have definitely deliberated on it many times, but I hope I am permitted to reply in here this one time.

I am shocked and immensely saddened by the news of the passing of the venerable @Sith-I-5. It felt like he was here forever and now with such an enduring presence gone from the RPF...it will take some time to come to terms with this, quite frankly.

I am also glad to see he had such good friends and fellow storytellers as all those assembled here. May you all find solace in these sad times, @Bravo @greyjedi125 @Mitth_Fisto @galactic-vagabond422 @TheSilentInfluence @TheAdmiral @Bardan_Jusik

And of course....RIP @Sith-I-5. You will be terribly missed, but never, ever forgotten. @};-

18. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh, damn. Now this is saddening. Many years ago I met Sith-I-5, and I was taken with how nice a guy he was.

Though we rarely RP’d together, he was the kind of consistent poster that was always here, always a presence, always a contributor. There was a certainty to I-5, let alone creativity.

RIP indeed.

19. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    I knew him from Galaxy at War 3, I did not always agree with his writing but that is shocking news! May God rest his soul!

20. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Sith-I-5 left some really nice comments when I was struggling on some fan-fiction way back when. @};-

21. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Shocked and saddened by this news. Sith-I-5 was a stalwart around these parts and his presence will be sorely missed. My prayers go out to his family and friends as they deal with this loss. @};-

Bravo, greyjedi125 and Sinrebirth like this.
  22. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Sith-I-5 and Bravo are some of the first names I learned around these parts. I rarely played with him at first but I still saw his odd posts and avoided posting with him for a while because frankly I was intimidated. How could anyone have that many characters dancing in their heads and playing together by themselves and not godmode or explode?!? I still haven't really found that balance myself and whilst I may have more than ten active characters I have yet to get them to dance as he did his so seamlessly.

Woe for yet I am filled with regret, for I do not know if I ever fully shared that with him. For I am sad I avoided that man that hurt my early RP brain, that I did not post more with him and collaborate more when I had the chance, and that I shall not more so in this life. Woe is for the living and I hope and pray and love to believe we shall have to have a round robin later and laugh about all of this.

Rest in Peace, one I hoped to call friend. Rest In Peace.

God Bless - May the devil just now be learning you're heaven, and all his chances missed.@};-

23. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    How is everyone doing?

I know, at least for me, @Sith-I-5 's death was a hard pill to stomach. I wanted to reach out and see where everyone is---generally, DRL, etc? You'll be seeing a increased number of posts from me, as I'll be posting for Sith's characters (slowly moving them to retired status) and @greyjedi125 's character until he returns, on-top of my own characters and GM duties. So I don't want anyone to get spooked out that I'm going on a posting tear---I just don't have anything to do with the wiki mostly done and now all my attention can be given to the game. And with The Valiant Few's film season put on hold & the local Colorado Renaissance Festival canceled for the year (both because of COVID-19), I really, really, really don't have anything to do but work, zoo trips with the family, and backyard work. To the say the least, I'm an under worked nerd at the moment. ;) My wife is probably thankful I'm not a very good handy man or I'd be remodeling our whole house right about now in boredom.

@greyjedi125 , @Mitth_Fisto , @galactic-vagabond422 , @TheSilentInfluence , @TheAdmiral

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  24. TheAdmiral

Mar 28, 2004
    I have been a bit busy with my games, but I intend to post today or tomorrow.

Bravo likes this.
  25. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Hey all, *waves*

Bravo, you can place Winterkill in his quarters, the ship's lounge, a practice dummy or any corner for the time being. It's not my intention for him to be a burden to you and add to you already full plate by having yet another character to manage. Incidentally, I'm finding it hard to 'move along' Sith-I-5's characters in my game and transition them out. At this time it seems 'haunting' to do so, and every time I even think of doing so, my mind just won't let me begin a post, so that's going to take some time. In RL, dealing with some health issues and insomnia, my mind just won't shut down at night- at all. So trying to get a handle on that - plus this heat wave....melting away, quite literally is a thing.

Stay hydrated people, stay safe.

Bravo, I guess I'll PM you about Winterkill.

Bravo likes this.