main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Galaxy's Dump (A Paradoxical Echoes OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sarge, TheAdmiral and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  2. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    WE. ARE. LIVE.
    Welcome to the Dirty Seven! After waiting 11 days for an additional 2 players, I have decided to pull that trigger and go! I will be writing the opening post now---as you read this---and it will be up before night's end. So keep your eyes peeled for that first game post.

While it was not my original intention to develop wiki support articles for this particular game, over the last 11 days I have decided to do so. While limited in scope and not necessarily vital for the game's background, the below post-Endor wiki section will give you a deeper understanding into the original An Exhaustive History since the Battle of Endor, posted on November 16th, 2021 in the game thread. For those players that like a easy rider experience, you may choose to stay with the Exhaustive History. For those of you who really want the game's background for both character development and game characteristics, I would encourage you read the articles when you have a chance. As you read the articles, you will notice subtle tie-in's to the greater Paradoxical Echoes Universe (PEU); this was intentional, as to allow players to use previous storylines and characters as they desire to.

God Bless,

Jason
    aka Bravo

@TheAdmiral , @Mitth_Fisto , @TheSilentInfluence , @Sarge

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
  3. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Posted! :cool: A long one, but it was needed to set everything up.

You may determine where you are at in the prison---if at all. Palso will collect however many of you want to be there, then we have the Hunk of Junk waiting for us on the East Platform. We can fly to go pick you up wherever you are at. :) It is assumed since Palso picked your character from a stack of folders, if you are off world, he may know where to find you. Whether by reputation through stories or by actually one-on-one experience, Jim knows enough about you to find you.

@TheAdmiral , @Mitth_Fisto , @TheSilentInfluence , @Sarge

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    Sinrebirth and Sarge like this.
  4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Quick question, based off your post would someone of contacted my character to let him know that is getting picked up / where he needs to go/be?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  5. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    That is up to you. I left that vague on purpose. It gives the player the creative direction.

I probably should have said something. :oops: Sorry BAR!

Sinrebirth likes this.
  6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    @Sarge , that was a beautiful post! Just how I imagined that droid would act, too, in my head. Spot on man, great job.

Sinrebirth and Sarge like this.
  7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I wasn't expecting music to be important to TJ, but all those tunes just seemed to fit. Ever been surprised by what your own character does? I'm wondering what else he'll do that I don't expect.

Sinrebirth and Bravo like this.
  8. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Yeah, I do get surprised at times!

Sinrebirth likes this.
  9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    For me, that's a big part of the fun of writing these things. Characters really do take on a life of their own.

10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    @Mitth_Fisto , @TheSilentInfluence

Great opening posts. Love them! :cool:

Silent, my reply will be a bit delayed---we're going to break free from the prison and then come pick you up. Is that alright?

11. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Yes that's alright. :)

12. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    @TheAdmiral

Awesome post my good friend! :cool: I loved the imaginary. As I did with Silent, Admiral, my reply will be a bit delayed---we're going to break free from the prison and then come pick you up. Is that alright?

Sinrebirth and TheAdmiral like this.
  13. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    Sure thing, I will be busy anyway, until next Wednesday, so that gives me some breathing space!

Also thanks!

14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Did some little improvements to the New Republic Army article today with soldier types, as to give @TheSilentInfluence 's post more context & background. You know, the little things matter. ;)

15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Totally got ahead of myself on that last post with @TheSilentInfluence ! :oops: Thank the Force for the edit button! [face_relieved]

I decided to keep the post regardless and just went with it after a few edits. Not the plan for @Sarge & @Mitth_Fisto to miss Influence and Dash, but---well---it just kind of went in a new direction. This should be fun! :D[face_beatup]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2021
  16. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Merry Christmas everyone! :)

17. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    @Mitth_Fisto ; @TheSilentInfluence ; @TheAdmiral ; @Sarge

For my last post with Mitth, I went ahead and updated Jim Palso's character sheet to reflect the added history; while I did that, I decided to do a few more minor changes here and there with the character sheet. After I got that done, I went ahead and added each of your characters to the wiki as well: Tala Ashe (TheAdmiral), Rishta Ravvel (Mitth_Fisto), Astrea "Wraith" Igarashi (TheSilentInfluence), and R3-TJ (Sarge).

Sarge, you'll be new to this, but everyone else knows the drill. The characters are uploaded to the wiki, allowing us to keep track of characters in the various games, as well as allowing us to edit the character sheets as needed with new information. If you want to change or add something to your character, just let me know and I can add it to the character sheet.

Everyone can find their character under Post Endor under "Story" or under Characters, likewise under "Story"; Post Endor will have only our characters for this game, Characters will have all three games' worth of characters since 2017.

p.s. --- I know Palso's character sheet looks different then everyone else's; when I started the wiki in 2017, Jim was only a "Story Character" (a device we used as a game master character between @Sith-I-5 and myself, using several of them throughout various games---Sith was my long running Assistant Game Master before he passed away). When we stopped the practice and Jim was converted to a Player Character, I just kept what I had for him.

EDIT: Also, the character sheets look a bit different, at least the photo header with the info box under it (it use to be connected as one). After Fandom updated the wiki format and code last year, the info boxes were different and I haven't been able to upload character photos directly into them anymore. So I've had to add the character photos separate, which explains the awkward look compared to the older style character sheets.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
    Mitth_Fisto and Sinrebirth like this.
  18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Looks right to me, @Bravo. It probably won't be long before some more of TJ's background comes to light in game.

Bravo likes this.
  19. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I have a epic post in my head for when you reply with TJ. A course it's only in my head right now---but its like comedy central in there right now. :p

Sarge likes this.
  20. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Sarge likes this.
  21. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I think the character sheets look good too @Bravo. :)

Bravo likes this.
  22. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thank you! :)

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  23. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Sheets look good to me. I guess I’ll work on a dream sequence post. Otherwise I would have no reply except to show him pulling a blanket over his head for Rishta

Bravo and Sarge like this.
  24. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
  25. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    TheSilentInfluence likes this.