main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

OOC Galaxy's Dump (A Paradoxical Echoes OOC/OOG discussion thread)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Bravo, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    First thought: Oh boy.
    Second thought: Ooh, did I trigger this, or was this already in the works?
    Third thought: What will it mean for Gwen? I anxiously await.

2. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001

Its been in the works for the last week. I decided to change around some storyline details on my end to make this surprise work itself into the game and story.

Laine_Snowtrekker likes this.
  3. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    You shoulda seen my face after the Queen said she wanted to come along.

Bravo and Laine_Snowtrekker like this.
  4. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I ran into a technical snag last night (I was up working on it until 1:08am). With that said, I have one more data-entry to sure-up, then I'll have the post up.

I don't want to post without the background information in place, or it doubles my workload, when I have to explain it again in a detailed post.

5. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    It's always interesting to look at the 'Recent Activity' feed on the wiki, that's for certain.

6. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001

Why?

Okay, so it's posted. Finally. [face_party] For the clear point behind this, I'm detailing the events of the Red Rock and that whole storyline BEFORE the events of Intervention & Echoes. I'm not reconstructing the old game; rather, I am bringing the two games together as much as is possible, while keeping them truly separate games. The goal is to have old Intervention & Echoes characters make guest appearances here-and-there throughout the game. Basically, I'm taking what Rogue One tried to do with A New Hope: the story before the story. Also, admittedly, my brain started going down this path when Sith-I-5 connected his characters between both games. So I kind of stole that and made it my own. :p With all of that said, don't worry, Paradoxical Echoes IS NOT a remake of the old games. I'm really honest about that---it has its own separate storyline and is really not going to touch the Red Rock storyline much more beyond this. Yes, guest appearances from the old characters, but those reasons are stated above.

I will be getting to all other posts & tags this week. :)

7. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Cos', Tora Senshi, and the Kingdom of Jod...

Edit: If you want to surprise us in the game, you need to try to keep a lid on telling us things beforehand.

Anyone coming here first, like I did, would have read your paragraph about the Red Rock Kingdom, then gone into the game and seen the relatively obscure Lord Tarla.

You can also try giving your background data on the Wiki, a cryptic title, perhaps to change later, so that Laine_Snowtrekker and I cannot see too early, what you are planning.

For instance, if I spotted:

Recent Wiki Activity
    Another Neglected City

I would probably ignore it, however it's contents could still be Kingdom of Jod, HRI, etc.

Bravo and Laine_Snowtrekker like this.
  8. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Yeah, I had been refreshing the game page since Bravo had said 'tonight' and there was nothing, and then he said, 'I'm putting stuff in the wiki,' so I popped over there and was like, 'Don't I recognize that name from...'

So it's interesting. I mean, I don't get the whole picture til I see the post, but I get the thumbnail, in some respects.

Bravo likes this.
  9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
  10. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Laine_Snowtrekker

Your tag is next on my list, this week.

Well, its good to know---at least---that people pay attention to the wiki. :p

Laine_Snowtrekker likes this.
  11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    galactic-vagabond422 Speedercade, nice.

Any objection to Baille giving Natalia a hug before she gets in the vehicle?

galactic-vagabond422 likes this.
  12. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    If you believe that is what your character would do, and if she bought Natalia's 'Acting' sure, I'll make mention of it in my next post.

She will most likely be very stiff like hugging a tree.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  13. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Peter started as the wife started to walk towards her vehicle

Is this why you didn't want any jedi characters? People who could listen into Englewood's thoughts?

14. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Hey all ---

I am sorry for being MIA this week. I've been extremely sick all week. To top that off, my wife & I were at the hospital with our baby girl until 2 in the morning today. Then add in a hellish week of work. It just all hit at once. Most importantly, our daughter is healthy.

I'm headed to bed---I'm working on less then 3 hours of sleep---and I'm going to get caught back up Friday through Sunday this week for the game. I'm sorry for the delay. :(

****If you need me immediately for anything, just Facebook message me. Its the quickest to get hold of me with my busy work schedule.

15. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Okay, I am back online. I've been battling a combination between the flu and a stomach ulcer and my fever finally broke this morning.

16. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Glad to know you're increasingly on the mend, though please do not push yourself too hard. Healing is definitely more important, in my opinion. :D

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  17. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    What she said ;)

18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Definitely don't push yourself than you already are.

Stomach ulcers are a sign of stress.

19. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Thanks all for the concern.

I know its stress and I know where its coming from. I don't do well with politics at work, especially when I'm being overworked to the point of exhaustion every week. Granted, the overtime pay is nice...ish, but the stress is not. Not after almost 2 years of this. Sorry, I'm ranting.

With that said, I'm having to go bed early again. I made it home, but in stomach pain. So I'm going to take it easy tonight (sorry), and hope for clear sailing tomorrow. If this thing doesn't resolve itself, my wife wants me to go see a doctor, or go to the hospital. My next day off of work is Friday, after the holiday. So we'll see. I'll keep you all posted as needed, but I plan on being online tomorrow baring any health issues.

20. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    If you're not allergic, go to a warehouse and pick up a gallon jug or two of aloe Vera juice. Consult someone in the know but if I remember correctly drink a glass twice a day, morning and evening I think, for a month or two straight. It'll help your body heal the ulcer, but see a doc as well. Some ulcers may start with stress but can have a bacterials that keeps them getting worse.

Bravo and Sith-I-5 like this.
  21. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    Windows 10 update (downloading) has everything backlogged and running so slow I'm timing out on everything. Dang it! :mad:I'll have to try to post tomorrow. Just my luck. Stupid Windows forced updates, shoved it up your tail pipe! [face_plain]

22. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone! :D

I am putting the final story characters into place for the next storyline arch with the Queen and company. Baring any unexpected longer-then-normal family time today, I should have a post up by tonight. :) We're leaving for my wife's parents' house here in about an hour.

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  23. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001
    I have a information-of-shorts post up for everyone. It gives some background information for various people with their posts. :)

I will be getting to tags tomorrow (Friday), in regards to the Queen & company, etc.

24. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Bravo

You should be tagging Laine, not Bardan.

25. Bravo

Bravo Force Ghost star 6

Sep 10, 2001

Ops.... :oops: Thanks.