main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Galaxy's Edge— Oga's Cantina Playlist lyrics translations

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by rktho, Dec 18, 2020.

1. rktho

rktho Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 29, 2020
    Who else can't get enough of DJ R-3X's playlist and wish he'd drop another compilation soon? [raises hand] Anyway, I thought it would be fun to see if we can't piece together the lyrics to the songs featured at Galaxy's Edge and translate them!

I've actually worked out the lyrics to two full songs. Here are my contributions. Yocola Ateema, a drinking song, is perfect for beginner students of Huttese, as it contains simple and clearly-enunciated words. The full lyrics are:

Yocola ateema (Drinks, now!)
    Yocola ateema (Drinks, now!)
    Chowbaso mikiyuna (Welcome, everybody)
    Ateema yocola (Now, drinks!)

The other lyrics are simply repetitions of those four words.

Moulee-rah, a song I enjoy blasting with my speeder windows down, is also fairly simple, although not quite as clearly enunciated.

[Fytee]
    Dobrah moulee-rah nek (I'm [a] money man)
    Jee wamma uba (I pay you [or possibly "you pay me?" Huttese syntax is pretty much nonexistent so it could be either of those.])
    Smeeleeya che jee (smile for me)
    Jee wamma uba! (I pay you)

[RB Snootles]
    Oto moulee-rah (I want money)
    [Fytee]
    Kava! Kava! Kava! Kava! (How much? How much? How much? How much?)
    [RB Snootles]
    Oto moulee-rah (I want money)
    [Fytee]
    Tagwa! Tagwa! Tagwa! Tagwa! (Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!)

I also found someone's unfinished attempt to translate Goola Bukee on Reddit. I think we should finish his work for him! If any of our resident Star Wars language experts want to take a crack at transcribing these songs, this is the thread for you!

Jedi-Spy likes this.