main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Galaxy's Edge Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Pro Scoundrel , Jan 14, 2020.

1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Ok gang, I think it's time we had an official thread for discussion of Galaxy's Edge, so I'm making one. Remember you have to meet the height requirements to post in here, and keep your arms and elbows in at all times. Have fun! :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020
  2. reyvision

reyvision Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 12, 2017
    I got to ride Rise of the Resistance yesterday and let me just tell you: it is amazing. Best ride I've ever been on.

3. Adella7

Adella7 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 8, 2016
    I'm going to Star Wars Galaxy's Edge on the first week of February. It is my first time in this new land. I can't seem to figure out the online boarding reservation system for the Disneyland app.

BookExogorth likes this.
  4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    is under 21 allowed into the Cantina cuz I see reservations for disney world are already limited months in advance of my trip.

5. reyvision

Dec 12, 2017

Yes, all ages are allowed. They have nonalcoholic beverages too. :)

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. Ender_and_Bean

Ender_and_Bean Chosen One star 6

May 19, 2002
    I’m Canadian and going back to Disney World for the first time in my life since I was 9 years old next month! At the time MGM studios had just opened. It was part of the reason we went!

Now with a young family of my own. I have been following the whole virtual boarding pass stuff regarding lining up prior to park open for the rope drop and then getting the pass and am nervous about missing out. I hope things are slightly less insane 30 days from now.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    Adella7 likes this.
  7. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    I was planning on going to GE this summer but with rumors that it might get an OT revamp and me having no attraction to Batuu - I think I'm going to hold off. I've been to DW as recently as Fall of 2018. I can wait another year if they are going to do more with it.

reyvision likes this.
  8. reyvision

Dec 12, 2017
    While I want to ride the ride again asap, I'm a bit terrified of trying the crowds. I was lucky enough to go during cast previews, but I can't imagine when it opens to the public on Friday. I've had friends in Florida say they arrived at 6am and they still didn't manage to get into a boarding group.

The ride also breaks down a LOT. It broke down for over an hour while we were in line on Monday. I mean, it was worth it completely, I'd have waited 5 hours for the ride, but when the ride breaks down, it takes 40-60 minutes for it to "reboot" and it often breaks down multiple times throughout the day. While it is an amazing, incredible ride.... there's a lot of kinks to work out.

Adella7 and 2Cleva like this.
  9. Adella7

Feb 8, 2016
    Can you visit Droid Depot and Savi's Workshop to look at other merchandise instead of making droids and lightsabers?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    BookExogorth likes this.
  10. reyvision

Dec 12, 2017
    You can visit the Droid Depot even without building a droid, but not Savi's Workshop. Savi's is only for people actually building their own lightsaber. But you can still view and buy the legacy sabers and kyber crystals in Dok-Ondar's Den of Antiquities.

Ruffmeian, BookExogorth and Adella7 like this.
  11. Adella7

Feb 8, 2016
    How much is the Blue or Green Milk ? I would like to know if it is taste good?

BookExogorth likes this.
  12. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I went there and now I'm lost and can't get out! Help!

Jedi Bluth and darthhelinith like this.
  13. Ruffmeian

Ruffmeian Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    I think it was $7.99. The blue is... watermelon and lime. And the green was more citrusy- like oranges and grapefruit. They list the flavors on the board.

Totally different flavors. I personally couldn’t finish one on my own, because it’s a little too heavy and chalky, but worth a buy!

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  14. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    "Rise of the Resistance" is opening in Disneyland today. Anyone going? I'd love to hear about the crowds and your experience.

15. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    I want to do the saber building experience with my kids but I’ve heard some say it takes 2 hours and others 45 mins. That’s beyond any lineups. I’d be slightly worried of losing a big part of my day to it all but I guess beyond ROTS, SR, walking around, and/or going to the bar, there’s only so much to see over a full day. So maybe I can fit it in. I’ve heard it’s better than droid building and we have a nice BB8 remote droid for our home already.

BookExogorth likes this.
  16. Adella7

Feb 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2020
    TiniTinyTony and BookExogorth like this.
  17. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002

Meanwhile, more than a month past opening at Disney World it’s still insanely hard to get on.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    Adella7 likes this.
  18. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    Aaargh....crowds!

Lady Mary likes this.
  19. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    Every booking for build your own lightsaber is sold out from now to like 30 days from now.

Galaxy’s Edge is unquestionably picking up in demand now that there’s more than one ride.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    indydefense likes this.
  20. Adella7

Feb 8, 2016
    I'm going on the Rise of the Resistance ride alone next month. Does the Virtual Queue accept one person to join a group of people prior to getting on the ride? It would be nice if they had Single Rider for ROTR in the future.:eek::eek:

21. Ender_and_Bean

May 19, 2002
    Regarding Smugglers run, to they kind of force you to get to your stations quick or can you tour the Falcon a bit?

22. Adella7

Feb 8, 2016
    I'm still a little bit nervous about getting a seat on Rise of the Resistance. I am afraid that the virtual queue might sell out in seconds. Its the Disneyland app that will make matters worse by reserving a spot on the ride. I will get to the park early at 8:00 am on Tuesday morning.​

23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm probably never going :(

24. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Good luck, let us know how it goes!
    Why not?

25. Ruffmeian

Ruffmeian Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    [/QUOTE]
    I’ve been on it four times. Three times we were able to take pictures and explore. It’s not massive where you wait- just like a common room area. One time there was a few minutes before they start calling for pilots and whatnot to line up. But it’s generally enough time to see everything.

Two hours? Not in my experience. They’re very efficient with their reservations. If you have one and show up 5 minutes before, you’re very near if not exactly to the reservation time. Every time I’ve booked at Savi’s I did it during the evening, as the last thing to do. This was particularly useful with the virtual queue. The droids are very fun, but if I had to pick between which, I’d 100% say Savi’s experience tops it all.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020