main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Gallery emptied...

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Marmida, Mar 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marmida

Marmida Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 22, 2004
    It's over now!
    I've removed all my stuff from all my galleries.
    The reason is that one person used my art on her icon without my permission. Or, actually she THOUGHT that she asked but the request never reached me, which made me very pissed and angry and I paniced!
    Nevertheless, even though it was an 'accident', I don't want to risk it more, for my DRL is extremely busy and I'm overstressed allready, so it's easier to just remove all and not to worry about it.

If anyone has taken some of my art, please destroy it or don't show it in public (meaning the internet, e-mails and such)

And I'm going to write some rules which would be nice to take to use on these forums. It would save lots of headache from many people.

Goodbye!

Marmida

2. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Wow! Those are all really good! :) I particularly like that first Obi-Wan, and Alpha! :)

Please, post more soon :)

3. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hey, Marmida, welcome to the Forum, and thanks for sharing your work. I particularly like your pencil-work (it's my own favorite medium), but all of it is very good! I think my favorite of these pieces is "Obi Rocks:" it has very powerful movement and emotion, and you handled the pose he's in and his facial features very well. Your proportions and shading are very good in all your figures, and your ability to give "volume" to your work is excellent (I really like your Photoshop Jedi--wonderful use of shading with color there). Nice OCs, as well (it's tough, sometimes, to make those "come to life!"). Very nice work, and we're looking forward to seeing a lot more! :D

FF

4. Esira

Esira Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2005
    Wow, that airbrush photoshop one is verry nice! :eek: Theres a lot of movement and the different shades are good too! Nice work!
    Question: Did you do that with a mouse? If so then I am very impressed!!!

I like the obi-wan ones too, you have a very nice drawing style! Post more! :D

5. Jetscream

Jetscream Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2005
    Very Good!! :D Your little brother seems like clones like me. :) He´s good boy. :)
    I would like to see moore of your work.
    :D

Jetscream

6. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
    Edit:post emptied

7. Jetscream

Mar 9, 2005
    OH! Exiting! I´m waiting! :D

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Welcome to the Fan Art forum, Marmida!

You have some very nice art here. I particularly like 'Obi-Rocks' and the one done in PS. You are able to capture a person's emotion and features with little manipulation. Just something I'd like to point out in the drawing of Anakin and Obi-Wan - their faces and upper torsos look very good but when you get down to the legs and feet, things start to get a little out of proportion. Their legs appear too skinny/small for the rest of the body. Just something to look out for. :)

I can't wait to see what else you have in store for us! :D

9. DkSavior02

DkSavior02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    This is some great work, post some more soon. I like the one of Obi-wan and Anakin the best, the shading work in it is nice and soft and I think it helps bring out a more fluid look to their robes, and helps them look more.. three dimensional I suppose, with all the folds and overlays..

10. DarthMaul431

DarthMaul431 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2003
    Really nice work with Tieryo (sorry if I spelled her name wrong). I give you a lot of credit with being so patient in making it for that long. Since you did it in school, how many days did it take you to do?

11. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
    Edit:post emptied

12. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    I really like your use of color, Marmida, particularly with the "dark lady"--very bold and interesting, with the bright colors near the bottom of her garments. I like your "overly 'sweet' drawing" too--again, the color is very nice, and Obi's likeness is pretty good there! The wallpapers are well executed, as well--I like the first one best. Looking forward to seeing more!

FF

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ooo...I really like your 'overly sweet' drawing. Have you've done covers for fan fiction in the past? Your style(especially in this piece) looks like some fan fiction covers I've seen in the index. If you don't, it must have been coincidence then. Anyway, this one is very nicely done. I love the poses you have the characters in and the shading and detail gone into it. Awesome job! :)

14. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    Wow! These are lovely! :) I particulary like the unnamed OC girl. :D

15. DkSavior02

DkSavior02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 22, 2004
    I really like the overly sweet pic. What did you use to create that? I'm curious.

16. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
    Edit Post emptied

17. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    WOW! Really good work, Marmida! :D
    And most respect to your drawing you did with your mouse!! :)

Really well done! :)

18. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
    Danke Schön, Skiara! :D :D

Marmida

19. Jetscream

Mar 9, 2005
    Very very good!! I liked most that Rabe and Aadima picture. But very good! :) :D

20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    In the one that won the award, you mentioned that you were inspired by designs of Padme. Well, you can really see that in the drawing - especially in the clothes design and the hairdo.

For some reason, I'm liking the quick pencil sketck of the 'padmeish' character. The way you shaded it adds a very dramatic effect to it - especially in the heavy shadows being cast on the face. Nice job! :D

21. Marmida

Nov 22, 2004
    edit:post emptied

22. HawkHeadKentil

HawkHeadKentil Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 27, 2003
    That's right!! Obi-Wan is the man, and your art work is quite delightful.

23. Ice_Ghost11

Ice_Ghost11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2005
    Hey Marmida,

Those are great! Out of all the ones you posted, the one I like the best is that first one you posted of Obi-Wan! It was just great! The face looked great. :D

The other one I liked was the first OC girl you posted. I really like the style in which you did the eyes and facial features. Great stuff, gal! Keep it up! :D

24. Padme_0421

Padme_0421 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2005
    Wow that picture you did for the contest is so awesome! I am so jealous of how good you are, you ahve no idea lol. I love your other work too it is tres belle (some French there haha). Well, I hope to see more of your work later!

~KT

25. eequo

eequo Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2004
    I must say, those are some excellent drawings. Keep up the good work! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.