main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion UPDATED: Game of Thrones Creators NOT to Write/Produce a New Series of Star Wars Films

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Diego Lucas, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    And Buster Keaton is responsible for the jokes. Laurel and Hardy are hired to play Sith Lords.
    The movie will be called "SCHTONK"

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
    Baron_Papanerd and EHT like this.
  2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    "Great, another white, heterosexual, male director. Totally tone deaf." says many disgruntled Star Wars fans, questioning LFL's commitment to diverse hiring, and apparently, unimpressed by the channeling of a disembodied spirit.

"This is Star Wars! We're used to ghosts. But, we've never seen a female ghost, in front of OR behind the camera. LFL should be taking the lead on this issue.";)

Jedi Merkurian , Krueger and EHT like this.
  3. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I know nothing of the video game KOTOR; I only thought the trailers were intriguing. A movie that is something like those would be cool if well done.

I seriously doubt they will make the movies based on those. I'm sure these guys want more creative freedom than that, and probably will be given the freedom so long as they don't do anything that KK/LFL/Disney really don't like. That seems to be the way it has gone- Rian and JJ seem to have been given a lot of freedom (as evidenced by what they say in interviews and the movies they have made); but I think that is because KK/LFL/Disney liked what they came up with. My guess is that all of those who were fired used the "freedom" in a way that KK/LFL/Disney didn't like, weren't flexible to falling in line, and were fired.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  4. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Why guess, it's fairly well documented.

5. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I wonder if this will be any different though. Allegedly, these guys are signed on for a series of movies; but what happens if those in charge don't like what they are doing at some point? Will they go the way of the other fired directors? It seems precarious that they would give these guys a whole series of movies when they don't know if they will even work out. With Rian I could see it because he has already worked out for them in making a SW movie.

6. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    They are a lot better fit than Lord and Miller though. GoT is not a lot different from Star Wars save for the setting, time period and the adult rating. There are a lot of similarities in not only the structure of the story telling but also the production. Given a bigger budget, a smaller product (in terms of screen time), more time and resources I'm quite confident they can pull it off.

7. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I would watch it. :-B :p

EHT likes this.
  8. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    There is truth to what to what you say here, but it is a little bit of apples and oranges because GOT, while it has some similarities for sure, is not SW, there are some significant differences. Plus, the writing for the new SW saga that they will be working on will not be based off of a book; they will be entirely writing as well as screen writing from what I understand. They are a better fit than the others that have been fired, I would agree, but I still see the potential for problems if LFL/Disney doesn't see eye to eye with them on the stories. Perhaps there was a different approach in their recruitment efforts this time, who knows. I'm certainly thrilled with the idea that these guys are going to be making a SW movie.

9. KamenSentaiMetalHero

KamenSentaiMetalHero Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 19, 2017
    No! no more!! We had too much OT-related material

10. KamenSentaiMetalHero

Dec 19, 2017
    Is that to show how many times fans have claimed Star Wars to be dead.

IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  11. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Star Wars drinking game: Anytime somebody suggests that the Game of Thrones dudes should make a KOTOR movie take a drink.

12. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    They'll do KOTOR with dragons. ;)

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  14. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Tales of the Jedi. If they can capture the way this makes me feel I'd be happy.

[​IMG]

Glitterstimm and kalzeth like this.
  15. KamenSentaiMetalHero

Dec 19, 2017
    I'm surprised you didn't add 2013 that's when TCW was cancelled and fans are still sore about it

16. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    The Mandalorian Wars (in a way that doesn't repeat Legends one) is fertile ground for a film series. Would love to have Manolorian culture/clans explored on a Mandalore before major devesation because of the war.

Dark siders could still show up as the Sith, but unlike traditional Star Wars, them and their allies are not the main threat to the Jedi and the Republic. I would even prefer if their is no true alliance between mandos and sith at this time. However some post war Mandos allying with the Sith could work with their falling away from power and a want for revenge against Republic/Jedi for having lost the war.

We also know the darksaber was created by the 1st mandalorian Jedi. Though it's possible this happened long before or after the wars, his journey to become a Jedi would be more interesting if at the same time Mandos are at war with the Republic.

kalzeth likes this.
  17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    It's before - because, the Mandalorians stole the Darksaber from the Jedi Temple during "the fall of the Old Republic" - and it was created more than 1000 years before the present.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Darksaber

Given that the Sith occupied Coruscant for a while before being ousted in the last great war - I think it works as follows:

Sith war against Old Republic.

Sith occupy Coruscant - including the Jedi Temple. Old Republic is described as having "fallen". Mandalorians sneak into the Temple during the fighting and abscond with the Darksaber. Possibly they were hired to fight for the Sith, and leave after getting what they temporarily allied with the Sith, for.

Sith are ousted from Coruscant, and believed destroyed. This takes place roughly 1000 years before TPM. "Republic" as opposed to "Old Republic" is formed.

18. CrazyOldJedi

Oct 29, 2000
    It's a given that the Dark Saber will not make it to the big screen. Along with heli-sabers and Force warthog.

19. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Technically...there was a dragon in KOTOR. :p
    [​IMG]

20. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    What you just said still leaves questions about when the darksaber was created in relation to when the mandalorian wars happened. He could have made it before the Mandalorisn wars or during them. Or in the timeframe between that conflict and the final Sith vs Jedi war, aka "fall of the old republic".

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
  21. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    This bit:

However, it was taken by Mandalorians of House Vizsla, who raided the Jedi Temple during the Old Republic's fall.[3][4] Descendants of House Vizsla used it to kill many Jedi[2] and rule all of Mandalore for many years.[3]

makes me think that after the theft of the Darksaber during the fall of the Old Republic, the Vizsla clan warred with the others, as well as with the Jedi - "Mandalorian Wars" - won, and ruled Mandalore for a while.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    I interpret the Mandalorian wars being a seperate event before the Jedi vs Sith final war. We know eventually the mandalorians lost a whole lot because of the war. Most of their planet became uninhabitable. It doesn't make sense for the Republic to be able to achieve this victory while falling apart via Sith. Though perhaps I'm wrong. I hope it is clarified someday.

darklordoftech likes this.
  23. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    It's implied that planetary devastation of Mando worlds is entirely due to their own infighting in TCW, as I recall.

24. StarWarsFan91

Oct 14, 2008
    The canon section of Mandalorian vs Jedi war on wookipedia says the planet got scourched at the end of the war.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian-Jedi_War

Then their is also this.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mandalorian_cataclysm

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  25. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.