main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion UPDATED: Game of Thrones Creators NOT to Write/Produce a New Series of Star Wars Films

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by Diego Lucas, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I'd also say that Benioff got his journeyman hack screenwriting out of the way relatively early in his career; he really has carte blanche to do what he wants post-GoT (as evidenced by he and D.B. Weiss being given the keys to what I'd say is going to be half of the Star Wars film releases over the next decade) instead of taking whatever screenwriting job falls into his lap, so hopefully that translates to better projects from him going forward.

And I agree with Mullet: taking GRRM's material and basically bludgeoning it into a shape that fits serialized television is far different than GRRM doing all the work for them; the heavy lifting, i.e. the narrative itself, the world-building, and characters are taken care of, but a lot of very careful work has to go into adaptation, especially with a story as dense (and incomplete) as GoT. What they've done with GoT is no small feat. It probes to me that they're able to handle a big, sprawling narrative packed with characters and with a deep lore going back thousands of years, which is exactly what I suspect their kind of Star Wars is going to require. The only question remains: will their work be at the same level of quality when they build the narrative, world-building, and characters on their own?

Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    Right. I mean, does Peter Jackson get zero credit for adapting LOTR?

Darkslayer likes this.
  3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Actually, he doesn't from some factions, including Tolkien's son. It's a shame.

Darkslayer likes this.
  4. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah. As a longtime Tolkien fan, I do think the films miss the spirit of the books and are overrated from both a script and visual perspective. That said, even if you don’t like Jackon’s melodramatic style (me), you simply can’t deny that adapting those sprawling books, successfully for so many critics and audiences, was a huge and difficult achievement. And you can’t deny that he gets far more credit than criticism for it.

5. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Agreed, I think it's just a matter of the same types of fans, of both authors, are the ones making a stink. The uber purists are mad, and the regular folk are ecstatic.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  6. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012

Could Episode X possibly be what these guys might be doing [face_thinking][face_shhh]

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
  8. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    The video you posted is from Mike Zeroh.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Mike Zeroh is the director of Episode X. Confirmed.

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    More like Episode 0. Is this thing on?

dlbates, Trikuza23, B3 and 7 others like this.
  11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    [​IMG]

12. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I'd like for the Sith to be a single order that exists from when the Jedi begin until ROTJ rather than a bunch of orders that give the same Jedi Order trouble.

Darkslayer likes this.
  13. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    LOL it'll basically be three hours of Force ghosts and flashbacks, with Sith being produced by the battalions out of former Imperial research facilities on Jakku, Knights of Ren turning out to be all related to the Skywalkers and it would "appear Plagueis is behind everything, including the war." Luke isn't really dead, and Ahsoka is Rey's adoptive mother...

OH, and young Palpatine...

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    dlbates and EHT like this.
  14. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    So, I am supposing these will be the first movies after 9- to introduce the new SW characters and storylines after the close of the Skywalker saga (in terms of closing that chapter of SW, not necessarily in the timeline of the GFFA). Definitely what I am most looking forward to in the future of SW. Will watch the R1 prequel TV show, but not as excited about it because I know how that ends already. I hope D&D really push some boundaries with this.

kalzeth likes this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I wonder if Benioff and Weiss will basically just roll the crew from Game of Throne over to Star Wars? Hell, maybe they're just doing a Qi'Ra Saga series!

16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I would not object to the cast of GoT being rolled into their Star Wars films. There’s not one bad actor among them.

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I love if all actors from all seasons of game of thrones got some parts of star wars from main to side to minor characters as long as they are there. Stannis would be perfect imperial officer, a Tarkin like character who would command the scene. Jaime would be rerfect for either jedi or sith.;)

Bor Mullet likes this.
  18. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Stephen Dillane (Stannis) was born to play a bad guy in Star Wars. It would be a tragedy to not get him into one of these films.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    So i been thinking of how this big galaxy conflict of old republic would start. we would no doubt have jedi and sith as mortal enemies. But think like prequels we could see sepratist groups in the series who either joins the sith or work alone, and then we have the only military force who could fight both sith and the republic, The Mandalorians. We could get with the text of the movie begin with death of the great mandalorion Tarre Vizsla, who held them together and trough him they were are force no one dared fight. With his passing we could see shift of power on Mandalore. We could see possible the first great Mandalorion war with the jedi. I think that for once in movies we could have enemies that are not sith or sith related, but rather spartan-like warriors who fight jedi for a living. I think timeline wise we be around 3-4 before the saga movies, but after forming of republic ad creation of the sith. we get some backstory of that in text and dialouge. this might begin a conflict like clone wars only larger, instead of two forces fighting we could have 4 fighting for diffrent reasons. I think of the sith, the jedi, the mandalorins and sepratist groups.
    I might totally wrong it simply jedi vs sith, but i love if were more factions more comlpexed then just jedi and sith. those other groups could be fighting to get away from the republic and be neutral and just joining the sith. Mandalorions after Vizsla dies i think goes into their war with the jedi, maybe blames them for his death or the jedi and republic does something the mandalorions can't forgive them for.
    This is just something i've been thinking of, in a way i'm more anticipated for this then rhian's trilogy but thats because i don't know what he is making.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  20. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    If it's KOTOR-based, then Sean Bean should play Trask. Perfect fit!

Revanfan1, Bor Mullet and Oissan like this.
  21. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I think if Sean Bean was cast in a Star Wars film or TV show, the fandom would erupt in glee. Until he was killed by the end of the first film or season, that is.

22. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I've always had the impression that SW is missing Sean Bean. Needs to happen.

Trikuza23 likes this.
  23. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    That was joke. In KOTOR, Trask dies almost immediately :p

24. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002

We are probably getting both a post Sequel trilogy and some Old Republic movies, but its yet to be confirmed.

Jedi Knight Fett and Darkslayer like this.
  25. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    That’s my guess as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.