main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Game Of Thrones (uh i guess it's done now? Edit: No!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 17, 2011.

1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  2. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  3. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Prequel series officially ordered by HBO:

The network has ordered a prequel drama from writer Jane Goldman (Kingsman: The Secret Service, X-Men: First Class, Kick-Ass) and author George R.R. Martin. The network has released an official description of the show’s storyline, and it’s another tale spread across multiple locations and clans: “Taking place thousands of years before the events of Game of Thrones, the series chronicles the world’s descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. And only one thing is for sure: from the horrifying secrets of Westeros’s history to the true origin of the white walkers, the mysteries of the East, to the Starks of legend … it’s not the story we think we know.”

http://ew.com/tv/2018/06/08/game-thrones-prequel-jane-goldman/

If it must be a prequel, at least it's entirely different characters due to the time frame, and there is plenty of scope.

But have we not seen the true origin of the white walkers?

5. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    What we think we know may not be wight.

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    [​IMG]

7. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  8. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Emilia Clarke filmed her last scene. You can hit play on this quick item about it but I think there is a spoiler line it in. Beware.

Jedi Merkurian , Ava G. and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  9. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    The internet was buzzing last week concerning Sophie Turner's tattoo as people thought it was a spoiler, but it's not.

Personally, I recently discovered Funny or Die's "Gay of Thrones" where hairstylist Jonathan Van Ness ("Netflix's Queer Eye") recaps episodes of Game of Thrones. I believe he starts with Season 3. I watched the one with Alfie Allen and it was hilarious. I enjoy watching old recaps because it reminds me of stuff I've already forgotten about and seeing Jonatan Van Ness's reactions reminds me how excited I was when I first watched it.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  10. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    But then again, she would make sure we thought it wasn't a spoiler, even if it is one. After the Jon Snow outright lie, I don't trust anything until proven otherwise by the show itself.

yankee8255 likes this.
  11. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  12. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    sounds interesting, but I’m a little disappointed as I was hoping for a series based on the dance of dragons.

13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Well, the prequel series has to end with White Walkers Winning, long night happens. End of the world. So, logically, if that's how the prequel series ends, then the mainline Game of Thrones will go defeating White Walkers, no long night, saving the world, whoohoo! They kind of called their shot when Jon was on the ice with his buddies and mused "hey, if we kill the head guy they'll all go down!"

15. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
  16. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Please could you can let me know when the show is a week away from airing? Then I can do my “animals sing the GoT theme tune daily countdown.”

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  18. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  20. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Does that mean the other four are canceled or just put on hold? It would be logically correct to wait alittle for the other shows so they can think there strategy, I just hope nothing is canceled.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
  21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    It seems they American Idol'd the 4 Game of Thrones spin-offs and the winner is the one that is going to go into production. So no other Game of Thrones spin off. Just yet. Maybe 2 years after the prequel is up and running they might dip back into the pool but they aren't going full multiple GoT series.

22. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Sometimes. I wonder if they will do sequel projects as well in the distant.future.

23. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    They're probably wanting to see how much traction a sequel is even capable of with the current show's audience before going full speed ahead on multiple series. As expensive as GoT is to produce you can hardly blame them.

24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    There were never ever going to be 5 GoT-related series released at once, it was so exaggerated by the media. They were brainstorming 3-5 ideas, and whoever came up with the best scripts and had the best sales pitch would get the job.

25. black_saber

Apr 4, 2002
    Maybe soo, but the one prequal show that is coming out now, you can still bet it won't be the only one..

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018