main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Game Of Thrones (uh i guess it's done now? Edit: No!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 17, 2011.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Yeah I'm sure they best idea is airing now and will tell its story in x number of years, and then production will start on best idea #2, and rinse and repeat. Positive net flows for HBO.

Speaking of which, I had HBO for free for a year through Verizon Fios and the free period just ended. Cancelled it. I'll have to look into Go/Now this time next year for the final season.

2. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Plus George RR martin did say the other four projects where on hold and shelved for now. Everything.is becoming expansive.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2018
  3. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  4. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Maybe when I win the lottery.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
  5. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    A few things being advertised here, along with a few seconds of GoT season 8.

6. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I watched the video last night and again today and I'm not seeing what's being referred to as Season 8 footage. It looks like all recycled Season 7 stuff.

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    So, this is why @heels1785 is opposed to you posting io9 non-stories.

dp4m and heels1785 like this.
  9. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    It's not a non-story! We have to wait an extra two months for GoT and see the fanfiction end!

heels1785 and Diggy like this.
  10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Two months from a date that was pure speculation.

Please don't make me agree with @heels1785 , it causes me to throw up in my mouth. And then over whatever is within ten feet.

dp4m likes this.
  11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    don't see it as agreeing with me

see it as agreeing with humanity

dp4m is bad, as is io9

Diggy and dp4m like this.
  12. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  13. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  14. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Dinklage talking about Dany and John Snow getting together

“No, ah, it’s complicated…” Dinklage says. “A lot of the time with Tyrion, it’s professional and personal. Obviously, he has feelings for Daenerys. He loves her — or thinks he does. She’s awe-inspiring. He’s questioning that because he doesn’t have a good track record for falling in love. There’s jealousy wrapped up in there. And he loves Jon Snow, too. They’re the two people he has the most in common with, in a way — they’re both outsiders in their own families who have refused to follow the path their family has taken, and hopefully for the better. He’s wondering how smart of a move [Jon and Dany getting romantically involved is], because passion and politics don’t mix well. He knows the two of them getting together could be very dangerous.”

16. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I'm still hoping for a Tyrion-Sansa marriage. There aren't many sanrion shippers but I am one of them.

At the very least I am looking forward to their reunion.

Abadacus likes this.
  17. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Technically they were never divorced :p

18. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    This is from 2016:

In an interview with Yahoo TV, Tom Wlaschiha, the actor behind Jaqen, admitted that he thinks "it’s all part of a bigger plan — that he decided to be [thrown into the Black Cells at King’s Landing] in the first place to meet Arya. But in which way exactly their story is going to continue? No idea.” So maybe he doesn't have a definite idea of what's going on, but as the man who plays the character, he's got to have some sort of insight, right? Right.

19. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm pretty convinced at this point that the series is going to end like Lost with some "all religions are right!" mumbo-jumbo and dead people come back to say wuzzup. Also some characters will ride off in a van on a horse into the horizon to accomplish some half-completed mission that wasn't entirely tied up in the main plot, so fans can hope for a sequel that will never be made.

Jokes aside, that will probably all happen.

Point Given likes this.
  20. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I suspect the ending will be controversial and likely a lot of people will not like it, kit Harrington said as much in a recent interview. I suspect it will be bittersweet-but how bitter and how sweet and how they relate together will be the interesting part.

Ghost and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    I think Jon Snow will sit on a throne. I think when Dany finds out he has the claim she will break and try to kill him. Not sure who will kill her, Snow, Tyrion, Arya?

22. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    The Hound will be king, and when they hand him the crown he’ll say “**** off ****!” and give it to Arya.

Or even better, Bronn becomes king and the show ends with him saying “Finally, I got me bloody castle!”

I want an ending that can’t be guessed. I wouldn’t mind Jon or Dany on the throne at all, but I’d love for something crazy to happen.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  23. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I imagine it won't be that out of left field. It will probably have a lot of people dying though.

24. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I keep hearing the term bittersweet. Does anyone have an example of a show or movie that made them felt bittersweet, but also satisfied? It feels like if it's bittersweet then it will also be unsatisfying.

25. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    They win the war but the cost is high. Pyrrhic victory, I think it is called.
    The realm won’t recover for generations. Families are torn apart, and never recover, etc.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.