main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Game Of Thrones (uh i guess it's done now? Edit: No!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Dany will live while being pregnant with Jon's baby. Jon will die the same time as the Night King. So they both kill each other. Sansa lives because Arya saved her. Arya dies as well sacrificing herself.

2. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    I think bran will die making a warging sacrifice

Sansa I think will end up warden of the north

Ayra will go west of westros

Jon will live with Dany’s child

But dany will die

Leaving a half stark / half targeryan in whatever is left of throne and a new age begins.

Sam will survive.

I think everyone else is dead

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I sort of feel like it's retrograding if Dany's purpose in the show ends up being the mother of savior kid in the end. I mean that's what the Khal Drogo plot was about, and one of the reasons the first book was awesome. You expected, just like the characters, that Dany would fit the role of mother-of-the-savior. Instead her husband dies, her kid dies, and she ends up being the savior. Her taking on the name "Mother of Dragons" is a bit whimsical -- she's the creator of miracles and the impossible, since dragons aren't supposed to exist anymore (and she's proven time and time again she's capable of performing the impossible). If she ends up having a kid with Jon, the series wraps with "Dany's destiny is to have savior kid". I'd rather they leave any promise of the kid out or leave it up in the air. Too often stories end with the woman having a kid (worse the dead hero's kid), as if the ultimate destiny of women is to reproduce so we have have a happy ending and maybe sequels and the idea is the male hero's spirit lives on somehow in the kid.

But it'll probably happen.

4. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Mr Friendzone speaks.

5. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    At this point, the character I'm attached to most is Arya. I want her to live. Anybody else could die at this point, as long as Arya lives I'll be satisfied.

So she's totally going to die.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I am okay with the 2nd Darkest Timeline ending. Darkest Timeline ending is White Walkers kill everybody in Westeros. 2nd Darkest Timeline ending is Jon's and Our Heroes stop the White Walkers and at Cerci's celebration it's Red Wedding Mark II: The Redder Mess.

But I think Cerci is Most Likely to Die by Kingslayer's Hand cuz she's gonna green fire burn everyone like the Mad King and Jamie is stuck in the same damn position again.

7. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I really hope that's not the case, simply because it just makes everyone sound so dumb to trust Cersei at this point. That'd just be such a lame ending for frankly ANY of the surviving characters. I wouldn't be surprised if that happens, but it's still be a bit cheap to me.

8. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    My darkest timeline is the season doesn’t get released until George finishes writing the book series.

So never.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    yankee8255 likes this.
  9. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  10. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  11. laurethiel1138

laurethiel1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 6, 2003
    Astounding.

When art imitates life…or vice-versa.

Emilia could claim the title of the Unburnt for herself. No wonder she's so fierce as Daenerys.

Gamma626 likes this.
  12. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Okay.

13. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  14. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Two cool articles, one on Sophie Turner and Maisie Willams POV of Growing Up Game of Thrones

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies...r-story-maisie-williams-sophie-turner-812203/

opinion piece from AV Club on the show ending a story that started in the books

https://www.avclub.com/game-of-thrones-is-doing-what-its-source-material-could-1833268031

While Game Of Thrones has only gotten more popular over time, fans (and some critics) have taken the show to task for moving away from the brutal anything-goes nature of the first few seasons and into a more conventional fantasy structure as it nears its conclusion. Nothing has quite matched the shock of season three’s “Red Wedding” set piece, and while that’s probably for the best (a show that keeps grinding through its cast solely to generate dramatic heat is eventually going to run out of live meat), seeing traditional heroes and heroines like Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen take center stage seems, to some, like a betrayal of what made GOT special in the first place. Because these changes seemed to come around the time the show outpaced Martin’s writing, the showrunners have become easy targets for what went “wrong.”

I asked Myles McNutt, who writes The A.V. Club’s “Expert” Game Of Thronesrecaps, what he thought of the complaints. He told me:

“My general feeling on this is that Thrones is doing what a TV show does when it’s ending: trimming down story, removing pieces from the board, simplifying conflict. And this is what Martin has shown himself fundamentally unwilling to do as of yet. And so while I ultimately take the showrunners at their word that big picture story ideas are things Martin has given them fair warning on, there’s an efficiency to the show now that we’ve never seen Martin be capable of, which does create a very different feel.”

That suggests something of a reversal: Game Of Thrones isn’t just telling the rest of Martin’s story before he can finish it himself; the show is doing it better than he could. Whether or not that proves to be true, most of the apparent changes are things that were inherent in the text from the start. Martin introduced the White Walker threat in the prologue of the very first book in the series. They were always intended as the end-game threat, to add context and tension to the constant political intrigue and scrambling of the main storylines. As the lords and ladies of the various kingdoms struggled for the throne, the fighting keeps them from realizing the real danger until it’s practically at their doorstep.

It’s a clever device and a good hook to pull in readers. The problem is, it’s a setup that can only really end one of two ways. Either the humans realize the threat before it’s too late, banding together and holding back the monsters and defeating them once and for all; or they don’t, the monsters win, and everyone dies. The latter is a bummer, but it’s still perfectly viable—up to a point. A single book, hell, even a trilogy of books, could probably get away with a downbeat ending. But five books and counting? (Or eight seasons, if you prefer.) It’s hard to imagine satisfying anyone if you spent millions of words and over two decades solely to tell us “people suck, and then get eaten.”

16. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    reading into a paragraph from that Rolling Stone article, potential spoilers

For her part, Turner totally cried, “because I cry at everything,” she says. She was particularly moved when Benioff and Weiss presented her with a storyboard of their favorite Sansa scene, which happened to be her very last scene of the entire show. Turner already has it hanging at home; no one’s noticed.

This makes me think Sansa at least survives, I mean, does anyone think a wrap gift for Turner after a decade would be "Here's the storyboard of our favourite scene, you being eaten by a White Walker!" I mean, it COULD, but not likely.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  18. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    She could have a very dark sense of humor

some actors crave a good death scene

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    well since it was

a storyboarded scene it could imply that there was VFX involved - dragons! white walkers! Fire! - but I also tend to think probably every shot in Game of Thrones is storyboarded VFX or not

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  21. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    The longest entry in the MCU and the longest GOT ever in the same weekend.

Someone hold me.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  23. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I really like these videos, I wonder why Theon hasn't gotten one yet.

24. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  25. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    So fun little story...

My boss Pete and his wife were watching GOT together, but at some point, I guess she became uninterested. After a couple of tries and her declining, he decided to continue on without her AND without her knowledge of doing so. He finished a few months ago, and currently she's interested again. So now he's re-watching episodes he's already seen in the 4th season, and pretending to be surprised i.e. the Mountain and the Viper episode. She went back to uninterested and appears to be in no rush to catch up before the Season 8 finale.

My boss loves the show (obv) and he's now re-watching Season 7 to be refreshed and ready for Season 8. He just finished ep 6 and was going to start 7 when he heard her walk in the door from work. He quickly shut if off so she didn't catch him. We had a little chuckle about that.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.