main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Game Of Thrones (uh i guess it's done now? Edit: No!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Worse. You’re in lock down, you have very little to enjoy, but at least GoT is coming. And then you get that ****?

Adam of Nuchtern likes this.
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Im right now in stages off rewatching the show after 2 years since the finale. I missed it and even with the last season being ok to meh. I still love this series, i missed the starks, lannisters and Targaryens. I probaly will watch the spin off and like them, så i love this fantasy world.

3. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I’m currently giving GoT a rewatch. I think Pycelle farting is my favourite scene. Close second is hold the door. Third is the Oberyn/Mountain trial by combat - especially the Pycelle hypemaster fail. What’s your favourite scenes?

Bor Mullet and Darth Smurf like this.
  4. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Hodor of course, Ramsay's pork sausage, Dracarys

And all the scenes of Olenna Tyrell

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  5. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Everything between the opening of Winter Is Coming to the closing credits of The Iron Throne.

Okay, I could probably do without the Dorne subplot.

tymaux likes this.
  6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Nearly all of "Blackwater" from what I can recall.

TX-20 likes this.
  7. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Still get chills watching the opening scene from Winter Is Coming.

8. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    [​IMG]
    The Night King invites more people to an already crowded house party.

9. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Agreed. I actually thought it ended quite well. Not perfectly, but certainly not the disaster that many thought it was. I think it’s because I didn’t belong to character camps (Team Dany, Team Snow, etc), or shipping gaggles, and so wasn’t upset that characters didn’t end up the way I wanted them too. Especially with John Snow. I thought he had a perfect Frodo-esque ending. Riding off into the wild. He never wanted power. He just wanted to follow his bliss into the far north.

The only thing I really wished they’d done is put Dany more in a corner before she burned down King’s Land. Such as embedded those massive crossbows among population centers so that she felt she had to destroy them, and in the process, kill lots of people as collateral damage. Either that or have Missandei killed by a lynch mob of citizens, rather than by Cersei, so that Dany’s rage would be directed towards the public. As it stands, the decision was just a touch too brutal and unexpected for her character. Wasn’t set up enough.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2021
  10. tymaux

tymaux Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 21, 2019
    I disagree about Daenerys. She wanted to burn cities multiple times before while she was in much better mental and emotional state. There is this brutal and aggressive side of her that was always there, just controlled mostly by her advisors.

I also don't like the idea of giving her too many excuses. Turning people of KL in complete caricatures or turning burning of KL in some incident.

They gave her a choice. The opportunity to make a choice. And she made it. I think her choice made sense for the type of person she is. In those circumstances. In a moment when her whole identity is basically destroyed (she is not the last Targaryen and the hair to the throne), she lost Jorah, Missandei, two dragons, half of her army, she lost Jon.

Tyrion and Varys betrayed her, Sansa and Cersei are working against her, people of KL betrayed her by not rebelling against Cersei,....

It was more than enough for her to snap, especially since she already had those dark impulses basically since she got turned on by Drogo's speech when he promised her rape and destruction of Westeros.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
  11. tymaux

Sep 21, 2019
    And I am excited about House of the Dragon. Tearser did surprisingly well when you consider more than 2 years of circlejerk online how now everyone hates Game of Thrones and no one cares about it anymore and no one is watching or rewatching.

More than 40 million views on social media platforms, for a teaser that showed nothing and that was published on HBO MAX accounts(not much bigger GoT accounts) shows the strength of Game of Thrones brand, even aftwr hysteria around Season 8.

I think House of the Dragon will certainly be much better than The Witcher, Foundation or even upcoming Wheel of Time.

TX-20 and Bor Mullet like this.
  12. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    The Witcher and Foundation have been such disappointments. And WOT looks even worse. Makes me really fear for the Middle Earth show.

House of the Dragon, as far as I’ve seen, looks to be of a higher quality.

Darth Smurf and tymaux like this.
  13. tymaux

Sep 21, 2019
    I think LOTR will be an even bigger mess, because LOTR brand is huge and expectations are much higher than for WoT.

There seems to be some drama behind the scenes, they fired some actors and also showrunners are people who did nothing ever. They never made anything for television, they never wrote a movie, a book, video game, anything.

Such a strange decision to hire those people.

To be honest only House of the Dragon feels like something that has potential to get acclaim, win some Emmys and other awards.

But House of the Dragon isn't without it's challenges. It seems they will cover multiple timelines in S1. Which is something GoT never did and something that can be hard to pull off successfully. But having Miguel Sapochnik as showrunner and HBO behind it, gives me more confidence.

Bor Mullet and TX-20 like this.
  14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  15. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Book Fans: "Please George. Finish the books!"

George: "Please HBO. Continue the show forever!"

16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    To conclude it well, 10 seasons was needed IMO.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah and all should have 10 epsides, HBO even tried to bribe D and D, but they wanted star wars and now they their netflix deal.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    mnjedi and Bor Mullet like this.
  18. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    “Look guys, I’m never going to finish the books, if you really want the show to be true to the spirt of the series you should also commit yourself to never finishing it.”

tymaux, Mar17swgirl, TX-20 and 3 others like this.
  19. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    You can put me firmly in the camp of people that actually quite liked the final season/the ending, but also thought that it needed a little bit more time to properly get itself to where it ended. Those last two seasons really should have been 10 episodes each, to let all of the interweaving plot threads and characters breathe a bit before they went full on into finale setup mode. I don't disagree with any of the actual storytelling choices the final episodes made, I just wish the structure of the last two seasons worked more in the favor of bringing those choices to life on screen.

Don't at all get the complaints about Dany and what went down with her in the final stretch; she had been on that path since basically the pilot.

20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    They should have at least one more season, even with 7 more episodes i don't think it be enough. Have season 8 end with defeating the Night king, and have season 9 all about Dany vs Cersei.

21. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    Honestly, I like the idea of both of those events playing out within one season - really drive home just how much can be accomplished when forces band together (against the Night King) before scattering those forces once again into petty conflict against one another in King's Landing. The whole thing just needed a few more episodes to breathe.

tymaux, TX-20, BigAl6ft6 and 2 others like this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    It could work if both season 7 and season 8 had 10 episdoes, but that woud't make the wrtiting any better, Jon Snow only saying my queen, like a love sick poppy.

23. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    He also says "Justice."

24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    So two words, he is meant to be one of the lead characters.

25. bstnsx704

Mar 11, 2013
    As someone that's read and loved the five main books (and even when the show is at its absolute best, I don't think it ever fully reaches the heights of the books), my biggest hangup with the series isn't even the final seasons - it's that the Iron Islands were done so dirty. The Greyjoy/Ironborn stuff is some of my favorite material in the entire book series thus far.

We need more dingy, waterlogged, crusty, violent pirate stories on screen in general.