main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC Gamer Speech

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithLord-Mixo, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    It is about time VicFF had a thread about gaming (pc, console, handheld, anything). So I will start.

Lately I have been playing Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway. I have of late found the whole European side of WW2 in gaming to be a drag and repetitive. This game gives it a little more life (until they finally run out and/or stop rehashing campaigns).

Pros: Cute gore effects (Heads exploding etc). Map layouts are not as constricted as some other games. The AI is fairly tactical. The graphics have a nice feel to them. The storyline is quite deep and well thought out with quite a large cast.

Cons: Some levels are quite linear. Perhaps not enough variation in level and game play types. Sometimes your team mates yell out directions or advice that is not true. An example - "We killed them all, keep advancing". You then look over some debris and directly infront of you a few feet away is a full nest of naughty nazis. This happens quite a lot.

2. lordvaderFF

lordvaderFF Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Advice for Gamers:
    Never say to Dags "I bet I could bet you"

He will arrive on your doorstep the next day at 7am with game in hand saying "come on...let's go"

3. Dags

Dags Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 3, 2000
    Yeah OK so I don't like to lose. :)

As it stands though, considering I don't own a XBox and the only practice I get is the semi regular "killin'" session at a mate's place, I think I hold my own pretty well. Though stack me up against a hardcore space cadet and I'll be chop sui in no time.

4. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    The free online FPS Battlefield Heroes will be out soon and it is multiplayer so DAGS watch out

5. Dags

Dec 3, 2000
    Online gamers, ahhhh yes the space cadets I was referring too. :)

6. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    It is really an expanded universe out there lol

7. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Speaking of expanded universe, word is out on the proverbial KOTOR III MMORPG...

I'll probably be sucked in, let's not lie.

8. Dags

Dec 3, 2000
    They need to think of a better name than MMORPG as that just doesn't roll off the tongue easily.

Ironically we asked our people at Skyforce whether The Clone Wars Animated series should've been made or should Lucasfilm have focused on something else. The overwhelming vote went to KOTOR as a TV series.

So there ya go.

9. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    lol most people just say "MMO"

10. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    Although, judging by the Neilson ratings, most people also watch GTV Nine's "Hole in the Wall". Just sayin...

JE is currently battling through his 50th hour of GTAIV... it's interesting that despite it being a game about climbing the ranks of the CRIMINAL UNDERWORLD, by drug smuggling, murder, shooting rampages, car jacking and the like, he tends to hold himself to some sort of moral standard. i.e. "as long as he doesn't kill needlessly" or "only shoots cops who come after him first".

Am I the only one that finds those games more fun when you unload on a lil' ol' lady walking in the park, then find a quiet cul de sac for the ensuing police seige?

11. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    Man, I love that game.

I'm personally hanging out for the new Guitar Hero in a couple of weeks.

12. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    I have been playing Farcry 2 lately. Not really impressed with it at all. Very repetitive and the AI is terrible.

13. Dags

Dec 3, 2000
    I was a friend's place on Monday night with her family playing Halo 2 (their staple game). It was between two women (44 and 12) and one dude (15) and I had my a$$ handed on a platter throughout the night. Yeah kinda embarrasing.

Armageddon had a Gears of War 2 8 player demo going on and it was inside a cargo shipping container. We suggested it be placed in our mates backyard so we could really have some good killin'!

14. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    I am hanging out for the free multiplayer FPS coming out called Battlefield Heroes

15. Koroshiya_keefu

Koroshiya_keefu Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    Battlefield Heros does look great, kinda cartoonish right? But free online sounds brill. Will be one to install on all the computers in the studio at work!

16. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Yep I like the look of being able to sit on a plane's wings and hitch a lift to a hot spot lol

17. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Just in the middle of Call of Duty: World at War. It is nice to fight the Japs with a bit of style and in a much better fashion than the terrible Medal of Honour: Pacific Assault. But this game lacks something that COD4 gave us. I think it is the venture back to WW2. The Russian campaign is nothing at all new.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.