main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC Games HQ in trouble, landlord doubles rent

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jada, Nov 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Are you a gamer? Do you need anything in the way of gaming supplies or are thinking of getting something in the way of gaming goods for Christmas please get them at Games HQ.

Recently there was an article in the paper rating Games HQ as the #1 and only gaming store in Charlotte. While that is great the landlord saw this and doubled the rent and the owner has until the 10th of this month to come up with $3000 or his stock will be seized.

This is a horrible, greedy situation. Howard, the owner, has kept his store in his Freedom Drive location in order to give back to his community where he grew up. He could have moved his store long ago but didn't.

I'm waiting until I get permission from Howard to get the media involved but in the meantime if you even just need a game dice please consider stopping at Games HQ.

3162 Freedom Dr
    Charlotte, NC 28208
    (704) 394-9233

http://www.gameshqonline.com/

Thank you for reading.

~Jada

2. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Good news! The business has been saved! Huzzah!

3. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    I'm not a gamer, but I'm glad to hear this. That was a rotten thing for the landlord to do. :mad:

4. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Apparently there was more to it but essentially the guy who owns Games HQ keeps his store in the Freedom Drive area because he grew up there and tries to give back to the community. In that area it takes commitment!

He is looking to move his store to a better strip mall on Freedom and I'm happy because I think it is in the same strip mall as Goodwill and Value Village. Let the thrift store shopping begin! [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.