main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Games] SW Battlefront: How do I love thee?

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Obey Wann, Sep 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I opened up my copy of the OT DVD this morning and the first thing I did is pop disc 4 into my XBox, and I was able to try out the trial version of SW Galactic Battlegrounds. I have to say: "SW Galactic Battlefront: How do I love thee?"

Let me count the ways:

- The opening sequence: A very well done compillation of most/all of the good fightscenes in the OT. Oh yeah. [face_drool]

- Game Play: Simple, effective and FUN

- The Immensity of it all: The trial only gives me the ability to play in the Battle of Endor. But oh my, what a blast!!! Troopers, Scouts, Wookies and Ewoks And you get to shoot the Ewoks!!! [face_devil]

- Did I mention that you can shoot Ewoks? [face_devil]

- The ability to pilot vehicles like AT-ST's and Speeder Bikes. 'Nuff said.

- The Sound and Music: Absolutely superb, but we pretty well expect that from a SW game. But it was nice and immersive. Booya

- Did I mention how much fun it is to throw a thermal detonator at a pack of Ewoks and watch them get thrown all over? Stormtroopers? Rebel Scum? Ok, so I like killing people. It's only a game, right? ;) :p [face_devil]

- I could go on, but I have to say that this will be well worth the full face value for the game. Whatever system you prefer, this will probably be money well spent. Now I just need to wait for Christmas to find this in my stocking. ;) Anf then I need XBOX Live, so I can shoot at people from all over. Oh yeah.

Maybe we can arrange an event at a house or something to play this multiplayer/splitscreen? That could be a lot of fun, and less intensive than a LAN game.

2. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    Im getting it this weekend

3. melodyann

melodyann Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2004
    this picture was just too good to pass up.

image=http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pfrdownpour/detail?.dir=1ee5&.dnm=758c.jpg

i tried to post is as a picture, but it wouldn't work. :(

4. ChiefsBlow2004

ChiefsBlow2004 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2004
    I don't think the image linking likes that photo web site.

I've been pondering getting Battlefront, and luckily one of my friends works at a video game store and clued me in on a few things...

SW:BF for XBox -- rules.
    SW:BF for PS2 -- rules.
    SW:BF for PC -- sucks horribly, and needs more patches than Tribes 2 ever needed before it was playable (I DL'd probably 400 megs of patches before I gave up and threw away the T2 disc...LOL).

So, it looks like we may be getting it for our shiney new XBox that we still haven't set up yet. LOL.

5. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Must...get...X-Box...

Blasted Microsoft has all the cool Star Wars Shiz-nit...

6. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    And then we could all get XBox Live and play Battlefront against each other. We could go on ewok hunting expeditions!

We do it occasionally in SWG...except we've graduated to hunting Giant Canyon Krayt Dragons and ex-Mandalorians. :D

7. BFett88

BFett88 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 5, 2003
    I got it for my PS2. But I have barely played it. What I have played is cool. I was going to get it for my XBox but I already reserved under PS2. I had to pick up my reserve because I got the free Battlefront Figure.

8. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Are the races you can play limited to only human? P'raps I'll get SWB this weekend...

9. darth-jar

darth-jar Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    I snagged this game for my PC and it runs beautifully! I have no idea what you by "sucks horribly, and needs more patches than Tribes 2 ever needed before it was playable" No problems wahtsoever. I only have a small amout of lag on very few serves online.

At any rate, if any one is thinking about geting this game, DO IT! it does not matter what system you get it for, it rocks!

10. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    I know you can play as Droids, Cloans, Storm Troopers and the Rebel Alliance.

11. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Oooo...I wanna be a droid. Roger roger.

12. Darth_Larsen

Darth_Larsen Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    It runs like a top on my machine.

Had to install SP2 on the laptop to get Battlefronts to run on it. and it even runs good on that crappy laptop graphic card.

MESA LIKES (oo you can shot gun-guns to :D)

if you see a Darth_Larsen[501st] that be me.

13. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i love this game . almost as cool as knights but if we can all hook up x box live it would be close .

i want to go live next week .

14. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Hm. Maybe my buddy was tellin' fibs about the PC version not being any good...

Either way, I'm going for the XBox version and then going Live so I can beat up on DH. [face_devil]

15. COS_Vader

COS_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2004
    I hope so. I played it right outta the box on the PC and it rules! Why buy a console version when you can upgrade levels and chars as mods come out? You'd be losing out! ;)

Kev

16. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    Actually you can update on the XBox with mods, new maps, download and ect. The XBox has an 8 gig hard drive. Man I wish I had DSL. I will be getting it this month. I have to be on XBox live before Halo. If everyone else go live with Battlefield, I will have to get the XBox version rather than the PS2 version.

17. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    Yep. You can mod an XBox as much as a PC these days. And most of my closet geek friends do the LANparty/console thing, and everyone's moving to the XBox for this game.

Gahhhh...but "Dawn of War" for PC came out on Tuesday...and I wanna get that, too!

18. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    I got Battlefield 1942 for my computer yesturday. It allows me to play with my 56k. I got the two exspansions with it as well. They were all on clearence at Target, I got all three for $40.00. Great deal if you ask me. I have also been playing Doom 3, that game rocks!

I got my new computer last week, it is cool being able to play PC games now. I now have a PS2, GameCube, XBox, and a PC. It is fun haveing all of those choices. :D

My PC is reall cool. It is a 3.2 GHZ P4, w/ 1gig of ram, 128meg PCI Express Radeon 300x Graphics Card. It is much better than my laptop, which had a 16meg graphics card.

19. darth_hair

darth_hair Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2001
    i dont care much for pc games . i think console gameplay is much more fun and convient .

josh , your on !

20. COS_Vader

Apr 26, 2004
    If you got Battlefield 1942, why not download the FREE Galactic Conflict mod for it? Basically Battlefront with the BF1942 graphics engine.

LOL My XBox HD is filled. I 'really' modded mine! ;)

Kev

21. darth-jar

Oct 14, 2000
    I would reccomend PC games only of your computer is beefy. There is no reason to spend $40.00 or more on a PC game if your comp cant handle it. X-box would be my second choice if my PC could not handle it(and I have tried the X-box version...hate it).

Let's just say, since I got my Coleco Vision waaayyy back when, and all of the game systems in between, the PC is by far the best entertainment system I ever owned. It's just that over the years, I have been burned by console games not being up to my standards(Ghost Recon on X-box was horrible when compared to the PC version). I'm not saying that all PC games are the greatest, but I have come across far better quality games on the PC than the consoles recently. There are only a select few games I will get for a console in the future. Like Final Fantasy XII, Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater, and The Legend of Zelda GCN. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas would be an option, but It comes out on the PC next year. It can wait till then.

So get Battlefront on the PC only if your PC can handle it, if not, any console will do.

Got Battlefield 1942 and the expansions? Get this MOD Then go to the downloads section and select the first full download. You will not regret this!

22. BFett88

Dec 5, 2003
    Cool, I can't wait to try that. I have to down load it at school. I can't wait to get DSL :(. I would have to say if you are into fighting games, consoles are the only way to go. The new Mortal Kombat comes out next week. I went and reserved it last night. I had to get the special addition.

23. darth-jar

Oct 14, 2000
    Broadband is highly reccomended for any online gaming experience! Judging by your PC specs, you can handle that BF1942 MOD. Get DSL before you try to download that 700MB(700MB! :eek: ) total conversion MOD. Let's just say this is a prequel to Battlefield 2 or Battlefield Modern Combat.

24. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    I remember my Colecovision...

25. COS_Vader

Apr 26, 2004
    Oh, here's the link for the Galactic Conquest (think Star Wars Battlefront) complete conversion mod for Battlefield 1942. It's huge (almost 580Mb), so use a DSL/Cable connection.

It's so close to SWB that it's scary... And it's FREE!

http://www.swbattlefield.jolt.co.uk/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.