main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Gar Saxon

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by TheSilentInfluence, Oct 30, 2016.

1. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    There are also plenty of gaps in the armor, between joints and the neck.
    The Clones and Night Owls surely are skilled enough to aim for these weak points, and Ahsoka probably can deflect them well enough to hit these area's. From what I recall the scene's were set at such an angle that we couldn't see exactly where the fallen Mando's where hit, at very least I don't remember any of them being blatantly blasted in the armor and falling down dead.

It's also clear that the jetpacks are a very large weak point that were repeatedly exploited throughout the episode.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  2. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Beskar is as strong as the plot needs it to be ;)

Darkslayer, DannyD and Vorax like this.
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Gar Saxon was great during this episode.

CoolyFett likes this.
  4. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Its hard not to like brutish Gar Saxon. Maul left him to his fate if he should choose to die or survive the chaos in his own way. He chose the latter when he surrendered. Once Bo-Katan gets into trouble by the Imperial occupational forces, which will happen, Saxon will quickly fill the void like Almec did with Pre Vizsla before from what I can see occurring so far.

Whether or not he's a Palpatine loyalist like he claimed to be on Rebels or if he's still part of Maul's fanatical Death Watch is unknown. Since Saxon had intel on Maul and his Syndicate leadership that also included Dryden Vos. Maul had Almec killed by Saxon or less knowledge,lol. I think Saxon is kinda an ambiguous open ended question since this new story and SOLO alters his characterization on Rebels. Maul's plans and plans within plans seem to indicate that Saxon is still under Maul's thrall, he still sports the red of Maul on his Imperial armor although on the toon it could've implied Shock Trooper-like status. However with the Journeyman Protectors are absent two episodes in, its hard to figure how Satine's ex-guardsmen factor into what we've seen of Rau and his men. So are we to believe they only come in after the Siege, still would not explain Gar Saxon and his brother(absent this season) rise to near absolute power and the Protector's allegiance with the Empire is no where explained or explored here. Even the Kanan comic seems brushed aside, as Skull Squadron is no where accounted for when they should be part of this task force.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I love if Gar Saxon and Maul had a hidden alliance together from Palpatine. Maybe they together secretly wanted out from Empire but when Maul suddenly disappeared, he didn't pursue his goal. As it would mean the end of the Manadalorian's like the show Mandalorian shows us. They shoul have just let Gar Saxon remained it's leader until the end of the empire.

6. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Maybe I’m missing something, but...I don’t see anything to like about Gar Saxon from your description.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2020
  7. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I didn't feel sorry for Gar Saxon at the end of this. He conformed to how Sabine described him and is exactly the kind of guy a Sith manipulator like Maul preys on. One pitty was there wasn't more of a takedown though.

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe not, but the death of Gar Saxon was the end of the Mandalorians and their ways.

9. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Not sure, since Rook Kast sounded like she was piloting the Nightbrother on the roof and not captured after all alongside Gar Saxon. She was absent on Rebels.

10. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    They're different characters according to the credits, plus it's impossible for Kast to have gotten up there as we see her losing to Bo-Katan about a minute before the ship arrives. The pilot and Kast are both voiced by Vanessa Marshall though.

11. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Well she sounded identical to me, but there is still that particular pilot,lol.

12. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I imagine after this episode is the point where Gar Saxon realises his loyalty was wasted on Maul.

Gar Saxon rescued Maul from Sidious and The Separatists, putting himself at great risk, but then when Saxon is at deaths door fighting for Maul cause, Maul comes across cold and patronising when Saxon asks for help.

it does appear Rook Kast was captured along with Saxon.

13. Sarlacc of Carkoon

Sarlacc of Carkoon Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2015
    I did realize Rook Kat had the same voice as the pilot of the Nightbrother. But then she was fighting Bo at the climax of the episode so it might not be her.
    I guess her fate-dead, still loyal, captured(We see Saxon captured, but there is no explicit moment where she is captured) will remain ambiguous and will be a loose end until someone at Lucasfilm confirms it

14. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Well it should be remembered that Pre shot his own men if they failed for being weak in a fight or battle. What Maul is doing is entirely his right as leader of Death Watch. Death Watch was always fanatical, often choosing suicide over capture or they fight to the death. Of course Maul takes advantage and am sure his Dark Side presence and god-like manner influences them, but they do it cause thats their culture and their way. They are bound to him, and in a sense he's bound to them.

Its hard to get any sense clarity for Death Watch here, cause the cartoon's battle is a smokey and dark mess and edited. But it implies a very small Death Watch force and very large Clone and Mandalorian Resistance force that invaded. Maul's plan is just a trap for them and he wanted the Jedi Kenobi and Skywalker, more Skywalker. Death Watch here to seems like they lacked a proper air defense(which was something they had in SOD and actual starfighter force) and their defensive tactics and their whole order of battle to ensure that they hide, ambush and lose since its Maul's plan to basically use Death Watch to fight to the end as he prepares for his own escape/death/capture scenario and post Order 66 survival power.

Beyond this point, he does not have much use for Death Watch once Order 66 unfolds, and they seem OK with it . Maul told the Death Watch Mandalorians during this coming change of rule in the galaxy they must, seize whatever power they could to survive during the chaos that is to come under Sidious' reign. He then galvanized his troops to give them the opportunity , if they do die, to die like warriors instead of like rats in the sewers to honor their heritage. As for Gar Saxon, he told him to die well when he was about to be overrun. Interestingly Maul told Gar Saxon to go kill Almec because he knew too much information, he knew Almec was gonna tell them about Skywalker. Maul was orchestrating the confrontation between Death Watch and enemy while he went to have a chat with the opposing leadership and Ahsoka in particular. He referred to all the Mandos and Clones as blissfully ignorant as they killed eachother.

He seemed to want Gar Saxon gone when he interrogated Jesse. Saxon only made it back at the end of the convo to the syndicate leaders, and Rook told him Maul told them to go into hiding. Seems like certain things he's hiding from Saxon likely cause he knows Saxon's possible future . Also possible Saxon was still under Maul's thrall during Rebels, even if less directly since its unclear why bother with Almec if Gar Saxon as one of the top and closest advisors to Maul. Maul being a secret shadow ruler would make no sense,lol. Maul in any cause figures some would eventually rise to power like Saxon. So I would not take Maul's departing words to Saxon beyond face value.

Perfectly reasonable he split up the Death Watch. Maul in SOD hid his true numbers and kept forces in reserve. Plus he captured that Droid army in SOD which remains unaccounted for but could also serve as some of the rogue Droid forces that harassed the Empire. Maul we know leads the Underworld against the Empire.

15. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    [​IMG]

Maul: "Die well, Mandalorian."

Clan Wren: "In due time"

Vialco and Vorax like this.
  16. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Ironically Maul had a better warrior's death than he did. Sabine should've lopped Gar's head off. He deserved to die honorably after keeping Mandalore alive for so long through an occupation. He might have been a puppet ruler, but he kept their traditions alive. Some Mandalorian clans like Clan Wren were even allowed the illusion of freedom by keeping their own planetary outposts, such as Krownest. There's nothing wrong with Mandalorians allying with the strong, and the Empire was the controlling interest in the galaxy. It wasn't until after he died that the Empire and Gar's heretical brother, Tiber, employed Sabine's arc caster in an attempt to destroy the traditions of Mandalore once and for all.

Fredrik Vallestrand and MrDarth0 like this.
  17. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I see you...and raise you....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  18. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    I'm afraid I'm going all in...

[​IMG]

darkspine10, Seerow and Chris0013 like this.
  19. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    [​IMG]

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  20. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
  21. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    presumably they were stationed around the planet in other settlements, or more likely, were killed over the course of Events of Son of Dathomir. No Savage Supers either.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  22. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Yeah thats probably a good guess, or they got cheap and had to cut corners,lol. Rook's helmet got more simplified too this season, than the version she wore in SOD(although its not unusual for these characters to sport alternate helmets). But some of Bo-Katan's warriors I think looked like they had those Pre Vizsla style antennas on their helmets. I'll have to look around again for details.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  23. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I just think it's neat he showed up, good connection to Rebels but not anything that would be jarring or overtly crammed in there.

24. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    It seems to be looking like Rook Kast will show up in the finale to save Maul.

I think it would be pretty cool if she survived this arc and became one of Mauls main enforcers during the dark times.

25. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Rook appeared a lot closer to Maul than Gar even in SOD.