main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Gargoyles/Yu Yu Hakusho) Lexington: Spirit Detective

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by SuperSaiyaMan12, Dec 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    A single small yellow gargoyle with webbed wings floated in the sky over a bunch of sirens. Red and blue flashed and the sounds of a child crying were heard. He leaned down in amazement...and saw his body

"This is Lexington. He's supposed to be the hero of this story. But there's one problem." Lexington's eyes widened. "He's dead."

Chapter 1: Sorrow
    April 2nd, 1997, 10:45 PM, Manhattan New York, Time's Square
    Lexington floated above the streets, still contemplating what had happened. He remembered pushing a woman and young child out of the way, and everything went blank until he was floating here. He crossed his legs, putting his hand to his chin.

"It can't be...I'm...dead?" Lexington asked himself, and he sighed. "Great way to end the worst day of my entire life..."

Earlier that evening, after waking up with his brothers, Brooklyn and Broadway, as well as Katana, Brooklyn's mate, Nashville, the second-in-command's son, his sister Angela, Bronx and Fu-Dog. and his leader Goliath and the clan's mentor Hudson, he hopped off the battlements, instantly running into the Castle. First off he was visiting Alexander. He had taken quite the shine to the toddler Xanatos, he was almost like a big brother to him.

"Hey Alex...how you doing little guy?" Lex asked with a grin, lifting Alex out of his crib and clearing his orange hair out of his face. Alex cooed.

"Lexy! Lexy!"

"You want uppie?" Lex asked, grinning ,lifting Alex into the air as he cooed. Fox entered the room just as that happened. Lex was so enamoured with the infant he took a step back, tripping on one of the baby Xanatos's toys and to both his and Fox's horror, Alex flew out of his hands.

Fox, using the agility and reflexes she learned from her days leading the Pack, sprinted and grabbed Alex before he could crash to the floor. Alex began crying and Fox looked at Lex with anger in her eyes.

"I-I'm sorry..." Lexington started.

"YOU NEARLY HURT HIM! GET. OUT!" Fox yelled, her anger overrulling her logic, and Lex left the room, running. She rocked Alex back and forth. "Its okay...its okay..."

Next, Lex tried to work out on the editting of Goliath and Elisa's wedding which was a month behind schedule. It wasn't his fault that protecting the city took time away from it. He loaded the file and began editting just as Elisa and Goliath walked in, a small bulge visible in Elisa's stomach.

"Hey Lex...just learned what happened with Fox and Alex. She didn't mean what she said..." Elisa started and Lex nodded, sighing.

"I know, its just...I never dropped Alex before...I'm a little shaken up Elisa..." he said, his hand absentmindedly pressing the wrong button.

"Is it suppose to be doing that, Lexington?" Goliath asked, looking at the computer screen.

"Doing what?" Lex asked, gulping as he looked to the screen. The video was on rewind...and then...when it reached the end. Video Deleted. "No...damn it..."

"Lex..." Elisa started, and the small gargoyle growled, taking off. Goliath looked at her. "...has things been...going okay for him lately?"

"He's been rather...absentminded lately. I thought he was focusing on other things, maybe helping Nashville on that school project that Owen assigned," Goliath said and Elisa nodded.

"At least I hope he has back ups of our wedding," Elisa said calmly.

On the battlements where Lexington had fled to in his anger, he slammed his hand to the stone, cracking it slightly. "...damn it...why can't I do anything right lately..."

"Lexington?" Nashville asked, walking up behind him. The small, green version of Brooklyn tugged on his big brother's wing. "I still need help with those math problems."

Lexington took a deep breath, and smiled. "Okay, sure. Lets tackle them, Nash."

The homework that Owen had assigned Nashville went well enough. Lex had managed to calm down until fate seemed to make him his plaything again. A simple slip while they were walking to Owen's office to get the paper graded had destroyed the work that they spent the last hour

2. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Nice! Poor Lex, there. Hmm a Gargoyle Spirit Detective? Innnnteresting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.