main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Garsa Fwip in The Book of Boba Fett

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Glitterstimm, Dec 29, 2021.

1. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003

there’s nothing funny about mocking gay people

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    cwustudent likes this.
  2. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Which I did not do. Boba (a fictional character btw) might be gay, we don’t know, and it’s not mocking anybody to say that. [face_dunno]

3. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    They might make him gay just to show the middle finger to the VHS release in which they added the scene where he flirts with the singers. I'd be on board with that.

Bor Mullet, RetropME and Glitterstimm like this.
  4. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    That might make that ROTJ scene even better now that I think about it. [face_thinking][face_tee_hee]

Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    3sm1r likes this.
  5. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I always did find that a strange scene to add. I call it the Boba Flirt scene.

6. Boba Fett.

Boba Fett. Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 14, 2020
    I really like this scene.

7. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    The should rename him to Boba Flirt indeed, and his ship to Loveboat.
    I bet you Ludwig Goransson can write a western/ethnic/afrobeat version of the main theme too

8. Logray'sBirdHat

Logray'sBirdHat Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 12, 2022
    Boba & 3P0 so need to hook up.

9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Sure, but where's the respect in that? NuBoba is supposed to be all about ruling with respect. That MO wouldn't fit.

3sm1r and Bor Mullet like this.
  10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I agree with that. But in this case, it was a simple bar brawl, not a gang trying to extort Garsa or something. And in that context, Boba rightly determined that this was in her domain of authority, and let her do her thing. Would have been less respectful to try to upstage her here, as that would’ve called into question her authority within her own establishment.
    Better yet, the “Sleaze I”

Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    3sm1r and DarthFixxxer like this.
  11. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Pay Boba or he'll send Big K round...

12. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, this is how I took it. It's her place, and she was handling it. Boba would step in if someone was threatening her, or trying to extort her. (That's his job)
    Which is why this track they're taking with Boba is a bit nonsense. You can't really be a nice, respectful crime lord without seriously deluding yourself. At the end of the day you are still threatening people, and profiting off of their vice and/or misery.

Riv_Shiel, 3sm1r and Bor Mullet like this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

Garsa Fwip was in ROTS.;)

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Nah, that’s Rey’s mom.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Grandmother, Palpatine's ,mistress

16. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Random theory:Garsa Fwip and the mayor's Majordoma are related.

Not any strong evidence for this, but I just find it interesting that the majordomo hasn't gotten a name yet, we have two twi'leks of the same skintone in positions of prominence in Mos Espa given how widely twi'lek skin colors can vary and there don't seem to be that many other twileks in the city, and how the mayor knew that the hutt twins were coming to the Garsa Fwip's place. Plus their character posters were posted together:

Last edited: Jan 23, 2022
    Fredrik Vallestrand and 3sm1r like this.
  17. Logray'sBirdHat

Jan 12, 2022
    Seems kinda overthinking it.

18. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Plot twist, these twins are the real threat to Boba!

His fate is haunted by twins, first Luke and Leia, then the Hutts, now the Twin'leks

19. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    There is bound to be some twist to her character since she was marketed so much and has not been doing much. Or then it was just lies and deception.... Could she actually be related to Bib Fortuna and the real main villain of the show?

20. Logray'sBirdHat

Jan 12, 2022
    You'd figure she'd probably have the pointy teeth and freaky face and not speak Basic if that were thee case.

21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    How was she marketed so much?

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  22. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Depending how closely related they would be. But It's not like a fat bearded ugly man can have beautiful slender sister. Same applies to Twi'leks I think. Also of adopted even siblings can have different mother tongue.

There were all those promotional pictures and material about her like she is the big deal as a new character and she haven't had much meaning to be honest.

It seems though that almost all minor characters get their own posters and stuff, but I just remember that her character was advertised a lot when show even started.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
  23. Logray'sBirdHat

Jan 12, 2022
    I mean, in all honesty she's probably what, 5th or 6th most prominent character on the show so far. *Shrugs* And played by Beals, who's a known quantity. Probably has a lot to do with why she gets a poster, don't think it necessarily means more than that. Hipster 'stache guy got a poster too.

Swashbucklingjedi and Riv_Shiel like this.
  24. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Plus, in a gangster story like this it would be odd if someone didn't betray Boba - a lot of people think Fennec, but I think that is going up too much against the basic themes of the show, and Garisa is someone whose going against Fett wouldn't feel like that, but who is also prominent enough that people won't just be all "who?" if it happened.

Almost certainly. I did call it a random theory for a reason.

But hey, sometimes I am tired of being the one to keep speculation reasonable and want to indulge in the crazy, like Mok Shiaz being a force sensitive spy from project harvester who wants to bring order to Tatooine by playing all the crime lords against each other. Crazy is fun.

25. Swashbucklingjedi

Oct 3, 2010
    Yeah maybe it's just that. Just thinking there could be something surprising in her character. She has been around enough to be noticed by viewers, mentioned by name and seems awfully "fake" to me, I mean not fake like IRL faker like a bad actor, fake like she as character may very well have a hidden agenda.

I agree. She seems not to have problem with Boba's rule, that's why she is exactly one to keep eye on

I think it is a reasonable theory.... the twinleks theory I mean. Project harvester... I dunno, would be a surprise for sure:D

Twinleks theory in itself is not very interesting though. So what if they are related? Nothing interesting follows from it. Unless Boba like kills the majordomo and Garsa wants revenge. That's why I thought about possible connection to Bib Fortuna. Sure they are less similar, but still same species on same planet. Connection is possible and Boba killed Bib Fortuna in rather cold blood.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2022
    MercenaryAce likes this.