main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series Garsa Fwip in The Book of Boba Fett

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Glitterstimm, Dec 29, 2021.

1. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Thanks!

But yeah, that is the biggest problem with the theory, the "so what?" aspect. I mean, I think it could be a big hint that Garsa is working with Major Mok in his schemes, but it isn't necessary for that.

(Similarly, I would be sure the Pykes were really the ones that killed the Tuskens, except it wouldn't change anything, Boba is already gunning for them, and I don't see the point of a twist that his enemies were really his enemies all along)

3sm1r likes this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I’m starting to think that Chorus is right and the twist is…Fennec was hired to take out the Tusken tribe.

3. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Twi'leks are extremely common on Tatooine, and on a lot of planets. They were sold as slaves even before the Empire years.

Plus, this theory also has the "so what?" problem. Doesn't really add anything to the show. Bib Fortuna is not an active character in the show.

Garsa Fwip wanting revenge would be underwhelming. If anything, I would actually be more invested if the majordomo was killed by Boba Fett and Garsa was his sister.

Whoa... I can see that as a plot twist. It would be kind of cool. I don't think there are random lines in the script. And Fennec's surprise when Boba tells her that the bikers killed the Tuskens might reveal a reaction to not getting credit for those kills, as she would deserve. Plus, what was she doing out there in the desert when discovered by the gunslinger kid and Din Djarin? Then again.... she is a sniper, and I am not convinced she could actually go on the offensive and kill the entire village on her own. I guess we will know soon.

4. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    She was known as The Cavalry on Agents of Shield, so she might have been able to.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  5. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I don't know what that is :p

cwustudent and Bor Mullet like this.
  6. Logray'sBirdHat

Logray'sBirdHat Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 12, 2022
    Kinda can't see them dirtying up Fennec to that extent here. They are bounty hunters, yeah, but they seem to be painting both of 'em a little nobler than most would want, doubt they drive a wedge between the two leads here either. Would be cool, but...

3sm1r likes this.
  7. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Nobler AFTER a reborn Boba saves her life and offers her a partnership. And even so, she’s been portrayed as the more ruthless one. I’m starting to lean close to 80% on this happening. Just makes so much sense, and answers a lot of puzzling questions about how this narrative was structured.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  8. Logray'sBirdHat

Jan 12, 2022
    Right. But are they going to blow up The Boba & Fennec Buddy-Cop Show like that?

From what we'ree seeing of Boba here it doesn't really seem like a turn in the relationship that can be come back from. Ballsy as killing off Ming-Na would be, can't really see them going there, or even having her live but now Boba & Fennec are super-angry-headbutting-arch-enemies-of-snarliness.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
  9. Boba Fett.

Boba Fett. Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 14, 2020
    I really don't think Fennec killed the Tuskens.
    The idea is cool, sure it would lead to very interesting things but no, clearly I don't believe in it.

Otherwise, to get back on topic. I really like Garsa Fwip's dress in the last episode. And what a scene !

10. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Yes that is a good point. I also think it would be underwhelming, but just thinking about possibilities. What is possible may not be the best plot twist after all.

Killing majordomo seems out of character for Boba in this show. Unless that twi'lek tries to like murder him. Could it be that there is entire twi'lek lead operation working behind the scenes there and both Garsa and majordomo are part of it and Bib Fortuna was their member but not the big boss [face_thinking]... I guess makes no sense. Or at least it would be "so what?" twist. Just thinking about possibilities again.

Twi'leks are common as said, usual slaves for the hutts and it means absolutely nothing that there happens to be a lot of them around.

That would be an interesting twist though. Boba would have to defeat Fennec. After all she has proved how capable she is and Boba hasn't.
    This is radical but could work.

Problem with this show has been from the start that it has lots of "so what" material anyways. Boba has not been doing much meaningful things to be honest. He has not been all that connected to his previous life that we could have had exactly similar show with anyone else as the main character really. Boba Fett has not been really Boba Fett as we know him.:boba:

So what was the point of this show is still unclear to me, to rehabilitate a bad guy? He was good in the Mandalorian but in this show Boba Fett himself has been "so what?"

To get back to Garsa she has been pretty pointless as well. It may be just that they wanted to show rather famous actor as twi'lek and that is all. There may not be more meaning to her than that.

11. Logray'sBirdHat

Jan 12, 2022
    I don't know what "point" Garsa has to supposedly serve. She's just there to color Tatooine society a bit more, see a new locale, get some more insight into how business is done on-world. A "friendly face" of sorts, passing along information, helping out where she can.

Kinda doubt she's double-crossing Boba or whatever.

Glitterstimm, Sarge and theorenwulf like this.
  12. theorenwulf

theorenwulf Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2015
    Yeah I think this is her point. She is a subordinate to Boba and one of the local powers in Mos Espa, albeit a very small one. Don't think she needs to serve any other purpose than this. Honestly a show needs characters like this, not every character needs to serve a big point in the show. Which is not to say that it is unthinkable that she betrays Boba but I definetely don't think she needs to, to be a point. Serving as a hostess of the central gatherig place in Mos Espa and giving the city some colour is purpose enough, I think.

13. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Yeah maybe. Background characters are needed. And sometimes they are just that....

14. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I do find it strange that nothing of relevance has ever happened in her cantina(*). I'm down for coloring Tatooine, but it strikes me as a bit odd. Boba never went there to, like, meet with anyone for business or drink something with Fennec, and there is no plot line related to Garsa.

(*) "achshually the wookie... " yeah nope, the wookie scene was fun but it served no real purpose, and at the end Boba talked with him outside.

15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    So far, her role still seems very much like Miss Kitty on Gunsmoke. I hope they give her more to do. Her scene with BK shows she has the chops to make a very compelling character.

16. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Beals has turned in a fabulous performance as an alien with elaborate makeup, laying into the inherent comedy of the situation while still owning the scenes and fitting into the sci-fi vibe. Not an easy task for any actor.

It reminds me of a story I head a long time ago from a person who was hired to do some grief counseling for Paramount studios in the aftermath of one of LA's big earthquakes. They were talking to an actress off-set in full alien makeup, for Star Trek I think, and they were talking through the damage her house had sustained. The counselor was doing the job, but couldn't help thinking of a joke in the back of their head, "Why don't you just go back to the planet you came from?"

Sarge likes this.
  17. theorenwulf

theorenwulf Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2015
    Oh definetely, I don't disagree with that. Having her in a larger role would be cool but I don't think she necessarily needs that for her character to have a "point". But Beals has definetely played her well and made her an intriguing character, so I wouldn't mind to see more of her.

Sarge and clone commander bossk like this.
  18. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Boba is really just a cuckoo clock for the cantina. He shows up at the top of the hour to remind everybody what time it is and then leaves.

19. Logray'sBirdHat

Jan 12, 2022

Plus she was almost Dana Scully. Bonus points.

Glitterstimm likes this.
  20. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Better yet, he plays the role of Leslie Nielsen in Airplane - popping in to wish everyone good luck and then popping out.

[​IMG]

21. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    Yeah, her speech last episode could have seemed quite ridiculous, and it's to her credit it did not.

Although she's most likely a local-flavor type character, it could be sort of retroactively established that she's been looking out for and running interference for Boba all along. That or she's Bib Fortuna's daughter set for revenge.

22. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    The only downside in Episode 6.

A shame, because I really loved her character. And for me, she has been a really great supporting character that carries her own in the scenes; unlike a few others.

I would have loved to have seen more of her, but I guess she has helped and supported the narrative where needed.

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  24. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    Does the "We need to see the body" rule apply when the place is literally blown up?

Sarge, Sproj and 3sm1r like this.
  25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I really hope it’s not another fakeout death. Some people need to actually die to establish stakes.