main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Well, I'd Rather Be Dead in Arizona Than Alive in Utah (NHL Discussion, Playoffs and Relocation)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yodave27, Nov 16, 2006.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Casual hockey fan, but saw the Quebec Nordiques may return as an expansion team, and possibly cause an 8-team, all Canadian division. This actually likely?

2. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Unlike the other rumoured cities for expansion, most notably Las Vegas and Kansas City, they actually have a brand new arena built and ready to go in Quebec City. Based on that they would appear to have a pretty good shot at landing an expansion team but I think the league is really pushing for Vegas right now.

I hadn't heard about the all Canadian division. I can't see that happening if the plan is to keep the East/West Conferences.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Cool. thanks

An all Canadian division would actually somewhat grab my interest

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I dunno... Canadian hockey? Sounds far-fetched.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  5. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Considering that the Nordiques would land in Montreal/Toronto/Ottawa's division, we already pretty much have a Canadian division in the Eastern Conference.

6. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Ugh...reports that Patrick Kane is being investigated by the police near Buffalo this morning.....now I'm seeing several outlets reporting he is being investigated on rape allegations. No charges but obviously a terrible situation.

7. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    If those charges stick, I wonder what the hawks we'll do with him. I doubt they'll stick though and they'll settle out of court.

8. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Going into the first year of his fancy new contract, and he's caught up in an incident like this. I sure hope he's innocent, for everyone's sake.

9. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Well supposedly the alleged victim has already turned down a lot of money to make this all go away.....every time new details emerge it looks worse and worse for Kane, though to be fair, nothing has really been confirmed officially.

10. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Preseason has begun! It's almost time!
    [​IMG]

11. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
  12. True Sith

May 10, 2015
    How on earth did the public get a hold of the evidence bag?

13. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    I love how Kane's lawyer is blaming the claimant's "group" because the evidence doesn't support their claim. F'n lawyers.

14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    My good friend from high school MandaloreYak and I run an annual fantasy hockey league - if anyone is interested, PM me.

15. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    The evidence bag thing is weird, especially with the police saying that everything is accounted for. I guess I wouldn't be too surprised if her lawyer was using it to distract away from or discredit that the rape kit showed evidence for other individuals but not Kane....but that's pretty messed up.

16. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Admiral Volshe likes this.
  17. True Sith

May 10, 2015
    This is just crazy now. And Kane still hasn't even been charged with anything officially.

18. It Is Your Destiny

It Is Your Destiny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2014
    Anyone have an opinion about the NHL's new 3-on-3 overtime format yet?

19. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008

It's fun to watch but too gimmicky for me. I don't know. Bring back the ties and let's lose the three point games that inflate the stats of mediocre teams IMO.

20. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    There was a press conference today about the Kane investigation, turns out the whole evidence bag thing was a hoax that the accuser's mother came up with. The prosecutor does not sound real confident about this case going forward saying it's not a matter of WHEN this will go to a Grand Jury, but IF it will. My guess at this point with the circus surrounding this case, the evidence bag thing, and a DA who is running for higher office is that Kane won't ever be charged. Oh and on top of that a female Chicago beat writer/reporter didn't go into the office today because of threats she's received for her coverage of this situation on Twitter.

21. True Sith

May 10, 2015
    I don't see him ever being charged now either at this point. And as for 3-on-3, I haven't seen it yet, but I think it'll spice up OT nicely. Previously, too many teams that were good at the shootout were just coasting and playing defensive hockey for 5 minutes.

22. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Summer over already?!

I like the 3 on 3. No ties, fewer shootouts.

Anybody watchin preseason hockey?

23. True Sith

May 10, 2015
    I've watched some of it...a couple of Flames games specifically. I start watching for serious when the regular season starts.

24. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Did you see McDavid on the ice?

25. True Sith

May 10, 2015
    Not yet! As a Flames fan though, I try to ignore the hype about him. :p