main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena I'm Not Wearing Hockey Pads! (NHL Discussion, Stadium Series Season!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yodave27, Nov 16, 2006.

1. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    *pops in*

[​IMG]

*pops out*

2. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Leafs vs. Rangers is a good match-up. It makes sense, as both teams represent the biggest markets in their respective countries. They'll probably save the Habs for the Heritage Classic. I'd love to see it, but the prices will tell the tale. Come on up heels1785 we'll watch it at Real Sports.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    Well this sucks. Dallas hitting their first slump of the season. Ruff was clearly sending a message by not playing Benn or Seguin the final ten minutes of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Thoughts on John Scott being voted in by fans?

5. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    It's a mix of thinking it's really stupid and it's kind of funny because it's the All Star game so who cares.

Darth-Lando and Frank T. like this.
  6. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    "Who cares" indeed. :p

Frank T. likes this.
  7. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I'm not a fan of the All Star game in general but John Scott's inclusion will at least get me to watch it.
    [​IMG]
    Who wouldn't tune in to see more of this man?

Frank T. likes this.
  8. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    They should really get rid of fan voting, but the All-Star Game has been extremely silly for some time now, and has always been an irrelevant sideshow so it's not a big deal really. At least the 3-on-3 tournament format will make it somewhat interesting this year.

James T Kirk likes this.
  9. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Darth-Lando likes this.
  10. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Sharks got more goals tonight than they have home wins this season. We needed that.

Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  11. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
  12. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    What do you guys think about the whole Stamkos thing. Do you think he will stay in Tampa or pull a Lebron James and go home, if not, then which teams do you think he might consider?

There's a good chance he won't stay in Tampa. I think he will go for free agency and test the market.
    He's probably going to sign a similar deal to Toews and Kane.

Thoughts?

13. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    I really doubt he stays in Tampa, despite his statements to the contrary. Something weird is going on over there with him and Cooper. Not sure where he'd go exactly....I don't think Toronto is a good fit, from the Leafs' perspective, but somewhere like Montreal or Nashville might work.

14. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    He won't walk. They'll trade him if they can't get a deal done by the deadline.

Most Tampa fans I talk to are pretty ok with it. The perception has shifted there from Stamkos being the guy to Hedman being the guy, the cornerstone. And the triplets have helped that along as well and made Stamkos a bit more expendable.

I kind of doubt he goes to Toronto. Based on the comments he's made in the past about how the fanbase in Tampa is great but he also enjoys relative anonymity, I think he likes it there enough that he wouldn't want to go to the heavy media and fan scrutiny of Toronto. That's just my gut though.

EDIT: Nashville makes sense in that regard.

15. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    As a Leafs fan I would love to see him come here. I understand that it doesn't make the most sense in terms of where we are in the rebuild though. Also his production has fallen off for three years now I think, which makes the money he'll ask for unjustifiable. HOWEVER, It's Stamkos and I've always loved his game, and his heart. If he'd like to come here, then I say make it happen. If he's not so keen and you have to overpay to make it happen, forget it.

I don't think Nashville is an option anymore with Johansson going there. Montreal makes a lot of sense to me. Might even push them over the top if Price can stay healthy this season.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  16. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    I think it also depends on where the Leafs finish and what their draft position is. If somehow the stars align and they get 1st overall then they're obviously taking Auston Matthews, which kind of takes Stamkos out of the picture.

By the way, JVR out 6-8 weeks. Let the tank commence!

17. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    8 wins in a row for the Blackhawks and only 2 points out of 1st!

Frank T. likes this.
  18. Darth_wanderguard

Apr 26, 2005
    Stars are on a sparing schedule right now. I think they'll widen the gap again I'm looking forward to the next Stars/Blackhawks game.

19. Obi_Wan_01

Aug 17, 2001
    wtf is Marc Bergevin thinking... cause' I don't get it.
    Are we on-route to miss the playoffs and be worse than the Leafs.

I hope this is a Steve Harvey moment, "I have to apologize.....................................the Habs have acquired Steven Stamkos"

20. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    They wanted Victor Bartley. In order to get him they had to take Scott as well.

21. Obi_Wan_01

Aug 17, 2001
  22. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    You guys just acquired an NHL All-Star. What's the problem? :p

cubman987 , Darth-Lando and Frank T. like this.
  23. Obi_Wan_01

Aug 17, 2001
  24. cubman987

Nov 7, 2014
    12 in a row for the Blackhawks...new franchise record!

Frank T. likes this.
  25. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Who would've thought after all the offseason drama that Patrick Kane would be having the best season of his career?