main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Well, I'd Rather Be Dead in Arizona Than Alive in Utah (NHL Discussion, Playoffs and Relocation)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yodave27, Nov 16, 2006.

1. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    lol @ Islanders

The Devils win tonight after a loss to the Trashers on Wednesday night. They beat the Capitals 4-1. Sarge (Sergei Brylin) continues to play great and has been hot lately. Zach Parise continues to work hard and play great getting a goal tonight and just shows why he is under-rated. Marty robbed the Caps all night only allowing that one goal. This moves the Devils into the top of the division and takes 3rd place away from the Rangers.

2. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    I haven't posted in a while.

I just want to say that the Habs are in 4th place with 47 points. I am really happy after so many heartbreaking years that they are finally doing decent-great.

The leafs are doing bad so I would like to take this opportunity to say something:

Dear Leafs,

Psych! Psych, psych, psych.

Signed, Super-psych.

That is all. :)

3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    I think he's trying to psych them out. [face_plain]

4. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    I'm not belittling the Islanders in any way: I'm just saying you have to exercise more scrutiny in comparing the two situations.

5. Yodave27

Yodave27 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    Oh, I know. IMO, the most important part of the NHL schedule is Jan 1st until the trade deadline, so we'll see what these teams are made out of. If I'm the Islanders, I look for secondary scoring (preferably another goood center) to complement the Yashin/Blake combo. If I'm Glen Sather, I try to find some servicable defenseman because mine are terrible.

BTW Baron, is Marc Staal ready? Because he certainly has been talked up (due to the Staal brother hype) the past few years.

6. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    Devils play Pittsburgh tonight after that frustrating loss to Atlanta on Saturday. Here's hoping Elias is back from his sore foot, as he was an unfortunate late scratch on Saturday. Here's also hoping for a good game.

7. Yodave27

Yodave27 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    lol @ Rangers!

8. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    lol @ Rangers

Despite the Islander win over the Rangers, the Devils won tonight against the Pens and still hold first place in the division and 3rd place in the standings. Devils played a good game tonight and Marty takes sole possession of 3rd place on the all time shutout list with 85 and his fifth shutout of the season. Gionta got his 100th career goal on a sweet backhand pass by Elias topping it with his own backhand shot over Flury. White was out on an injury which I'm not sure what was for. Pandolfo and Zajac also scored tonight. Next game is against Washington on friday!

9. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    Sharks Cheechoo, Thornton, and Marleau are still at the top of the list of Western Conference forwards on the All-Star ballot (as of 12-26-2006).

NHL.com article

10. DurronFan

DurronFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    The fact that those three guys are all ahead of Selanne is quite beyond me. Thornton I can kinda understand, last year's MVP after all, but Selanne should be ahead of Cheechoo and Marleau at least.

11. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Marleau I can understand, but Cheechoo is having a pretty weak year compared to last season. But then again, he didn't really take off then until Thornton joined the team halfway through the season.

12. Arminca

Arminca Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2006
    Glad I'm a Duck fan!

Go Pronger, Niedermayer bros., Penner, Selanne, Pahlsson, Kunitz, Getzlaf, McDonald, O'Brien, O'Donnell, Bryzgalov, and all the Duck players. Parros Kicks butt!
    The whole team is just awesome.

13. DurronFan

Jul 25, 2005
    All of a sudden my Flames have started to play really poorly again.:mad: I better see some improvement soon.

As for the Ducks, Iggy just got injured, don't remember for how long but this stretch without him is gonna be a real tester.

14. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    Devils won last night against the Caps 4-3 in which I was getting nervous that the Caps would actually come back near the end of the 3rd, but Brodeur saved us, thankfully. They have a nice lead on the division with the win and the loss of the Rangers from last night. Tonight the Devils take on the Islanders, should be good!

15. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    What a great game. It was a goalies game. Brodeur and Dipietro both played great, but Marty's Better! Rafalski scored on a fluke goal in which the puck was hit by two Islanders, a stick then a glove which then floated over Dipietro's shoulder and into the cage. It was held at 1-0 game for a while till the end of the 3rd when Elias scored on an empty net. Marty gets shutout #86 and needs 17 to reach Sawchuck, he also gets career win #467. The final tally was 2-0. This wasn't boring hockey by any means. Low-scoring games can always be exciting as this was. The Devils weren't boring tonight. This is why I love the Devils. They don't try to put high numbers on the board, they keep tight on defense and let the scoring chances come them.

The 3rd period was intense, hitting everywhere. Dipietro should have been called for that bear-hug on Gionta. Dipietro needs to stop "trying" to play the puck behind the net, he's no Brodeur. The Devils caught him so many times when he tried as he was making idiotic decisions when trying to play the puck.

It was crazy seeing Sarge get into a fight with Campoli at the end of the game. I only hope the game next week only brings something better between these two and maybe gets a rivalry going. I know Janssen will probably have something to say to Campoli.

16. DurronFan

Jul 25, 2005
    Perhaps the biggest LOL @ of the year will go to the Sharks who just lost to Phoenix 8-0! Poor Sharks. A loss like that can be traumatic.

17. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    And as for the low-scoring game, Brodeur said, "People always think a 7-6 game is the way to go for excitement. I think both teams tonight proved that theory wrong."

http://www.nj.com/sportsflash/devils/index.ssf?/base/sports-4/1167533367314170.xml&storylist=njdevils&thispage=2

Pretty much sums up what I've been trying to argue for low-scoring games from the Devils.

18. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    Yes, but the next day they bounced back to beat Dallas 4-2. And all four of the San Jose goals were scored in the first half of the first period.

19. DurronFan

Jul 25, 2005
    I'm sorry the phoenix loss still outweighs the dallas victory. But it did show a lot of character from the sharks to be able to bounce back in the next game. =D=

20. Psycho-Freak

Psycho-Freak Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    The Avs. ended a 3 game losing streak by winning 5-3 against the Preds today. =D= I still don't understand this team though, we win against the best and lose to the worst! :p [face_plain]

P-F

21. DurronFan

Jul 25, 2005
    Well if that's the case then the avs should do just fine in the playoffs.

22. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    Stevie Y's jersey is being retired tonight. I expect to see a friend of mine shed a tear or two, and not just because the Wings are playing Anaheim. :p

23. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    I'll probably be shot for this, but who's Stevie Y?

24. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    *BANG*

I'm watching the ceremony as we speak, and have to admit to a tear or two.

Stevie's my favourtie player of all-time mostly because as good a player as he was, he's an even better person.

This is an end of an era for Red Wing Hockey.

25. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    :eek:

[image=http://www.legendsofhockey.net:8080/LegendsOfHockey/trophies/winners/FST2000.jpg]

That was an awesome ceremony. So many old and familiar faces. And I was reminded why Yzerman is considered one of the classiest guys to ever play the game.

I loved how they sat Bob Probert and Joey Kocur right behind the penalty box during the game. [face_laugh]