main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Well, I'd Rather Be Dead in Arizona Than Alive in Utah (NHL Discussion, Playoffs and Relocation)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yodave27, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Yodave27

Yodave27 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    Isles vs. Leafs.

Go Isles.

2. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Me, for one.

3. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004
    Me for two.

~Liar, lawyer, Mirror for ya, What's the difference? Kangaroo be stoned, He's guilty as the government~

4. imperial_dork

imperial_dork Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2003
    QFT

Hahahaha, Stars beat the Avalanche. lol

I enjoy watching them lose almost as much as the Rangers or Flyers. Almost.

5. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    Devils and Coyotes tonight. Should be an interesting game. I wonder how the attendance is over there in Phoenix. It's a little tiring knowing the game starts at 9 pm (EST), but oh well, I can take it! [face_devil]

6. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    lol @ Toronto getting whipped 7-4 by Buffalo.

I can bet you that Buffalo commentator was saying "He shoots he SCOREEERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!" all night long. You know whom I speak of. ;)

Habs beat the Wild 4-2. :D

7. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    A disappointing loss last night, Devils lose to Phoenix (a last place team) 3-1. I would've thought that with at least Gomez coming back we would have our offense all wrapped up. but for some reason Lagenbrunner was moved from the Parise and Zajac line to the line with Madden and Pandolfo. If we had....

Zajac - Parise - Lagenbrunner
    Gomez - Gionta - Elias

I think the game would've turned out better, though it still would take Gomez a period or two to adjust being with Gionta and Elias again. I expect a different game on Friday against Anaheim. hopefully we have better pursuit of the puck and we don't have breakdowns.

8. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    lol @ the Buffalo player scoring in his own net

9. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    Unfortunately a loss today against Anaheim who they haven't played big against since the 2003 Stanley Cup finals and we all know how that went, ;). Devils lose to the Ducks 4-2. They came back in the 2nd after Elias and Gionta scored which I was hoping would bring the team back into the game. Brodeur looked like he was wiped out by the middle of the third after laying down on the ice for almost a minute there after making another acrobatic-like save. Janssen got into a fight but couldn't get much out of it as the Duck that was holding him pulled on Janssen a little too much and dislocated his shoulder after they got out of the pile-up. I hope he'll be playing tomorrow against San Jose, though I'm not holding my breathe.

I think the Devils were out of the game mostly because of those short-handed goals the Ducks scored in which I don't think I've seen the Devils give up any short-handed goals so far this year, although I may be exaggerating there. Brodeur was taken out of the net at the last minute and that's when the final nail was in the coffin. Here's hoping the Devils can bounce back and that it's nothing too serious for Janssen.

10. Yodave27

Feb 2, 2001
    So what's going on with the Islanders? I don't think I can handle them being good.

11. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    Devils and Sharks tonight! Should be an interesting game. They won in their last meeting 3-2. I'm hoping that Janssen is alright and can play, though as I said before I won't get my hopes up. This just means we need that 4th line to be more physical out there. I hope there isn't too much of a line change for tonight. Here's for a good game! [face_devil]

12. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    What the hell are you talking about? Jagr was the Peoples' (thank you, Larry Brooks) MVP last year and is among the league leaders in scoring. Go back to wallowing in anonymity in the Metropolitan area.

And Yodave:

POTVIN SUCKS!
    POTVIN SUCKS!

13. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    So then is this the new NHL discussion thread?

14. DarkPrince

Nov 10, 2005
    I still don't see it. As far as I can tell I don't think you should be building a team around one player just to give him all the goals to make him the league's leading point getter. If I remember last year during the playoffs against the Devils, that's all the Rangers did. Pass to Jagr, Pass to Jagr and look where that got them. I don't see how that's going to get you anywhere. I'm pretty sure that if you look at other teams, hell even the Devils, you don't see them passing to one guy to make all the goals. Everyone, at least from watching whoever is against the Devils, seems to be a balanced team and doesn't rely on one guy to make all the goals.

And seriously, what's up with that chant? Your saying a guy sucks for one hard hit he unloaded against your beloved Ranger that sidelined him for the season? Is there some special meaning to this chant? At least get something that makes sense. At leas the we have a chant that actually means something.

15. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    That's why the team acquired Brendan Shanahan, genius. And the team is much more than just Jagr.

And I think you don't quite understand the concept of a team's captain, as that does not imply he is the team's leading scorer or shot maker. He is merely the leader of the locker room and team's 'representative' when conferring with referees. Jagr is an experienced veteran and well deserving of the title after the team's success last year.

16. Yodave27

Feb 2, 2001
    They're just jealous of Potvin, that's all.

But I am seriously giddy over the upcoming Isles-Rangers game in Dec. We both have good teams (the Isles good? Shocking, I know!) ansd I can't wait to see Witt lay out Jagr. It's going to be awesome!

If you know the Rangers suck, clap you hands
    If you know the Rangers suck, in 66 they've won one cup!

17. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    Yeah, you guys need some Ws after we pwned you 6-2 in the season series last year.

18. Master_Kast7

Master_Kast7 Jedi Knight star 6

May 12, 2004
    Which brings up the question. Why are they opening their mouths?

~Liar, lawyer, Mirror for ya, What's the difference? Kangaroo be stoned, He's guilty as the government~

19. Yodave27

Feb 2, 2001
    If you know the Rangers suck, in 66 they've won one cup!

20. DurronFan

DurronFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    I would like to know the answer to this question as well. Are we gonna post consistently here or in the other NHL thread? Personally I don't care which one but I think we need to come to a decision in this.

Anyways, I don't hate Rangers but I don't like them either. Do I qualify? I rather spend my time hating the Kings.

21. Dubya_Scott

Dubya_Scott Jedi Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    I don't really hate the Rangers either. I'm just against Jagr, cause he was Thornton and Cheechoo's competition last season for scoring leader(s). :p

22. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    If the Bruins didn't suck so much last year (well, more like the last few years), Thornton wouldn't have been traded and Jagr would've won the MVP handily.

And I can't believe that overpaid loser Yashin is that much of an integral component of the Islanders, as they've struggled without him so far.

23. Yodave27

Feb 2, 2001
    AWWWW, Baron's feeling the heat!

Let's Go Islanders!

24. Yodave27

Feb 2, 2001
    One hour until the best rivalry in sports, baby!

25. Yodave27

Feb 2, 2001
    Ises jump out to the 4-0 lead, baby!!

lol@Rangers!