main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Well, I'd Rather Be Dead in Arizona Than Alive in Utah (NHL Discussion, Playoffs and Relocation)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yodave27, Nov 16, 2006.

1. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Gross indeed

2. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    Ovi's joy is beautiful to watch.

I can't wait to see Matthews hoist it next year.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk

3. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Very happy for Ovi, Backstrom and Holtby.

4. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Unless you're a Knights fan, I can't see how you wouldn't be happy for the Caps. The emotion from Ovie finally lifting the Cup was giving me flashbacks of Ray Bourque in 2001. Just an incredible moment.

5. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I mean, the man had paid his dues many times over. Now he can travel through Pittsburgh like a normal person.

6. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I am Super Excited to See my Capitals finally win the Stanley Cup! I think I turned my dad into a Hockey fan we watched every game together It was a Journey! My Birthday was the 5th of June I got a bunch of Gift cards from Amazon I am so buying a Caps hat! The Washington DC Area where I grew up and one of the most Liberal Cities in the country Its got to tick off Trumpers to see Washington win:D I almost wish I was back up north to celibrate with friends and Family!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    BigAl6ft6, Juliet316 and Darth_Duck like this.
  7. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    And if anything Vegas achieved far far more than most expected them to, especially for them being an expansion team in their first year of existence. Both they organization and their fans should be proud of everything this year, and who knows? Maybe they take this as a learning experience and win the whole damn thing next year.

8. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    I thought those Medieval Times opening shows were ridiculous really over the top It really turned me off to the Knights team as a whole. My dad thought it was ridiculous as well. and before every game just to much.

9. DarthBane93

DarthBane93 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 11, 1999
    Congrats to the Caps!! Great to see Ovie win, he deserves it. The fans of this team deserve it too.

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    This was from Game 3, but I'm sure Lynda Carter, aka Wonder Woman was celebrating all the same last night.

Congrats to the Caps!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    Juliet316 likes this.
  11. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah good to see Ovi finally get one. Russian Collusion in DC won a championship!

As for the Knights opening ceremonies, I thought they were kinda cheeseball Vegas gold, but I would have been really annoyed if an expansion team won the cup in theif 1st year.

12. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Seeing Trotz lift the Cup was the best possible outcome for me after the Hawks were out before the playoffs. I'm an Oshie fan too so it was satisfying watching him play throughout.

Vegas were out of their depth in the Finals but otherwise a good show.

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  13. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    Not Like Ovi Is the only Russian In the League Caps are well represented America, and Canada too!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  14. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    In the world of hockey, it's more scandalous that an American is the Leafs' best hope.

15. Starkiller17

Starkiller17 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 6, 2010
    The Toronto Marlies won the Calder Cup for the first time in franchise history tonight. It's probably the only time I'm going to see a professional hockey team from Toronto win a championship in my life.

Great. I made myself sad.

Darth_Duck and Boba_Fett_2001 like this.
  16. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
  17. Leoluca Randisi

Jun 24, 2014
    For people who don't like the Caps because Ovi is pals with Putin,
    Ted Leonsis Is a Democrat and donated to Barack Obama and Hillary Clintons Campaign!

Politics[edit]
    Leonsis once served as the mayor of Orchid, Florida. Leonsis got involved in politics after he ran a friend's campaign for Congress and worked as an intern for Paul Tsongas’ office in Washington, D.C.[87] He has donated to the campaign of Barack Obama during his 2008 and 2012 elections and Hillary Clinton in 2016.[88][89][90][91][92]

18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Boba_Fett_2001 likes this.
  19. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    leave the champs

..for the islanders

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  20. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    He's getting paid $3 million more though, can't blame him.

DarthTunick and heels1785 like this.
  21. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    They're putting in all the pieces to get Tavares to stay. God, NHL free agency is so boring.

[/totally not a salty Leafs fan]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Rangers are totally getting JT.

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    2018 Professional Hockey HOF's nominees have been chosen:

Brodeur, Marty St. Louis, Alexander Yakushev, Willie O'Ree, Jayna Hefford, and

[​IMG]

the namesake.

24. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    I've honestly never thought about a commissioner being inducted to a hall of fame, particularly when he's the current commissioner. Have other sports done this?

25. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Not really, but Tagliabue's been on the ballot at certain points for the pro football HOF for years know, always falls short before the final vote though.