main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Well, I'd Rather Be Dead in Arizona Than Alive in Utah (NHL Discussion, Playoffs and Relocation)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yodave27, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000

Daaamn this is big. Sucks to see Naz go but this is a trade they had to make.

heels1785 likes this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    i like that deal for both sides

kadri brings a much-needed edge to colorado's top (maybe second?) line. barrie has to be paid next offseason, but slotted with reilly, you've got an elite top pairing this yr.

3. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000
    Yes provided Babcock actually plays them together. Only took him like five games to break up Rielly-Muzzin but then again his toys are gone (Hainsey, Zaitsev) so he'll have no choice.

heels1785 likes this.
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
  5. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Kakko and Panarin are going to be ridiculous together.

What did you guys think of this? Malkin V Kessel

heels1785 likes this.
  6. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    i'd keep geno, 100 times out of 100.

kessel's a solid talent when surrounded by talent. healthy geno can carry a team.

7. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    I would too, but the reasoning is a little suspect. Galchenyk is no where near as good as Kessel. Stick him with Sid or something. That's 80-90 points you lost because these guys are acting like bleeping babies.

heels1785 likes this.
  8. Boba_Fett_2001

Dec 11, 2000

An overpayment as expected. Oh well, let's just get a Cup now.

Darth_Duck likes this.
  9. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    I hope Marner and Matthews can play D next year. This better be our year! lol Barrie and Muzzin's contracts are done next season. Not much in the back after that.

10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    first rangers preseason game this week, yayaya

off the floor, on the board

11. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    I assume with modern concussion protocols a player wouldn't be allowed to come back on like that today.
    I still remember seeing live on tv the hit Stevens made on Eric Lindros in the 2000 playoffs.

heels1785 likes this.
  12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    stevens played right on the edge, as did a lot of players of the 90s-early 00s era. hatcher, pronger, blake as defenders, mccarty as goon playing on the wing. lots of others.

never liked him, but never thought he was dirty like domi or raffi torres, looking to injure. stevens was just good at identifying prey - both kariya and lindros were skating with their heads down.

rj umberger knows how that goes.

[​IMG]

Juliet316 likes this.
  13. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    That will never happen again where a player goes back in. The lawsuits alone are the detriment, never mind the players health which should be the main issue.

Enjoy one of the GREATEST...

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    mike richter and dan girardi are my favorite rangers, ever. when girardi went to tampa, it ****ing sucked, moreso than the rest of our fire sales over the last three years.

he's retiring today. hopefully he gets a huge show of respect at msg, and enjoys a well-deserved rest!

15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    praise be, we back. happy opening night to all. go rangers, and **** the habs/flyers/isles. but most of all the bruins.

also this is nice

Darth_Furio likes this.
  16. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Well that didn't take long. 25 seconds in. Leafs down 1-0 lol

BigAl6ft6 and heels1785 like this.
  17. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Rebounded okay, I'd say!

Darth_Furio likes this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yah Leafs coming back pretty good from an inauspicious first goal of the season. Hopefully the new team captain will mean they can actually make it past the 1st round against Boston.

Darth_Furio and Darth_Duck like this.
  19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    so that was good, last night. lots of goals. henry stood on his head a few times, most notably during a PK after an egregiously stupid penalty from lemieux. panarin and trouba had wonderful debuts. kakko looked good, but he'll grow into his role.

winnie played solid, especially considering byfuglien's suspension/checking out and scheifele dealing with a nagging injury.

have i mentioned how ****ing happy i am that hockey is back. should get a win tomorrow against the putrid senators, then a week off prior to a trip to edmonton.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  20. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Mika!

heels1785 likes this.
  21. Obi_Wan_01

Obi_Wan_01 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    Oh... my... goodness... the Leafs are just so bad, just so awful. :)
    LOL@LEAFS
    Habs win 6-5 in SO

22. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Hab fan returns and gloats about win over back up goalie and a team that played the night before. We'll see where you end up at the end of the season.

23. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    flyers killed off a 5-on-3 tonight as brilliantly as i think i've ever seen for this early in the season, when pp/pk units almost always still have sea legs. also featured this save

carter hart was magnificent in shutout

24. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Only three games into the season and I already want to fire the Devils coach into the sun. [face_bleh] Blowing a 4-0 lead in our home opener might be the highlight of our season at this rate since at least we would've had a four goal lead to blow.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  25. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    @devilinthedetails You guys have a lot of talent now. Be patient with that team. Also, keep Taylor Hall healthy. :p Seriously though, I loved the PK Subban and Wayne Simmonds pick ups. Two cats that I'd love on the Leafs.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    devilinthedetails likes this.