main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Gary Whitta is no longer writer for spinoff movie.

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Momotaros, Jan 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I am pretty sure he said good things about the OT before he got the gig. He had no reason to lie back then.

But yes, any positive statements about the movies after he was assigned director are not very telling, imo.

As for his lie regarding Kahn, we'll have to agree to disagree.

Welcome to your brain, it makes assumptions all the time.

Where did I say that Abrams dislikes the prequels? It seemed to me like he was indifferent about them, he doesn't praise them like he did the OT. And yes, that's an impression/assumption, take it or leave it, I don't care.

2. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Abrams is either untrustworthy or he isn't.

You can't pick and choose what he says just to suit your purpose.

If telling a lie about a movie to make it more enjoyable is a big deal to you, so be it.

Welcome to your brain, it makes assumptions all the time. [/quote]

Never said any different. Doesn't mean it it is wise to make assumptions.

I never said you claim Abrams disliked them. The discussion began with someone else saying it and I asking how they knew, then I referenced the Issac thread and made a statement about the overall topic. There is nothing unclear here.

My point was that you and other are making assumptions - something that is considered true without any proof. My opinion is that this is not wise.

And you clearly do care. Why else are you involved?

3. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Wtf?

So how do you deal with untrustworthy speakers in real life? Context and behavior helps to discern what is truthful and what not. If you don't look at that, you might as well wear a blindfold.

So yes, I pick and chose what I believe the guy says. What else should I do, hm? Dismiss everything he says outright or believe him blindly?

I thought I would provide some additional info in form of the link to a thread in which the same thing was already discussed. I basically wanted to be helpful, a mistake I won't repeat again when you're around, I promise.

4. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    I thought I would provide some additional info in form of the link to a thread in which the same thing was already discussed. I basically wanted to be helpful, a mistake I won't repeat again when you're around, I promise.[/quote]

Yes, it was helpful because it had the quotes and excerpts in one in one place.

Why are you getting upset with me? You are the one being derogatory about people you don't know?

5. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Maybe because you're wasting my time by repeatedly trying to start an argument I have no interest in?

As for calling Abrams untrustworthy, that's what you get when you lie to the fanbase. Tough luck.

6. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009

How am I "repeatedly trying to start an argument" with you? I disagreed with your opinion and you got upset.

How is that my doing?

And as for your opinion of Abrams, because he told a fib about a movie - it makesn sense, and sorry to burst your bubble, but you don't speak for that fan base.

Seriously, what is the point of getting upset just because someone disagrees with you.

7. Darth_Pevra

May 21, 2008
    Oh yea, what a great discussion it was, in which we arrived at exactly the point we started, because guess what, I just stated my impression about something which is what I said in the very beginning.

Not wasting my time with you anymore.

8. Hoggsquattle

Feb 7, 2009
    What exactly am I supposed to respond to that with?

And we didn't "arrive back at the same starting point", you flew off the handle for no reason and we didn't get anywhere at all.

So it matters not a jot whether this carries on or not.

Regardless, good luck to you.

9. SlashMan

SlashMan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2012
    Necropost here, but look who's totally against fan toxicity and standing up for directors that get a lot of hate from fans
    http://sciencefiction.com/2018/08/08/rogue-one-star-wars-story-disgusted-rian-johnson-gone/
    I'm astounded that someone can even lack such self-awareness. Literally everything he denounces can be used to describe the lynch mob that that he participated in against George Lucas.

For those out of the loop:
    http://www.furiousfanboys.com/2014/...e-his-special-edition-prequel-bashing-online/

Deliveranze and ezekiel22x like this.
  10. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Locking, for lack of relevance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.