main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gears of War

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by -Phoenix-, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    IGN has the article.

March 21, 2007 - New Line has acquired the feature film rights to the popular Microsoft and Epic Games title Gears of War. Scripter Stuart Beattie (Collateral) will adapt the videogame for the big screen.

Apparently slated for a 2009 release.

2. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Everyone, set phasers to "kill Uwe Boll!"

3. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    That didn't take too long before it was decided to be made into a movie. Geez.

Never played it so I don't know if the concept would be any good. Hopefully it's not like Doom.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I'm not familair with the actual storyline of the game, but this movie should end with seemingly the last man in the world alive going out in a blaze of glory and revenge against the creatures while "Mad World" plays, just as in the commercial. For 30-60 seconds, it's a pretty effective, emotional, punch in the gut.

5. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Wow, I have a horrible feeling that this movie will taint the game's greatness quite a bit.

I watched Wild Hogs (yes, I saw that craptastic "film") the other day, and noticed how much John Travolta resembled Marcus Fenix. I'm not a fan of Travolta, but if they cast an actor based on appearance, he's the one to go to.

6. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    Actually, I think you're right. Travolta has a definite resemblance.

7. Radical_Edward

Radical_Edward Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2002
    I don't think that Travolta has the voice or the physical resemblance or the grit to make it passable. I don't think any A-list (or most any B-list) actor would fit the role.

8. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    this better not come out before the Halo movie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.