main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[GEN] Age Discrimination on the Boards

Discussion in 'Communications' started by TARATR, Aug 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    you should get out more

You should give us at least a small hint that your claims of being in Honors English are accurate. Thus far, I have yet to see the slightest bit of evidence to back up your statements pertaining to that issue.

Your posts would be taken much more seriously if people were able to read them without difficulty. No one here is perfect when it comes to spelling and grammar, but at least making an honest attempt (especially with claims of being in an Honors class) should be a priority of yours.

Edit: Seldon, the issue is somewhat moot at this point. I think what you need to understand is that when discussions turn to political topics, age will most assuredly be taken into consideration. We were not alive during some of the events that others here were alive during, just as they were not alive when George Washington was President.

Having lived through any experience gives someone a better perspective. When you are an adult, I can't imagine you sitting back and listening to teenagers with misguided opinions of the September 11th attacks, for example. I know I wouldn't, anyway. The difference is that we lived through those events, and therefore know firsthand the effect that they had on society, rather than reading them through other sources.

I think the best solution for you in this instance is to grasp the reality that your arguements will be criticized by those who actually were affected first hand by an event, as they are the ones who have the better understanding of what transpired.

2. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    I concur with jedi_master_ousley.

3. saberlord99

saberlord99 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 9, 2002
    i thnk cometss postss r jst phyne.

4. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I am in Honors English. Being in that class really means nothing. Some of the students in my class were devoid of any intelligence at all.

5. comet1440

comet1440 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 25, 2004
    Your posts would be taken much more seriously if people were able to read them without difficulty. No one here is perfect when it comes to spelling and grammar, but at least making an honest attempt (especially with claims of being in an Honors class) should be a priority of yours.

you really should get out more im a 100% serious . you should cut off your pc , ignore this post , go to a local bar and enjoy yourself , talk to the opposite sex , live life , dont let life live you .

6. saberlord99

Jul 9, 2002
    you really should get out more im a 100% serious . you should cut off your pc , ignore this post , go to a local bar and enjoy yourself , talk to the opposite sex , live life , dont let life live you .

Why did you post if you want him to ignore it? Your logic is truly dizzying.

7. Darth_Snowball

Darth_Snowball Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 21, 2004
    Grr...

I can't hold back. Comet, the problem is that you bait people. In my football thread, you were spamming the hell out of it by saying, Start the game, and don't make this a social thread.

It was my damn thread, and we were trying to make up the rules.

Next you post 2 rap songs, and 5 pictures of yourself. You also piss people off with your self proclaimed mod status.

I can go on for another hour, but it's not worth it. Just read the subject...

Snowball

8. sithsarbad

sithsarbad Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2003
    You all see, now we have pissed him off. Hurt his feelings, so of course, he goes to the arguement that we all need to get out more and get lives. Dude you are here just as much as anyone eles. I have been here about a year before you were, and you are beating me by about 500 posts. You complain about being flamed, but yet when you are proven wrong it is all you can do.

And again, YOU have no room to use the "we have no lives" argument.

EDIT: Snowball, you are the man.....

9. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Actually any thread with Comet in it becomes off topic.
    If you noted Comet, Ousley is not at a legal age to drink in the USA therefore he can't go to a bar and get a drink. How do you know who goes out and who does not? And who is to say you get out?

-Seldon

10. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    I am in Honors English. Being in that class really means nothing. Some of the students in my class were devoid of any intelligence at all.

However, one would draw the obvious conclusion that one in Honors English could construct a sentance with proper punctuation: something that comet (and others) do not seem capable of doing.

After all this discussion, you still have not made any visible attempts at making your posts easier to read. It's 9 pm on a Wednesday night, there isn't really a lot I can get out and do right now. Currently, I'm using my computer to communicate with friends, meaning that shutting it down would have the adverse effect by cutting me off from everyone. Considering that I am 15, I can not go to a bar and enjoy myself. I'm talking to a few females on AIM right now, not that it's any of your business. I'll live my life how I please.

11. comet1440

Jan 25, 2004
    Why did you post if you want him to ignore it? Your logic is truly dizzying.

thats what I find amazing , do you really actually care about my logic ? you really shouldnt , I wouldnt care if you typed the most insane post ever , I would just ignore it , not comment on it , why waste time commenting on my logic , thats the difference between me and everyone else here , they care , I dont .

Actually any thread with Comet in it becomes off topic.
    If you noted Comet, Ousley is not at a legal age to drink in the USA therefore he can't go to a bar and get a drink. How do you know who goes out and who does not? And who is to say you get out?

I dint check his , because I dont care about his age .

12. saberlord99

Jul 9, 2002
    thats what I find amazing , do you really actually care about my logic ? you really shouldnt , I wouldnt care if you typed the most insane post ever , I would just ignore it , not comment on it , why waste time commenting on my logic , thats the difference between me and everyone else here , they care , I dont .

Then why do you post in a Comms thread where people who care about the state of the boards post?

13. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Yes I do agree with you Ousley about that.
    The above comet post further proves Ousley's points about his grammar. Another thing comet besides the fact that you don't care, you have already stated in another thread that you are in opposition to any forum which is not about SW. Then why do you continue to post here?

Anyway this is getting off topic and we all falling into what Comet wants "A discussion about himself". That is what he wants, so I suggest we all get back on topic.

-Seldon

14. sithsarbad

Feb 2, 2003
    Comet, you just contradicted your self there mate. If you didn't care what we posted, why are you here crying about it.

And I know you wont reply to this post.

EDIT: P.S. comet, If you don't know what contradicted means feel free to PM me, and I will tell you....

15. comet1440

Jan 25, 2004
    * reframings from commenting any furthur with hopes everyone will go back on topic *

16. sithsarbad

Feb 2, 2003
    Yet another cop out. Why don't you just admit that "yeah" you were wrong, and just become a better poster and put all of this behind you?????

17. comet1440

Jan 25, 2004
    why dont you just stay on topic !!!!!!!!!!!?????

18. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    Please what Comet wants is this pointless discussion of his illogical behavior to continue. I urge you all to get back to the topic at hand.

19. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    I think condescending posts are unavoidable in political discussions, so you'll just have to live with it.

20. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    thats what I find amazing , do you really actually care about my logic ?

I doubt that anyone truly cares about your "logic." It comes down to people being frustrated by your seemingly endless supply of posts which only cause other JC members to form a more negative opinion about you. We're merely trying to help you be less hated, comet. Sadly, it isn't working.

you really shouldnt , I wouldnt care if you typed the most insane post ever , I would just ignore it , not comment on it ,

And yet you sit here replying to our posts, correct? Obviously you would not sit back and ignore us, because that is most certainly not what you are doing right now.

why waste time commenting on my logic , thats the difference between me and everyone else here , they care , I dont .

Obviously you do care, as I explained in my previous paragraph. If you really don't care, then I suggest you leave the thread. Perhaps some of us care about our time spent here at the JC forums, whether you do or not. When our visits here are made less enjoyable by members such as yourself, we will of course take issue with it.

* reframings from commenting any furthur with hopes everyone will go back on topic *

why dont you just stay on topic !!!!!!!!!!!?????

Nice job of not commenting any further.

Oh, and Seldon: check my edit on the previous page. I addressed one of your posts, but by the time I was done editing, the discussion had moved on to this page.

21. sithsarbad

Feb 2, 2003
    Yeah guys I am out. This is going no where. Comet just wants attention, and sadly we are giving it to him. Comet this may be the last thing I ever say to you. Grow up.

22. jedi_master_ousley

Jun 14, 2002
    Anyway, I think the point here is that in any political discussion, age is an important factor. Therefore, anyone not alive during an event (or old enough to understand the event) will have a very different perspective, and therefore will be criticized by those who actually experienced what happened.

23. Darth-Seldon

May 17, 2003
    I agree with your points Ousley on this page and on the previous one.
    I understand that I can't possibly know it better the they.
    And I know that people will point to my age, I defend myself quickly and in the end it does not hurt me, only their own argument.
    I just grow tired when the political debate becomes an age debate and a thread gets so off topic that it becomes those who are flaming about age and those who are defending it.

I think some people should just move on and stay on topic rather then endlessly debating various ages.

Another thing Ousley is that no one really debates pearl harbor...people may not debate 9/11. What people do debate years after the event is how the President handled it. I mean this is what is debated and the people who live through it have very different views of it. My opinions of President George W. Bush are dramatically different from my father's. We both were alive when it happened but we have different views of it. That is what is debated so it really does not matter as much who is alive and who is not. I mean sure it helps your argument if you were alive at the time. However that does not prevent you from debating it years after even if you were not alive at the time. You can still make valid points despite your age.

-Seldon

24. Qui Gon Jim23

Qui Gon Jim23 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 11, 2002
    I urge you all to get back to the topic at hand.

He's right, the failure of the Carter Administration is a much more important discussion than whether kid-comet is the teeny little sex machine he seems to want people to believe he is.

25. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Being around at the time of the event doesn't necessarily equate with experience. For example, twenty years from now, some sixteen year-old could be arguing for the Iraq War or for an opinion on the causes of the September 11th attacks. I could claim that since I was around at that time, I'm therefore more "experienced" than the teenager; in reality, I couldn't have been further from the sites of the attacks and still be in the continental United States, nor did I experience the Iraq war firsthand. I don't think age should be a factor in any political debate, unless it's something like "How did you feel about the Vietnam War when it was happening?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.