main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[GEN] PROPOSAL: JC Honor Students

Discussion in 'Communications' started by dp4m, Dec 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CitizenKane

CitizenKane Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2004
    But there are just a small handful of people who have been truly active without a break for four years. There's also the reality that for years, many old posts were automatically pruned by the system (or for other reasons), which can sort of delete evidence of activity. It's also questionable as to whether a standard of activity could be reached that everyone could agree on.

All those objections could be easily remedied.

I'm not sure what the point of rewarding people for simply sticking around for that long is, especially since the good ones tend to get rewarded in other ways.

If you're not made a mod, you really don't get anything significant, other than respect points around the boards.

This reply sucks, and it'll have to do for now. I am on my way out of town for the day. So, until later. :)

2. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    Let me just chime in to say that I think that the colors for 4+ years is a great idea.

3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    But there are just a small handful of people who have been truly active without a break for four years.

I think that anyone from Nov 01 deserves recognition... :p

Anyways, this seems to have run its course. We're onto something else at the moment. Do people want this to remain open or should I lock it at this point?

4. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    I think that anyone from Nov 01 deserves recognition.

[face_mischief].

In all seriousness, I'd say this is all just about done (at least in regard to the original proposal).

5. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I agree that we seem to be done here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.