main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

General CCG Stuff

Discussion in 'Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Jedi Bib, Apr 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    Post any general CCG questions, comments, reactions to recent news, whatever else doesn't warrant its own topic--here :)

2. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    So what set is gonna be after Tatooine?

3. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Probably Refelctions 3 and Coruscant (which will be a full 180 card expansion set).

4. Spud The Hutt

Spud The Hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 1999
    Coruscant better narn well be a 180 card expansion...and none O' this pansy "Yeah it'll have Episode 1" and then only give us main characters (WHAT? No Queen Amidala? No Captain Panaka? No flippin' space anything?) and a buch of OT cards that should have been in a skywalkers set. Na, next time they had better deliver the whole shabang, cause if they don't then, aww man they are gonna have one angry Hutt on their fool butts. Word.

Spud

PS - Coke kills people. Drink Pepsi.

5. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    Well, why should there have been an Amidala, Panaka, or space....this IS Tatooine. And remember also that these Ep1 sets were originally supposed to be the Skywalker expansion...back before Decipher got the okay to put TPM into the core game.

Coruscant is gonna be nasty for the LS. Lots of Jedi. Which also tells me that Sidious is gonna be one sweet and powerful card...

6. DarkLordOTS

DarkLordOTS Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2001
    i dont think sideous will be as strong as many People think. I think Sideous will be a persona of Senator Palpatine for DS. LS will have its own version "Senator Palpatine". DS will be Republic and Dark Jedi Master, LS will be republic and the rules will work much like the Lando rules, except DS can convert. The "clincher" text on sideous would be "may not be battled by (republic) characters" to simulate the idea that the Republic thinks he's a good guy.
    As for the Jedi i think there will be some restrictions stemming from Qui-Gon's line "we can only protect you, we cannot fight a war for you"

but this is all my speculation

7. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    I think just the opposite. First off, I do agree that there will be a Senator Palpatine card (not neccessarily a character), but Sidious won't be a Republic character. I mean we assume that Palpatine is Sidious, but only one person knows whether that is true...and I have a funny feeling that Star Wars Fandom is in for a BIG surprise come Episode III. (And how can I say that? Take a look at the Phantom Menace credits. Sidious isn't mentioned at all.)

Anyway, I think that Sidious will be difficult to battle because he is such a well kept secret, but there's no reason why he should be excluded from battles by himself (he's battled pretty easily in Young Jedi afterall). However I do think that he may get a card similar to Aurra's Quietly Watching effect.

8. 4Q2

4Q2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2001
    I think you're gonna see something like this:

Sidious: may not deploy if Palpatine on table.

Palpatine: may not deploy if Sidious on table.

After all, in the movie, you only saw one of them at a time. Never together.

You won't (or shouldn't) see "persona replacement" between Sidious and Palpatine. Even if Sidious and Palpatine are the same person, in the movie you don't see Palpatine "converting" to the dark side.

Of course, that's just my opinion. And that plus a nickel is worth about $0.05. :)

9. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Perhaps Sid and Palpy will be a double sided card.

10. Spud The Hutt

Sep 30, 1999
    Red - If you want to use that logic then Obi-Wan shouldn't be in Tatooine either. What did he do the whole time on Tatooine? Nothing more than the others mentioned. The reason the others aren't in is because they want to ease into the Ep 1 stuff and not tick off people who think that OT is being abandoned in the game. As for space I just think it would have been nice to get Maul's intercepter and the Queens nubian that's all. All in all I think that this is a rather lame move. If you are going to do something go all the way. But, that's just this Hutts opinion. ;)

As far as the Sidious/Palpy thing goes, I like the whole idea of one or the other, not both. And when they do come out with a Sidious card he'll probably end up something like Yoda: only deploys on [insert planet name] may not battle unless [insert effect name] is on table. They do have their work cut out for them on this one, that much is for sure!

Spud

11. Jedi Bib

Jedi Bib Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 16, 2000
    WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY THREAD?

A little heavy on the editing, isn't it?

12. Grendel1138

Grendel1138 Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2001
    The thing that scares me about the Coruscant set is the Jedi Council... Great, now you'll have 15 Jedi running around the game board hacking and slashing at Maul, Vader, Mara, Smiley (Palpy) and Aurra to death. It's not fair I tells ya...

But it would be fair if they added the 7 Dark Jedi from Dark Forces II... Heh heh heh...

I would kill for a Jerec card!

13. Red84

Oct 20, 2000
    I really don't think the Council Members are gonna work that way. Remember that the Council Jedi are more political Jedi than warriors and I think that they will be confined to Coruscant either directly or indirectly. Don't be surprised if the DS gets a common Effect called The Jedi Council with game text that will say something like: While on table you take no battle damage from a battle involving a [Coruscant icon] Jedi and those Jedi may only target your Dark Jedi with weapons.

14. Grendel1138

Grendel1138 Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2001
    Well, I'm sure the Jedi Council will be curbed in some fashion (Higher Deploy, Deploy Restrictions) but imagine a Coruscant Celebration Deck with an Armed Jedi at every Site. Agents of Black Sun, Huntdown and ISB would be trashed out right. Even Maul couldn't handle the number of Jedi to duel.

An effect like you said would be very very nice to have but maybe the Droid Armies of the Trade Federation will even the score. Obi-Ewan and Qui-Gon did have trouble with Destroyer Droids...

15. Spud The Hutt

Sep 30, 1999
    Good point Grendel. Hadn't thought about them pesky things. I too agree that the Jedi will be water down as far as sheer strength. However, the gameplay may change significantly between OT and PT aspects of the game, especially when the two are split. In the past the DS has always had the power factor over the LS because in the films the Empire had all the resources and the Rebels were limited in power and were forced in to hit 'n fade tactics. Now, though, the tables are turned. The Empire has yet to emerge and the DS plays a much more subtle role as opposed to the much more powerful presence of the LS's Old Republic. So, maybe the Jedi will be more powerful than we can imagine...then again maybe not, but it sure is thought provoking eh?

Spud

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    random thought- I wonder if one could make a sucessful deck by combining TTO and You May Start Your Landing, basicly a half TTO-half Walker deck...seems to me that if you could get the DS2 in orbit over Hoth with YMSYL going [supported by a couple Presence of the Force to give you more force icons to drain with] you could deliver major damage...almost 20 cards under optimal conditions in a single turn. I guess you'd need to sacrifice the DS2's Big Blue protection to pull it off...but with We Shall Double Our Efforts, a couple Scythes would seem sufficient...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.