main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit GENERAL QUESTION THREAD (What to read? Where to start? What's canon? What's not? Duros, etc.)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    The shadowy cloaked figure in TIE Fighter tattoos Marek Steele using his hand magic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Do we have any knowledge about what planets the Kwa coloniced?

Tython Awakening likes this.
  3. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    I don’t think there were any specific planets detailed, but it is known that their territory extended close to the Gree Enclave, so a reasonable assumption would be planets between Dathomir and Gree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tython Awakening and Gamiel like this.
  4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Given that there's a Kwa Gate on Tython:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kwa

(and that they were supposed to have gotten to Lehon via Gating)- maybe their territory extended in that direction?

5. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    How did Kibh Jeen find out about the Banites?

6. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    When did the Hutts first arrive on Tatooine?

7. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I recall something from the Darth Plagueis book where Gardulla and Jabba were competing for loans from the Muuns in order to set up shop on Tatooine.
    As expansive as the old EU was its entirely possible there was a presence before that, but don't quote me on it.

EDIT: Correction, According to Wookiepedia that was merely her attempt to push Jabba off Tatooine which indicates they have been on the planet for some time beforehand.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
  8. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Does Episode I Racer use the word, "Bendu" and/or the phrase, "Dai Bendu"?

9. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Well, we know Jabba's been there for more than 500 years (he moved into the B'omarr monastery in 516 BBY):

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/516_BBY

I don't know exactly when Gardulla the Elder first settled there though.

EDIT: Apparently there was a "Hutt Cartel" controlling it in TOR:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tatooine/Legends

Sometime between Revan's visit and 3641 BBY, Czerka completely pulled out of Anchorhead, abandoning the Secret Weapons complex. Unlike the corporations before Czerka, Czerka's presence was replaced with a vacuum for a long time, this left the planet to plunge into complete anarchy. Authority on the world had an extreme informal control by disorganized criminals, but they were later united by a group of dissidents, who called themselves the Hutt Cartel. The Republic had yet again began to use the planet for a supply stop. During the Cold War, the Sith Empire also set up a small outpost near Anchorhead in an effort to discover the secrets of the Czerka Secret Weapons division.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018
  10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Have Force and Destiny introduced any new Force traditions?

11. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Is there a reason that some starfighters have droids in them and some don't?

12. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Possibly it's a design thing - with some designers believing the best place to store navicomputer coordinates, is in a droid rather than on the ship itself. The droid's ability to perform repairs while the ship is in flight, may also be a selling point.

DarthJaceus likes this.
  13. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Honestly could also be a matter of size. Like the A-wing needs to be small and filled to the brim with all essential systems, thus an astromech would take up far too much space. I have heard a good theory on the B-wing's lack of one being that it had all that hardware already due to its size. Other fighters that they needed more of like E-wings and X-wings they could afford putting astromechs in compared to the price of the fully independent B-wing.

14. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Were the Architects/Celestials ever suggested to be Force-users before Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse?

15. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Luke's told Jacen did say that he wanted to avoid becoming a Celestial, in Abyss.

DarthJaceus likes this.
  16. lovethedarkside

lovethedarkside Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 10, 2017
    Hi. Not sure if I should post this here or in the other thread, but since this is the general question thread, I figure I'd start here.

I've read lots of the books, but none of the comics. After seeing some of the comics posted online, I'm thinking of giving them a try. But, I'm not really interested in picking them up one at a time. They seem to become available every week or so, and I'm not sure I have the patience to wait for the next issue, nor do I want to go to the store often.

So, my questions are...Do they have consolidated issues that I can buy when the series is done? How many weeks/months does a typical series take to run its course? How many issues are in a typical series? I'm not sure I'm using the right lingo, but hopefully I'm making sense.

Any advice on how to get started on the comics would be appreciated. Thanks!

DarthJaceus likes this.
  17. DarthJaceus

DarthJaceus Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 6, 2016
    Hello there! This is the perfect place to ask, I would imagine. As for how long it takes a series to run it's course, it varies from series to series, I'm not sure what the average would be considered. As for "consolidated issues" there are what's called trade paperbacks, which collect all the issues of a story arc/series into one book. This is what I collect, because for me personally it has always been more expensive to buy each individual issue. Story arcs range anywhere from 1-10 issues typically.

18. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    What are the best Luke Skywalker "Legends" stories?

19. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    TTT, Shadows of Mindor, (while imperfect overall) Truce at Bakura, (while very much of its time) splinter of the minds eye, and likely several books from the series in Legends. Sadly I have yet to read dark nest or NJO and the like

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
  20. lovethedarkside

lovethedarkside Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 10, 2017
    Thanks @DarthJaceus, for the reply and info.

As a Jacen and Darth Caedus fan, I love your name!

DarthJaceus likes this.
  21. DarthJaceus

DarthJaceus Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 6, 2016
    Thank you sir! Why, I like him so much I combined both his names!

lovethedarkside likes this.
  22. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    Thanks.

23. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I second VNC's list. TTT still stands as one of the best group of Luke-centric novels. SoM is about as heroic Luke as you're going to get. Truce is better than the later Bantams - for instance, Children of the Jedi has an interesting Luke story, but it's a weird novel overall. By NJO and Dark Nest, Luke takes up more of a backstage mentoring role. He plays center stage once in a while, especially in the FotJ, but he's... different. I preferred the earlier Luke more. He's too political in the later years.

Some of my favorite Luke stories are in the original Marvel comic run from the 80s, and the Dark Empire comics. There you get some good tales about Luke adventuring on strange planets, encountering weird villains, etc.

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    He is not the main character but the mentor of the main characters in the Young Jedi Knight series but when he appear he is really good written.

DarthPhilosopher likes this.
  25. DarthPhilosopher

Jan 23, 2011
    @Barriss_Coffee @Gamiel

I've got TTT, the Dark Empire Trilogy, Truce at Bukara and Shadows of Mindor to read. Should I read them in chronological order, or should I read TTT first?