main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit GENERAL QUESTION THREAD (What to read? Where to start? What's canon? What's not? Duros, etc.)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Luke's father... [face_thinking] Was he not a navigator on a spice freighter?

Supreme Leader Woke and MrDarth0 like this.
  2. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    has anyone bought this Star Wars Archives book yet?

3. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    In Legends, he didn’t know. In one of those Rebel Force books, he competes in a podrace and it’s not mentioned. Threepio is almost about to tell him, he says something like “Humans are historically bad podracers, with one exception being—“ and then he gets interrupted and can’t finish his sentence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Haven't read the book, but how would 3PO know? His memory was wiped. Unless its general knowledge that some slave kid named Anakin Skywalker won the Boonta Eve on Tatooine over 30 years ago or 3PO is secretly a podrace aficionado in his spare time (would actually make some sense considering Anakin built him), there is no way for 3PO to know about Anakin.

Dr. Steve Brule and Gamiel like this.
  5. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    R2's memory wasn't wiped tho was it ? I always wonder if he told 3PO stuff .

cwustudent likes this.
  6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It didn't come up in the most natural place it could have in Legends, which would have been Tatooine Ghost. Like others said chances are he just didn't know, at least not until R2 showed him ROTS on Blu-ray hologram.

Luke also didn't seem familiar with podracing when he spontaneously entered a race in the fourth annual for Marvel Star Wars, so it might not have been around anymore when he was growing up.

7. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    The issue of Star Wars Tales that shows Big Gizz and friends fighting a Dark Trooper on Tatooine has them in a ruined version of the pod racing starting location, which to me always implied podracing had gone out of style.

DarthJaceus and Nom von Anor like this.
  8. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    The reason I asked is actually because in Complete Locations, both the original and new canon versions, it mentions that Fixer was building his own podracer in the garage at Tosche Station to try and sell it in Mos Espa. It made me wonder if when he was scouting out podracing buyers there, anyone might have mentioned the old human podracer named Skywalker.

DarthJaceus likes this.
  9. gezvader28

Mar 22, 2003
    what's the status of Anakin post-ROTS ? I mean as far as what happened to him , is he reported dead ? A victim of the "traitorous Jedi" ?

10. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    He's officially reported as dead. Killed in the last days of the Clone Wars. Not sure if he's considered one of the "traitorous Jedi" killed by clone troopers or a "loyalist" that died fighting the Jedi or the Separatist though.

11. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Jerjerrod was in the room when Sheev said, "Young Skywalker will be one of us." What did Jerjerrod think that meant?

12. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Jerjerrod's characterization has varied so wildly I couldn't even begin to guess.

(Seriously - he originated in drafts as a Krennic-like figure, Vader's less threatening political rival, then at one point he was going to get the most sympathetic moment of an Imperial officer in the OT by objecting to the Emperor's orders to fire on Endor, then in the novelization he's a sadist who gleefully embraces said order while reminiscing about torturing animals as a kid, and I can't even remember what the EU did with him. It's kinda hilarious.)

13. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The objection to firing on Endor is in the same novel that the "sadistic Jerjerrod" scene is:

The Emperor hissed. "Your fleet is lost — and your friends on the Endor Moon will not survive..." He pushed a comlink button on the arm of his throne and spoke into it with relish. "Commander Jerjerrod, should the Rebels manage to blow up the shield generator, you will turn this battle station onto the Endor Moon and destroy it."
    "Yes, Your Highness," came the voice over the receiver, "but we have several battalions stationed on—"
    "You will destroy it!" The Emperor's whisper was more final than any scream.
    "Yes, Your Highness."

Commander Jerjerrod sat, brooding, in the control room of the Death Star, watching all about him crumble. Half of his crew were dead, wounded, or run off - where they hoped to find sanctuary was unclear, if not insane. The rest wandered ineffectually, or railed at the enemy ships, or fired their guns at all sectors, or shouted orders, or focussed desperately on a single task, as if that would save them. Or, like Jerjerrod, simply brooded.
    He couldn't fathom what he'd done wrong. He'd been patient, he'd been loyal, he'd been clever. he'd been hard. He was the commander of the greatest battle station ever built. Or, at least, almost built. He hated this Rebel Alliance now, with a child's hate, untempered. He'd loved it once - it had been the small boy he could bully, the enraged baby animal he could torture. But the boy had grown up now; it knew how to fight back effectively. It had broken its bonds.
    Jerjerrod hated it now.
    Yet there seemed to be little he could do at this point. Except, of course, destroy Endor - he could do that. It was a small act, a token really - to incinerate something green and living, gratuitously, meanly, toward no end but that of wanton destruction. A small act, but deliciously satisfying.
    An aide ran up to him. "The Rebel fleet is closing, sir."
    "Concentrate all fire in that sector." he answered distractedly. A console on the far wall burst into flame.
    "The fighters in the superstructure are eluding our defense system, Commander. Shouldn't we-"
    "Flood sectors 304 and 138. That should slow them up." He arched his eyebrows at his aide.
    This made little sense to the aide, who had cause to wonder at the commander's grasp of the situation. "But sir ..."
    "What is the rotation factor to firing range on the Endor Moon?"
    The aide checked the compuscreen. "Point oh two to moon target, sir. Commander, the fleet-"
    "Accelerate rotation until moon is in range, and then fire on my mark."
    "Yes sir." The aide pulled a bank of switches. "Rotation accelerating. Point oh one to moon target. Sixty seconds to firing range. Sir, good-bye, sir." The aide saluted, put the firing switch in Jerjerrod's hand as another explosion shook the control room, and ran out of the door.
    Jerjerrod smiled calmly at the view-screen. Endor was starting to come out of the Death Star's eclipse. He fondled the detonation switch in his hand. Point oh oh five to moon target. Screams erupted in the next room.
    Thirty seconds to firing.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  14. T7-01

T7-01 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2016
    I still don't now what the "relationship" between Krennic and Tarkin really was.

I (think that I) undestand that:

- Krennic and Poggle made a deal
    - Poggle escaped
    - Krennic loses a lot of credt for that
    - Tarkin has interest in projekt stardust
    - Krennic recruits Galen, but loses him again (very bad for him).

Not sure about that:

- Tarkin takes control (?), but Krennic is responsible for the protection.
    - all the stuff that happens in "Tarkin"
    - Tarkin and Krennic become real rivals.
    - Krennic finds Galen again.

Whats going on?

In Rebels: Tarkin talks about Krennics project stardust
    In Rogue One: Tarkin takes control (again?) and Krennic is angry about that.

So can someone explain that for me? And I'm not sure where Darth Vader annual #2 fits in all that.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2018
  15. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    Tarkin is the military/political guy in charge of the Death Star as a military weapon/base. Krennic is an architect/engineer in charge of the Death Star's construction. Krennic assumes incorrectly that once the construction is finished, he will be the military/political guy. Tarkin, unsure if it will work, calls it Krennic's project in order to cast blame on Krennic if something goes wrong. Once the weapon is successfully tested on Jedha and the construction is near completion, Tarkin steps up and takes the reins from Krennic.

16. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    And he uses the security leaks as justification to do so.

17. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Did the Banites always plan for one of them or someone controlled by them to be elected Chancellor and then that person "reorganize" the Republic into an Empire or did Palpatine himself come up with that plan?

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  18. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    I don't know about canon, but in Legends, I believe each Sith had their own plan. The elected Chancellor scheme didn't come into fruition until Plagueis and Sidious. The original plan by them was to have Sidious become Chancellor with Plagueis appointed as Vice-Chancellor, or at least a high-ranking advisor.

darklordoftech and DarthJaceus like this.
  19. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Is Order 66 "kill your Jedi general" or "kill all Jedi"?

20. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    The latter, or the Padawans would've been safe.

21. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    In Legends, Order 66 only refers to "Jedi officers," including generals and commanders, actively serving with the Grand Army. Buried innocuously in the middle of the GAR's other 149 contingency orders, Order 66 was specifically coded as a severe but ultimately mundane action of limited reach, affecting only military personnel. Things like Operation: Knightfall and all subsequent actions that eventually made up the early Jedi Purge came about as a result of related but separate orders.

Current canon doesn't appear to have an absolutely definitive answer, as far as I'm aware, but it certainly seems to be the latter rather than the former at this time.

22. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Whatever happened to the Shuttle Tydirium after the Battle of Endor? Did the Rebels retrieve it and use it for any future missions?

23. Daneira

Jun 30, 2016
    In Legends, after the ground battle was over, Han took it up to the ISD Accuser and then claimed to be an Imperial officer and took over the ship, later renamed the Emancipator by the rebels. Nothing in canon, I don't think.

Nom von Anor and darkspine10 like this.
  24. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    TCW was setting up something with the Zillo Beast getting cloned. Did that go anywhere?

25. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    to the nether-canon of Lego Star Wars .
    see :26s

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
    Xammer likes this.