main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit GENERAL QUESTION THREAD (What to read? Where to start? What's canon? What's not? Duros, etc.)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Has the species used by the slavers on Mandalore in Marvel's old Star Wars #68 ever been established?
    [​IMG]

2. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    The space camel finally got a name: *drum roll* ...spamel. At 2:07, if it doesn't automatically jump to there:

Star Wars Kids is Disney + Lucasfilm, and on their site and YouTube channel they publish the Galaxy of Adventures and Fun Facts shorts and the Bucket's List videos for Resistance, as well as these By the Numbers videos. I'm only laying that out because I imagine there's a bunch of opinions on whether or not their informational material from any of those lines of videos is canon or canon-ish or canon when not overridden by the films/shows or actually not safe to cite as a source (apparently good enough for Wookieepedia but let's not get into that argument either) or etc. etc. etc. I dunno, I'm just here to post spam. Er, spamels.

Barriss_Coffee and Gamiel like this.
  3. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Spamel??? That is dumb. And it clearly has horse like hooves, not camel feet.

4. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Ah, yes. I see we're drawing the line at Spamel as opposed to... Any other species.

JediBatman likes this.
  5. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Spactrian and spromedary spamels. 'Spungulate' sounds like a spore or fungus. 'Sporse' is really fun to say; 'spequine' not so much.

Let's keep going for all the Terran animals. Spippopotamus. Spiraffe. Sponkey. Spandex.

Can you hybridize them? Spantha. Spappabore.

Vthuil likes this.
  6. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Is there an official number on how many Red Guards there usually were at a time? During the Republic or the Empire more specifically.

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Have we seen ectoplasm in SW?

8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I think it's Riptide.

9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Riptide [face_thinking] *look it up*

Ugh, what kind of boring cover is that?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Beside the below image, have we ever seen Silri use a sword?
    [​IMG]

11. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Did Droidography canonize some form of the Freemakers? Or is Droidography not really a "canon" work per se?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  12. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  13. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    TX-130 coming to Battlefront 2 multiplayer. Canon? I've always viewed the multiplayer as that awkward pseudo canon territory where the characters and equipment are canon but the way the events transpire are not.

vncredleader likes this.
  14. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Honestly I am just glad to have it back one way or another, and please they finally gave the Pubs a dang tank. They adjusted the price of walkers sure, but it still did not change the balance issue with only the Seppies having tanks, and only the FO, Imps, and Seppies having closed off vehicles. Like everyone getting stuck with at-rts shifted them to having to focus on being anti infantry

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Did any of the cities on Kiffu get any names?

16. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jo B1 Kenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jul 3, 2014
    I'm just finishing a very enjoyable re-watch of The Clone Wars TV series and I wondered if there are any good Clone Trooper / Stormtrooper novels which anyone could recommend? I love cannon and Legends so I don't mind how old or new it is. I vaguely remember seeing the covers of some SW books with troopers on the front at my local library years ago when I was first reading the NJO books but I've not read this sub-genre before so I don't know what's good and what's not.

Sent from my HUAWEI M2-A01W using Tapatalk

17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Allegiance is pretty good for Stormtroopers, as is Survivor's Quest.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
    Jo B1 Kenobi and PCCViking like this.
  18. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    And the follow up to Allegiance, Choices of One.

Jo B1 Kenobi and Iron_lord like this.
  19. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Republic Commando series has its good points as well when it comes to showing the clone point of view, as does The Cestus Deception.

20. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Did Commander not already canonizethe TX? I could have sworn they had it in the game but it has been a while since I played it.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

21. Jo B1 Kenobi

Jo B1 Kenobi Jedi Master star 2

Jul 3, 2014

Thanks so much - I'll look up Allegiance, Choices of One and Survivor's Quest and look into the Republic Commando series and The Cestus Deception. I love the idea of exploring the trooper point of view, for clones and stormtroopers.

Thanks again!

Mia Mesharad and PCCViking like this.
  22. DoubleGold

DoubleGold Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 3, 2013
    Can anyone recommend and updated guide to Star Wars planets and other things star wars?
    The Essential Atlas looks promising, but it was done before Episodes 7-9. Is that the best there is, or is there something more promising out there?

23. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Essential Atlas might not be all canon, but it's still the best.

PCCViking likes this.
  24. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Also a bunch of people from here (including me) were name-checked in the Acknowledgement section. It's near the beginning of the book so if you do the 'Look Inside' on Amazon you'll see us.

PCCViking likes this.
  25. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    The Essential Atlas is definitely the best there is, and it's safe to assume that most of the planets in the book are still located in the exact same place. Don't bother with the history part of it, though, if you want something of relevance to the new films, the history is no longer in continuity.

I think Galactic Atlas is the best fully canon map book out right now.

PCCViking likes this.