main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit GENERAL QUESTION THREAD (What to read? Where to start? What's canon? What's not? Duros, etc.)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Master_Keralys, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Is there a list I can easily get my hands on for all Canon Young Adult and Adult books for Canon and their chronological order?

2. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    The Wook has this timeline. You can make use of the various tabs near the top to get rid of novelizations, children’s books, etc.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Thanks big help

4. Hamburger_Time

Hamburger_Time Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 13, 2010
    Had another source question, this time about General Veers. He is, of course, sort of infamous as the first cinematic character to be killed off in the EU... or was he? Per Wookieepedia, he was demoted to captain out of spite by Sedriss, then deliberately sent to his death at the Battle of Balmorra in Dark Empire. In the issue itself, though? There IS a "Captain Veers" at the battle, but he appears only as a voice giving orders. Per his article's talk page at the Wook, the narrative of his fate has been unsourced since at least 2006(!!!!!!). So I'd like to know, if there is one, the source that a) Captain Veers at the Battle of Balmorra is a demoted General Veers, and b) that he died there.

A glance at my copy of the CSWE shows that Wook's narrative reprinted there, but as that post-dates the article I'd like the ORIGINAL source to make sure it's not a bit of fanon taken into canon by mistake, as has been known to happen.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
  5. Darth_Duck

Darth_Duck Chosen One star 5

Oct 13, 2000
    It's in the New Essential Guide to Characters.

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

6. Hamburger_Time

Dec 13, 2010
    For that matter, how many cinematic characters HAVE died in the EU? I know of...

* Veers, in the Battle of Balmorra as described above.
    * Madine, blasted by Durga the Hutt in Darksaber.
    * Evazan, assassinated by Boba Fett in Galaxy of Fear.
    * IG-88, in various places due to there being several of him.
    * Mothma and Dodonna, of old age sometime during the end of Bantam-start of Del Rey timeskip.
    * Chewie, squished by moon in Vector Prime.
    * Ackbar, of old age at the end of the YV War.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    DarthJaceus likes this.
  7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Captain Typho in Coruscant Nights 2, Valorum in the Republic comics, a couple of Council members, like Yarael Poof and Yaddle.

8. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Yarael Poof's death was shown in the Zam Wesell one-shot.
    Oppo Rancisis's death was shown in Republic: Siege of Saleucami.
    Jan Dodonna's passing is mentioned at the end of his entry in The New Essential Guide to Characters.

9. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Does Sariss' ANH retcon count? Killed by Kyle Katarn in Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II.

10. Hamburger_Time

Dec 13, 2010
    Can't believe I forgot the Council members. Poor Piell died twice.

11. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I've got a kind of random question- do we know the name of Dok-Ondar's assistant/translator? She's conspicuously unnamed in the Galaxy's Edge mini and in Force Collector, so I'm wondering if it's random or if there's a bit of a mystery surrounding her.

For reference I'm talking about this character. She doesn't seem to have a Wook page, not even as Unidentified Human Female (Batuu) or something. It's possible she's Tohago, but idk.
    Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 11.13.27 PM.png

12. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Veers' death is more explicit in the Dark Empire II audio drama. That is the original source.

13. Hamburger_Time

Dec 13, 2010
    So I think I may have found one of the most obscure cinematic SW characters ever, rivaling the likes of the Sixth Dignitary. Take a look at this screencap from when Obi-Wan is watching the Separatist Council in ROTS:

[​IMG]
    From the "top" of the table to the bottom in this shot, you have Haako, Gunray (Gunray standing up is obscuring Haako sitting down, but he's there), Argente, Nudo, Shu Mai, Poggle, Tambor, San Hill, Tikkes, and... wait, who's that? Yeah, there's an extra Sep Council member visible in this shot and I don't think any other, though they look just like a gray lump from this distance. Does any source say who that is? My only guess would be Wodrata or however you spell that, who is also just barely visible in the AOTC Council scene, but other than that I've got nothing.

14. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    Sounds like a mystery for @Barriss_Coffee!

Daneira likes this.
  15. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    The head looks elongated to me, so it could be.

16. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    Fett killed Evazan, but he was resurrected thanks to the research he was doing on the dead.

Dodonna is an interesting case, as he was first killed in the newspaper strips by Goodwin and Williamson, then showed up in Dark Empire, which led Stackpole to include him in his novels to explain the discrepancy, and then killed again in the New Essential Guide to Characters.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
    DarthJaceus, Iron_lord and Senpezeco like this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am trying to find a canon list of survivors of order 66 I know there is a list that combines both legends and Canon on Wookieepidia but before I go sorting through that list do we have one of just Canon survivors?

18. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Hmmmm I am almost certain Pablo Hidalgo addressed this question in one of his Q&A's around 2005 or a couple of years after. He didn't know. Wodrata makes sense, but I don't know if they kept any records around. It looks a bit like an Ishi-Tib to me.

I would bet there was a character in mind, but it could have been an intentional placeholder because they knew no one could see that clearly. Another possible clue could be hidden in the cut scenes from Mustafar that still haven't been fully released, of which there seem to have been several, but I don't know how much those were fully animated or cut on the drawing room floor. In which case, Mystery Utapau Councilor in White might not have been a top priority (but if it was Wodrata, she might have been partly animated for that).

Nom von Anor likes this.
  19. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Could it be Toonbuck Toora?

20. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Have publishing eras been established for the Nu-Canon?

21. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Not in the way they existed for Legends. Canon covers a much shorter period of time, so there's not as much a point. The eras were pretty superficial anyway, and IMO limited some of the directions authors could take stories in.

22. Hamburger_Time

Dec 13, 2010
    Thanks for answering my questions. Here's another: is there a list of Jedi characters that are known to be active in the prequel/Clone Wars era, but created before the prequels? Characters like Nejaa Halcyon, Ranik Solusar, and Quarmall are what I'm after.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  23. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    I'm not aware of any list, but Empatojayos Brand is one. Also Avan Post: Mentioned in Wedge's Gamble or The Krytos Trap, and then reported killed battling the Separatists in one of the Clone Wars Holonet articles in Insider.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  24. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    More than any other source, the 1987-1998 West End Games RPG books probably contributed a solid clutch, many of who were hunted down or turned into Inquisitors after the Jedi Purge. Back in the mid-2000s while working on the old Clone Wars Dossier project here in Lit, we used to have an organized list of all of these assets, but alas, they're lost in the mists of time and the oblivion of old threads.

25. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    One of the first things we learn about Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi is that they fought in the Clone Wars, so that certainly counts. In terms of just generic "before the time of the Empire", that's pretty much every Jedi created pre-1999 (aside from Luke's group of newbies)